Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1800617 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #8655 on: February 09, 2014, 05:35:36 AM »
Doesn't E was sick just a few weeks ago.....I tell you this stuff goes around. Hope he gets better quick.....

Happy Sunday every one..... :D

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: February 09, 2014, 08:50:20 AM »
Good morning! It's gong to be a decent day here today, so I will probably try and take more pictures today. I am also going to work on getting stuff together for an upcoming show. Since this is at a school and benefits said school, I will bring a nice mix of prices but more of my lower priced stuff. I will keep the median price around $25 or less I think.

WE have started looking around at a few areas to possibly move to. So far, it looks like Burlington, NC may be the spot. Nice downtown, plenty of shopping nearby as well. Good schools, nice neighborhoods.

Have a great day everyone!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8657 on: February 09, 2014, 06:00:36 PM »
E was sick a little while back, I think he never fully recovered.  He seems a lot better now, though.  He's cooking us dinner.

My shoulder is tons better from yesterday.  Thing is, I know how I should sleep & usually do, but once in a while I fall asleep all wrong & since don't really move in my sleep I really suffer when I wake up from it.

Mostly read & knitted this weekend, not much else.  A total weekend in the house.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: February 10, 2014, 07:33:56 AM »
Off to Animal Kingdom today https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/animal-kingdom/ spent the day in Epcot yesterday. tons of walking!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8659 on: February 10, 2014, 09:19:44 AM »
Show Off's...... ;D
have to admit it was nice yesterday up here too.... ;) :D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8660 on: February 10, 2014, 09:23:54 AM »
This is not my year for whatever.....yesterday, the wire shelf with hanging rod in my 9 feet closet came down with all my clothes......(sigh) it was not even full, just half of it - apparently they (fromer owner) never heard of studs in the wall....upon a closer look one can see numerous previous holes in the wall.....I wont mess with it and get a closet maid thingy and have it properly installed. So - there is another expense....

THIS is not my year......LOL

I need to make some serious sales to help me along....been promoting the heck outta my store....

Oh, good morning y'all........ :D :-*

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8661 on: February 10, 2014, 09:53:16 AM »
Monika, that SUCKS!  I had that happen at one place we rented, but (1) we were renting and (2) I had a TON of clothes on the rack.  It was cheap crap, but I kind of abused it.

Back at work today after a totally uneventful weekend.  I just read & knitted and read & knitted.

I'm getting sick of the cold and snow and ice, though.  It's colder than it usually is, so nothing's melting.  The poor dog is having a terrible time.  And now I was so excited that it's finally going to be 38 on Thursday & some of this mess would have a chance to melt... until I heard on the radio that we're expecting ANOTHER FOOT OF SNOW that day.  This is really not ok.

And on top of that, Eric went out yesterday to get salt for us, since we finally broke down & decided to get it... and found out that all the stores are out.  Basically, NJ requisitioned all the salt!  So the state gets what they need first, then the county, then municipalities, THEN your average human if there's anything left.  Awesome.

Nothing much tonight, more knitting, I suppose.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #8662 on: February 10, 2014, 11:32:12 AM »
I have been busy and only lurking from time to time  :-[ My latest project is a door knocker I made from salvaged copper and brass, there is around 100 individual wires in this piece (as soon as I can find the proper hardware to mount it, it will be on my door.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8663 on: February 10, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »
OMG, I love that!  I kind of want one.

Offline TXGulfCoastCreations

• Beautifying the world 1 handcrafted item at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: February 10, 2014, 01:38:23 PM »
Hi Everyone, Happy Monday! Brr, cold front coming through, so I'll be inside & working on some new items. Hope everyone stays warm & has a great day! Lisa

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8665 on: February 10, 2014, 02:47:08 PM »
I have been busy and only lurking from time to time  :-[ My latest project is a door knocker I made from salvaged copper and brass, there is around 100 individual wires in this piece (as soon as I can find the proper hardware to mount it, it will be on my door.

Looks awesome Matt, I know nobody will have one like it.....LOL

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8666 on: February 10, 2014, 02:52:53 PM »
Yeah Larissa.....that sucks kinda....so....Garage Door and Opener is fixed to the tune of about $200.00....
closet maid purchased for a 9 foot closet, nothing fancy....just hanging stuff and a small shelving unit for Iron and stuff....to the tune of $230.00....give me a break.....

Now I have to find someone to install that thing and pay him....will it ever end....
(Glen is unable to do that one....)

That was my morning and part of the afternoon....sheeesh....

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8667 on: February 11, 2014, 07:31:55 AM »
Morning everyone....cold here this morning.......

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8668 on: February 11, 2014, 07:44:01 AM »
It's 6 here.  I'm neither enthused nor amused.

Work today, and environmental commission meeting.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8669 on: February 12, 2014, 06:34:31 AM »
Morning, will find out about my lungs today....hopefully.....

I will then try to put the shelf's of the Closet Maid thing together myself, so that will save some money for me. Then the guy just has to put it in the closet...

Been Mosaic-in...have not been creative for so long, its just pouring outta me....and then (yuck)  I will have to play in the mud, meaning grouting....oh well....
Y'all know how much I loooove grouting....

Everyone .... have a fabulous day.....and lots of sales....