Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796527 times)

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #8295 on: December 04, 2013, 11:57:33 AM »
Brrrr. it's cold here...

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8296 on: December 04, 2013, 12:14:03 PM »
Brrrr. it's cold here...

:D  have you put on a coat, sweater, jacket, hat???? (smile)
Just kiddin.....

We are getting a "heat Wave" again here in Florida, for the next few days in the 80's....

But Glen and I going to Savannah next week for a few days vacation and its in the 50's there.....

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #8297 on: December 04, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »
A foot of snow fell overnight.  The predicted high here today is 19, with a low of -7 this evening, and colder tomorrow.  Thermals and fur coat came out this morning!  But I'm warm and toasty inside....  had two more sales !

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: December 04, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »
Yes Kris, I am closing Hollyhocks. It's just NOT happening here. After a break, I think I will scout for a new location. I need to find a place where the foot traffic is at least somewhat consistent. Mebane is not like that at all. I honestly do not know how some of these other places manage to stay open.

I just finished writing out checks to everyone who sold last month. I have some new product to put out and a custom order to make this evening. Lucky for me it's just a simple pair of earrings. She needs them tomorrow afternoon.
I'll try and pop by later if I have time. So much to do! :D

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: December 04, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »
Hi Everyone.  I just thought I'd let you know that I am closing my shop here.  My last day open will be this Sunday.

SO.....if you would like any cards, now would be the time to snap them up :) 

Thank you to all of the wonderful people that I have had the pleasure of knowing, the new friends I have made and for all the help.  Hopefully we can still keep in touch.  I wish everyone the best and lots of sales!

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: December 04, 2013, 09:30:02 PM »
Beth- so sorry to hear that, it's been nice getting to know you. And just because you close this shop doesn't mean you have to be a stranger in the forums. Hoping you are still going to be making your beautiful cards and everything is okay with you.

I finally took a few pictures and am gradually building on my shop here. It won't happen overnight, but getting a couple of things listed, between work and life.

Everyone sounds busy, don't forget to pace yourselves and take a deep breath now and then ;)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8301 on: December 05, 2013, 06:48:33 AM »
I second Bev motion, you will be missed but don't have to be a stranger in the forums..... :-*

Today another Concert.....trying to rest up this morning...... :D
Those seniors in the Nursing and retirement homes appreciate it so much when we are singing for them.....have tried last night to memorize my solo....ach...this memorizer of mine seem to be broken....LOL.....I will make it.....

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.....

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: December 05, 2013, 07:33:06 AM »
Is it wrong to laugh at my boys walking out the door?  Between their backpacks loaded with binders and books, lunch bags, sports equipment and change of clothes, plus music instruments....they look like a couple of pack mules waddling down the street! 

Other than that, the other day I baked a ton of cookies for Andrew to take into the office and to the job site (my tradition) and now can't even look at sugar!  Two kinds of fudge plus 4 types of cookies is enough to make me sick.  I also finished my family Christmas gifts and just need to get them in the mail.

today I am going to do some computer stuff as well as have to run out for Lacrosse equipment that I didn't think we needed for another few months; but I was wrong. 

Hope everyone is well!

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #8303 on: December 05, 2013, 12:28:22 PM »
afternoon everyone! 
busy, busy, busy...raining here and now I can't/won't bring the wet tree into the house, but it's suppose to hit 71 tomorrow
 8)
time for Hannah's spelling test....
ttyl!
Debbi

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8304 on: December 05, 2013, 12:36:55 PM »
Just peeking in real quick...
(Germany just skyped, have to get my English back in order after speaking German)

Phone is ringing, honey is on its way, we are leaving shortly for our concert we are giving.....

Kim, it sounds like kids these days have more packing for school than we once did...poor guys...

Later.....

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: December 05, 2013, 01:01:29 PM »
 :( Sorry to hear the news Beth, but you gotta do what you gotta do you know. Please pop in to the forum now and then to say hi!

Kimberly, I just had to smile when I read that about your kids. It is crazy isn't it?

Oops, someone is coming in the store. Be back later!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #8306 on: December 05, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »
Is it wrong to laugh at my boys walking out the door?  Between their backpacks loaded with binders and books, lunch bags, sports equipment and change of clothes, plus music instruments....they look like a couple of pack mules waddling down the street! 

Laugh away, Kimberly, consider this payback for having to haul playpens, diaper bags, toys, bottles etc. just to go up the road for a gallon of milk when they were babies (well, maybe not playpens - haha)
 ;)

Sorry to see you closing up, Beth, please do stick around in the forums!

Sandi, I sure hope you are hunkered down and staying warm, I think you are sending that weather my way
 :o

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #8307 on: December 05, 2013, 05:28:47 PM »
Life is full of choices, Beth, and we all understand that.  Do stay with us in the forums!

The high here today was 12 according to our thermometer!

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: December 05, 2013, 08:42:21 PM »
Brrr Sandi,  it reached the 40's here early today but is now down to 21 and with the wind chill felt colder.
One more day to work this week. and I've been managing to add a few new listings this week :D .

Is anyone going to chat tonight?

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #8309 on: December 05, 2013, 09:34:23 PM »
I tried to get in to chat but had no internet service. The ISP said the outage was weather related.