Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1859271 times)

Offline Colette

• View Profile
    • Colette's Boutique
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #8325 on: December 08, 2013, 05:23:55 PM »
I just came back from my travel overseas on Friday. I am still a little jet lagged. Came from a hot weather to the snow here ;)
Hopefully, I will get back to normal really soon.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8326 on: December 09, 2013, 05:36:49 AM »
Sandi... :laugh:

Colette, it will get better soon.... :P

LISA !!!! if you are hanging around....Glen and I went to a Christmas Gala, formal, last night...you know limousine pick up and the hole "shebang"....I wore a long black Velvet dress and nothing but silver Jewelry, among other things my fabulous Wrist Piece/Cuff you made for me.
I wish you to know, I got compliments over compliments on your creation and always have cards with me. Gave them out, soooooo you need to know -
people love your jewelry, you just need to be found.

(like it is with all of us)...... ;D ;D

Good Morning everyone..... :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8327 on: December 09, 2013, 11:40:10 PM »
Yet again, so much to catch up on, but right now I'll be catching up on sleep.  I had a sort of good excuse (and it also explains my slacking on the blog ring, on which I will also catch up this week)... I was in heavy rehearsals for my show & making 40 zillion (or 21, which felt like 40 zillion) of these knitted stuffed apples for my fellow cast & crew.  The loved them, but man, it was hard work, took forever, and turned my hands to claws.  They were done in 4 mm DPNs, so they're little and futzy and tight.

Anyway, in the run of the show now.  No more studying lines, no more knitting apples.  A bunch of baking I need to do, but that's it.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8328 on: December 10, 2013, 05:53:07 AM »
Larissa, hats up to you, knitting these tiny things 40 gazillion of them.... :D

Brake a leg on your show.....

I am out the door for Savannah....yeahhhh......

Morning all.... :-*

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #8329 on: December 10, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »
Those are GREAT Larissa! They really are. I bet the cast adored getting one!

Stay warm everyone! And Monika, enjoy Savannah, I was there in September and always love being there

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #8330 on: December 10, 2013, 10:31:06 AM »
Those are very cool, Larissa!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: December 10, 2013, 11:05:14 AM »
Those apples are wonderful and I can only imagine what your hands felt like.

Snow, snow and snow here which really screws up the school schedule.  Yesturday and delayed start and today an early dismissal.  Makes it really hard to get things done around here.

In wrestling news, sorry, but that seems to be our life in the winter; the middle school team bleaches their hair in a show of solidarity every year....so, Nathaniel had me bleach his and he got his uniform yesterday.  He was so proud he was ready to pop.  Baring more weather stuff, he has his first school match tomorrow.

Now, off to get the boys from school and hopefully get some work done.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8333 on: December 12, 2013, 06:42:18 AM »

Stay warm everyone! And Monika, enjoy Savannah, I was there in September and always love being there

Enjoyed Savannah, beautiful old city, our tour guide was very knowledgeable, dead tired here and another concert today.....

Kim that's a good looking Boy you have there....(smile)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: December 12, 2013, 01:30:51 PM »
Like everyone else, I've been pretty busy. Sales at the store are great. So far we are doing way better than last year. Seems people are looking to spend more in local shops, which is nice. Too bad it doesn't spill over into the rest of the year! Later, People in the store.

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #8335 on: December 12, 2013, 02:11:41 PM »
nothing much going on here today....just trying to get Hannah to do her school work  >:(
 :P
then a party tonight at Golden Corral!
 :-*
toodles

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: December 13, 2013, 11:52:09 AM »
nothing much going on here today....just trying to get Hannah to do her school work  >:(
 :P
then a party tonight at Golden Corral!
 :-*
toodles

Golden Corral huh? I know a lot of people like going there, but I do not. Maybe it depends on where you are, but the one in Durham scares me. :o

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: December 14, 2013, 02:03:21 AM »
Hello everyone.  I know I have been MIA for quite awhile, I am so sorry.  Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been thinking of them.  I won't be making any jewelry for a while or crochet or anything for that matter.  I decided not to even try to type for awhile and still only with one hand it is very difficult.   I had an auto accident a month ago, seems like yesterday still, was in the hospital for a few days, surgery and now still recuperating.  Hit and run accident. I hit them but they were being chased by the police and ran a stop sign doing 55 mph in a 30 zone, they got out of their car and ran, one ran away and the other ran into someones home.  Destroyed my car and my left arm.  Luckily I am right handed but as I have found out that does not matter that much except for writing, I am pathetic trying to do anything without my left.

I have to say however, that I am so very thankful, God was with me in that crash and I know that there were angels in that car with me.  Nothing was disturbed inside my car.  Jaedens Christmas presents were in the back and they did not even move around in the car. The policeman came to the hospital and talked to Leia and told her that he knew someone was watching out for me because he truly did not expect me to survive.
All I have is some banged up knees (like they were not in bad shape already) and my upper left arm bone was shattered and the elbow was crushed.  I now have a steel plate and a lot of steel screws and pins and I am told that it will never be fully functional again.  Ha those doctors don't know my God, we shall see.  A gash on the back of my head and some bleeding on the brain  there but that is all okay now. Just sore.

Here is the photo of my car.  Now Leia depends on others to get to and from work for a while, cause yep, those dudes had no insurance and mine will get used up paying the hospital bills. Oh well, I am not complaining, I am alive.

I debated even writing this but decided to let you all know what happened to keep me away for so long

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8338 on: December 14, 2013, 07:12:15 AM »
PAM !!!!!! Have mercy......I mentioned a few pages back that I was missing you....
lots of prayers are in order here.

So glad you are alright, everything else will work itself out, I know, I just know.....

Deeply sorry you had to go thru this, it will all get better.....
Know we love you and missed you, really....

Prayers, good wishes and virtual hugs coming your way.... :-*

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8339 on: December 14, 2013, 07:15:51 AM »
Good Morning everyone.....
came home last night from another Christmas Party, these functions are just getting to much....
Another Sunday School Christmas Party tonight, a concert tomorrow, a concert on Sunday and another Christmas Party.....and...and... and ....we are just the social butterfly's here......
Wishing everyone lots of sales today..... :D