Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796858 times)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #8235 on: November 21, 2013, 01:39:49 PM »
In the South we've always said "hiney"   and I've always assumed it meant  hind end.....  So glad to know I can now speak German.Larissa, you need a nap.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8236 on: November 21, 2013, 03:43:56 PM »
Beth, what a great order!

(still catching up, obviously)

Thank YOU for your service.

And the talk of losing things in the move... when we moved to our current house last August/September, we didn't have movers.  We rented a truck & had friends helping.  Well, somehow, somewhere, we're missing three big serving bowls from our dishes, plus all the lids to our All-Clad & Le Creuset pots & pans.  How the heck does that happen when we're the ones moving everything?  I'm still hopeful that there's one kitchen box somewhere in the attic or garage that we missed somewhere.  Otherwise, that's going to suck to replace, but we can't really make do like we have been without pot lids.  Actually, I do have ONE lid for ONE pot that's a different brand & doesn't fit the rest.  Go figure.

Kimberly, how could you write about me like I do 10,000 things when you're just the same?  :)  Congrats on making the move to full time creator & site-admin, though!

Philly fans are terrible.  Even they know it, and it doesn't matter which sport.  My sister used to live by the stadiums & arenas when she was at UPenn & she met a lot of the players & their wives who lived in her building.  The players & wives were really nice, but the fans are just awful.

Chris, welcome!  Sorry about your friend in the ICU.  It's hard not to be nearby, I know.  My best friend lives in Colorado & when he got into a terrible car accident back in '99 & was in the hospital for 3 weeks, it drove me crazy I wasn't there to visit & help.  I ended up sending him a card every day to sort of make up for it.

OMG, Colette, I am so sorry!  I couldn't imagine losing my sister, that's horrible.

T, so glad to hear about the good sales, even if it wasn't enough to turn the tables for you.  Good job!

It's cold here too, but that's to be expected in NJ, I suppose.  I'm just not a fan.  And our house, solidly built as it is, is terrible for insulation.  The windows are 1954 - gorgeous, but drafty!  And the attic isn't insulated, so a lot of heat leaves that way.  We do our best, but the oil bill sucks.  The office is chilly too; I've got my space heater under my desk running constantly, but that's because they're doing construction.  My boss owned this building (a converted house) and the house next door - so they finally got the permits to knock down the other house & are expanding our office.  It's going to be great, but in the meantime, I really wish they were doing this in September or June if they've got to be cutting through outside walls & removing windows.  And the hammering.  God, the hammering.  At least it's not the jackhammering we had previously when they redid the sidewalk out front & moved the driveway for both buildings.  Holy crow.  I needed coffee & Advil every day at work.

You're absolutely right, Marty, I do need a nap.  But the universe seems to be conspiring against me getting any sleep.  I hate change & upheaval, and a couple days ago the most longstanding staffmember at the firm got the boot, making ME the most senior here at just over a year!  She'd been here ELEVEN years.  Yikes.  Plus, the other day, my brother-in-law's fiancee decided to take a hike with their sons, so I was up 'til 3 a.m. earlier in the week helping him draft applications for custody and the like in the NY courts.  I can't appear with him, but I was able to help behind the scenes, at least.  And then last night I was up 'til 3 baking cupcakes for the book club meeting tonight.  This weekend in addition to rehearsal, we have to finish blowing leaves (we got the front done last weekend but need to do the sides & back before it snows), I need to finish Snew White costumes (why did I sign up to be the costumer as well as in the show?!), and I need to knock out a slew of these knitted apples or I won't have them done by preview night on December 6.

Sigh.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #8237 on: November 21, 2013, 04:11:07 PM »
Stop and take a breath Larissa..  ;)
 I have been sort of lurking lately... but not signed in...
I have been working hard on my shop, I finally got a wood stove in it so now I can work when the weather is frightful. Still plugging along on my web site, it is still under construction, but there is a bit there. for those interested, the address is stone-age-pipes.com

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: November 21, 2013, 04:22:53 PM »
 :-\ I feel tired! I just finished reading the novelette by Larissa.

Thanks too for your comment about my store. Yeah, it's not an easy thing but it had to be done. I am getting a lot of positive feedback from regular customers as well as my sellers. That makes me feel better knowing that they appreciate being treated fairly, that I care about what goes on in their lives outside the store, etc. I've heard some awful stories about other business owners with the same type store that are just awful to their people. I like that my store is much like here. Despite our differences, we all get along. Oh, and yes, the sales over the 3 days was record breaking! That made me a very happy girl!

I'm not feeling it for blogging either.  That's why I haven't joined up with the blog ring again. I just don't want to be "one of those people".
My creative vent has been earrings. Quick and simple. And they are probably my best seller here. (and necklaces)
I think this weekend I will add some new things to my shop. It really needs some fresh stuff.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8239 on: November 21, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »
Monika, I knew that about your mom, but still get such a kick out of the fact that you thought you were Jewish.  You must have been so confused when you were scheduled for confirmation!  Sorry you had to suffer so much with the move.  I'm with you, I'd help a friend over doing my own thing.  Also, I had no idea heinie was German!  We use it too, probably from the Yiddish version of the German; that's pretty funny.  I always thought it was just some sort of slang.  I love the toilet as a housewarming gift!  Glen's a riot & I'm so glad you're in the new place.  What's the height of a "regular" toilet?
End Quote

Larissa, " Heinie" is your behind, the German and Yiddish spelling. It's also a first German name, poor guy...don't go there.....
But generally you are right....LOL

Glen indeed is a riot, you all just don't know, I hit the jackpot.... ;D ;D

OK, Toilets, the standard height was in the 50's 14 inches, people were shorter then. Then sometime after they went up to 16 inches standard.
My throne is 18.5 inches and its just like you sit on a dining chair....LOL .......it s also a water saver, you have 1 button for number 1 and 1 button to push for number 2. Fancy thing I tell ya....
That's 'nough about thrones now......

Off to Choir practice ....again.....

Offline AmandasGranny

• View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: November 21, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »
trusk4u...did you close your store or just the blog?  Looks interesting...I can tell there has been a lot of work done to it.  Wish we had a consignment store in NE GA or W NC that would take GA stuff.mildred

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8241 on: November 22, 2013, 07:31:59 AM »
Morning everyone....

I am really, really very happy for you Teresa, such a successful sale....

Slept 8.5 hours, I must have been really exhausted yesterday.....

Have a great day, you all, bunches of sales and  happy mind..... :D

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: November 23, 2013, 08:28:31 AM »
What a difference a couple of hours make.  It's dropped from the 60's around 3:30am to the low 40's this morning and we're due for some rain today. 

Have to get to the PO and grocery store today.  My daughter is cooking for turkey day, so that will be nice.

Have a great day everyone!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8243 on: November 23, 2013, 08:54:34 AM »
Morning everyone.....brrrrr Beth..... that will be cold.....

I invested in an electric fireplace, uses the electricity of a coffee maker, will heat my living room and I can keep the rest of the house on 68 degrees, safe electricity.

Its a really good looking fireplace too, cherry wood mantel and such, remote control...see what it will do this Florida Winter.....small pic below...

Have the cable company come out, again - I have snail speed here and pay for High speed .....aint that not right....!? :-\
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:56:57 AM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8244 on: November 23, 2013, 11:59:05 AM »
We're getting a cold front here this weekend, too, and supposed to be getting snow.  There goes leafblowing.  Ugh.

Staying in, except for maybe depositing my paycheck at the bank/supermarket, and getting a turkey for Thanksgiving.

I need to knit more poison apples (have 8, need 20), sew the costume stuff, and that's it, really.  Tomorrow night, I have rehearsal.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: November 23, 2013, 02:07:45 PM »
It's 16 outside today with some snow! but a nice 73 inside with our wood furnace burning nicely :) Just thankful I don't have to go outside today and hoping it warms up for next weekend.

Happy knitting Larissa- you can do it! and warm wishes to everyone, this will be a crafting weekend for me too. Lots of things to finish!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #8246 on: November 23, 2013, 02:19:54 PM »
Snowing here today.  I'm still working on the deer quilt and am hoping to be binding it tomorrow.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8247 on: November 23, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »
Getting colder by the hour here in Florida and just got my fireplace mantel and fireplace heater put together. AND its working.....(damn, I am good.. :P....LOL)

Off to rehearsal...... :D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8248 on: November 24, 2013, 06:50:43 AM »
Good Morning, running off to sing at both services today.....it is COLD ..... :(

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8249 on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:28 AM »
This made me really laugh out loud this early in the morning, love it !!!!!!