Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1707525 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #9840 on: August 20, 2014, 08:54:50 AM »
Congrats on your decision to take the test!  Which ones are you taking?  You will do fine, I have no doubt no matter what.

Didn't sleep last night for some reason so I'm a bit shaky today and just generally annoyed with life and everything in it so I think my best bet is to just avoid people and and put on my ipod and work in the yard for a bit or on a special order I need to take care of.

Other than that, we may have a bunch of company this weekend so I should be getting the house ready, but I really don't feel like shopping or cleaning today so they may get to see the way we really live and eat!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #9841 on: August 20, 2014, 09:19:33 AM »
I'm doing the basic K-5 to start.  I'd eventually like to teach special ed, but that would obviously come later and probably require going back to school for some stuff.

Finally made cookie dough last night; I'd been talking about it for almost a week, and it's not difficult even if it is a Bouchon Bakery recipe with the requisite "process" everything in that book has.  It just takes a while.

Eric got the outdoor aquaponics plumbing to stop leaking, so now the pond will be filtered by the rocks properly.  Can't wait 'til the waterfall is complete & it's all done except for adding more fish & plants!  Right now we've got two water lilies and some other plants, 5 fish, and a dozen tadpoles, if they're all still alive.  One might actually be a frog by now; when we got him over the weekend he was nearly a frog, with just a little vestigial tail left.

We're going nuts with all these dog rescues we've applied to.  So many hoops to jump through, so much delay.  It's a little crazy-making.

Today is just work, answering any more inquiries we get from the rescues that have our applications, and maybe I'll work on my new face painting tote.  I'd like to have it done before Saturday's gig.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »
When I lived in Houston  I  did the Special Ed  materials  for  a school district.  All their Sp  Ed  people had  advanced  degrees  in their chosen areas...   speech   etc.   The highest paid  besides  director of special ed  were the  diagnosticians.   Their testing instruments were  through the roof.....   The price of a Stanford Binet  would clothe me for  2 years....   
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9843 on: August 21, 2014, 06:48:00 AM »
Morning everyone.... :D

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: August 21, 2014, 10:09:42 AM »
Hi everyone!
Larissa, did you make your display yet? Any particular reason for red canvas? I was going to suggest just buying a canvas drop cloth. They are large and much cheaper than yardage. the color won't bleed either. AS for the vinyl, I would get something in the middle range. The really thin stuff is not the sturdiest and will stretch and possible tear over time. Buy a needle meant for sewing that type of material too. It will save you a lot of headache. Share a picture when you finish!

The same old stuff for me this week. I am happy though that my jewelry seems to moving okay at the hair studio. I have a key so I can go and switch stuff up, and change displays whenever I want. I like going when she is not open so I don't interrupt her and bother her customers.

We are going to Chicago over Labor Day weekend. It's a short vacation, but I'll get to see Zoey!  I am excited and hope the weather cooperates.
Have a good day and happy sales!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: August 21, 2014, 10:59:11 AM »
If  you  get the drop cloth  you will have lots of  cloth  left to market these  after you discover how easy  it is and how attractive they are. 
Since  you don't sew all the time  I feel I should warn you to put an index card or a piece of paper under your  presser foot  when you change your needle.  That way you won't drop your old needle  down into the innards of your machine.   How do I know this?    PLEASE  don't ask.  It  can get caught  and cause some irritation....    nothing serious or expensive.   You wouldn't have to take it to the dealer for repair.
You see all these books at  the stores and libraries on how to do various things.   One day I'm going to  write one on How Not to Do Just About Everything.
Good luck with your project.
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: August 21, 2014, 12:06:23 PM »
In another post I suggested  bias tape for your trim......    The drop cloth could be trimmed out in  red bias tape  as could your pockets.  It comes in many widths
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9847 on: August 22, 2014, 05:46:54 AM »
Morning everyone.....hope all is well with everybody....

Just found out  I am this weeks featured artist at On Fire for Handmade!

http://onfireforhandmade.com/european-touch-ha-shop-shout/

Please visit, comment and share, it is greatly appreciated,

And thank you Anne....... :-*

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9848 on: August 22, 2014, 09:34:43 AM »
Just posted a new Jewel Table mirror in the gallery..... ;) :D

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: August 22, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »

Congrats! I left a comment and shared.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9850 on: August 22, 2014, 09:53:59 AM »

Congrats! I left a comment and shared.

Thanks Teresa, greatly appreciated.... :D

Offline Bluerosedreamer

• Gather ye Lords and Ladies fair......
    • View Profile
    • Blue Roses Dreaming
« Reply #9851 on: August 22, 2014, 06:31:15 PM »
I taught myself how make a beaded cuff, which, really wasn't that difficult once I found a picture of one and saw how it was made.

I also helped my daughter who is starting her own business making bath salts and body scrubs. She is working on her degree in Alternative Medicine and decided to put some of what she's learned to use.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9852 on: August 23, 2014, 06:05:29 AM »
God Morning happy Saturday, a new highlight to visit and promote

Vibrant fall colors on handmadeartists.com

https://handmadeartists.com/highlights-details/?id=201408230556384ca42&uid=20012012144713&index=

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #9853 on: August 23, 2014, 10:26:48 AM »
Youuu hoooo! It's been forever since I've been around, I hope all is well with everyone - I've missed keeping tabs on all that's happening with you all and will do my best to read back and see what I've missed!
We went to Belize for 5 weeks, we weren't there 3 days before we just decided to call the builder we chose and take the leap to start building in spite of not having sold either house here in the USA, they made TONS of progress in just the time we were there and continue to do so. Exciting and nerve wracking! The architect did a terrific job and seemed to be inside my head when it came to my studio space...we're putting it on the roof of the house and is FULL of windows which leads to an enormous rooftop terrace.
Two days ago we sold a house! Thankfully it's not the one we are living in because we haven't purchased a shipping container for our household goods yet which would mean having to move into the old house - no bueno!
So, that's my condensed version of what's up - time to read back and see how everyone is making out- Miss y'all!

Offline Bluerosedreamer

• Gather ye Lords and Ladies fair......
    • View Profile
    • Blue Roses Dreaming
« Reply #9854 on: August 24, 2014, 08:11:31 AM »
Ooooh, Belize. I've heard it's beautiful there.

Work day today, since I took yesterday off (sort of). Listing some new pieces while listening to Doctor Who soundtracks (fangirling).

Today is our oldest's birthday. He turned 28 today - I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one. He's with friends today so tomorrow I make him his lasagna....the only way to lure him over for dinner any more, LOL.