Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1784382 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #9510 on: June 25, 2014, 04:50:11 PM »
Have I told you lately..... :-*

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9511 on: June 26, 2014, 05:12:07 AM »
Good Morning, my day of Music.......

Wishing you all lotsa sales....have fun... ;) :D

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: June 26, 2014, 06:16:25 AM »
Good morning all...still rolling along here, well, with the exception of an ER visit yesterday!  I was taking an old photo out of an old frame, bending the nails back with a pair of scissors and the nail snapped in two sending the scissors into my wrist.  4 stitches and a tetanus shot later and I'm all wrapped up and ready to go. 

We purge a lot anyway, but for a few days had a dumpster delivered to the house and actually filled it with wood from the yard and stuff from the house.  shocking how much you really accumulate when you stay in one place for long.  There is still more to get rid of that I keep finding hiding around the house, but most of that can be done in the regular trash cans.  So far, the garage is full of boxes and they are stacked around the house up against walls so we can still move around but still a mess.  I have 10 days before we leave for Montana for a week so I need to get 90% of it done.  My plan is to leave the kitchen and pack that when we get back, right before we move.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: June 26, 2014, 06:54:32 AM »
It's best to do the kitchen last, especially with  teenage boys who must be fed almost constantly.   Like baby birds they are always hungry....  I wish you well on this move.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #9514 on: June 26, 2014, 07:03:33 AM »
I am so sorry to read that your scissors attacked you so rudely!  I am very glad and happy to hear that you are OK.  I sliced my finger open with a Rotor Cutter once while trimming fabric, that hurt.  Moving.  What fun.  I may be doing that myself here soon. Looking at Oregon as possible relocation.

Wanted to say a quick howdy, and that an influx of Etsy escapees may be headed this way.  They are playing with the site once again, and have removed several features that people aren't going to like.  The new design removes shop banners and other visual identifiers / "branding" in favor of shop statistics and things that mean nothing to a shopper / customer.  I am on the verge of deleting my store there all together. 

Lots of new stores here, great to see you're growing and the site is expanding.  Off to ponder a blog post. Have a grand and lovely day.

Offline TXGulfCoastCreations

• Beautifying the world 1 handcrafted item at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: June 26, 2014, 12:53:21 PM »
Hi Everyone, Storming here again, so just a quick pop in to say hi and have a great day. I read what I could of posts. Lack of sleep, eyes are very bleary and blurry, so, btwn storms and eyes, I'm heading off the computer. It's been acting up after all the power outages lately btwn storms and the lines being impinged by 'vegetation' on the next street over, so not taking any chances. Have a good one! Lisa

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: June 26, 2014, 01:45:21 PM »
My head is whirling with all that's been going on here!  :-\
I'll just say that I hope, pray and believe it will all work itself out, ailments will be healed, and all will be right with the world.

Our hot tub thing is so minor compared to all else going on here. I did go and file a report at the sheriff's office this morning. They will be working with a detective in another county who had filed criminal charges against this guy. One bright spot in this whole thing was on our local news with their troubleshooter. A couple days after it aired, the guy they had on for the story got both the parts AND his money back from this guy. His was nearly $800 and obviously he was happy. Anyway, the sheriff made it sound like we had a good case so hopefully we have good results. I really just want this guy off the streets and not ripping off anyone else.

One more thing. My gluten free stuff seems to be going over really well. Maybe because it is flavorful and not hard as a rock.( Lorna had been buying some from a real bakery and it was not well received.)Anyway, I have a special order for a GF angel food cake for Saturday! 

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #9517 on: June 26, 2014, 03:27:28 PM »
It's been crazy at the office, even more than at home.  I'm like a pinball.  And a spinning top.  At the same time.

Tonight after work, all E & I have to do is watch the movie for Saturday night's film club meeting - this month they decided to do the first coed meeting, so E's coming with me.  That's it.

Friday the guys, without E, are doing another big cook of the sauces & rubs, and the SZS website should go live shortly thereafter.  He's got a third potential wholesale account too, with a local hardware store that sells smokers, wood chips and chunks, and a few sauces.  They seemed really excited about carrying sauce from a local company, so that's cool.

Hope everyone's well, getting well, or will be getting well very soon!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #9518 on: June 26, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »
Well, tonight went to hell.  Just got back from the vet (my sister) with Meg.  She's got cancer and likely has a couple months to live.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: June 26, 2014, 11:38:37 PM »
Oh NO, Larissa, I am so sorry, that is tough to hear.  Tough thing to handle as well.  Praying for you all.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9520 on: June 27, 2014, 05:04:57 AM »
Oh dear heavens, Larissa.....I am deeply sorry....what news to get! I can relate, lost a Kitty to cancer.....I am so, so sorry. I know you will make her as comfi as you can for her lil time left with you all, just love her, love her and I know you do.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent. Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: June 27, 2014, 06:56:26 AM »
Larissa,  I am so sorry to hear this.    I remember how sad my sister was  when she lost her  18 yr old cat to cancer.  We  get so attached to our pets.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9522 on: June 27, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »
Artists that we all are, you have to see this.....
Unbelievable !!!!
PAPER !!! IT'S PAPER !!!!!  Yes, only paper.  But wait till you see it. 
Absolutely Amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=524687030973306&set=vb.222272341214778&type=2&theater

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #9523 on: June 27, 2014, 09:04:28 AM »
Thanks, guys.  I knew Meg wouldn't be around forever, but I didn't expect these problems quite this soon.  I figured we had another 2 years at least.  Hell, maybe we do.  Maybe she'll exceed expectations.

I'm bracing myself, though.

That paper stuff is amazing!

Work today, then picking up chicken, rice, gauze pads, and Frosty Paws for Meg.  And then staying home with her tonight & most of tomorrow until the evening when we have film club.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: June 27, 2014, 09:49:12 AM »
Well prayers for all those who need them. I read the emails as they come, but honestly my head has been stuffed in our own situation, I've really had little time to think of everyone else. Sorry
Anyway, our situation is moving forward, as long as the closing stays on time for the new house all should be well. I will most likely only take a week off in between jobs, which sort of sucks, but we really cannot afford going without a paycheck. So hopefully we'll be in our house a moved down within a couple of days of closing and I'll start my new job the 21st of July. At least that is the plan. Everything is crazy but in the same breath everything is good. 8)