Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1528749 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #7110 on: June 15, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »
Trust me...  I have been reading and keeping up!  My life has been filled with my "real" job and arts festival and that's about it!  But today, I actually made and listed a new item in my shop and it felt so incredibly good to do it.  I did some shop and site promotion this morning also...  Basically, I told myself that the other stuff can wait.

I love that everyone has such wonderful and interesting things going on!  Thanks so much for posting!

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: June 15, 2013, 09:06:28 PM »
Been in the craft room all day making Christmas gift tags, cards and a few new kids birthday cards too. 

Kind of all over the place with my thinking and creating. :-\

I tend to jump from one idea to another.  I have a hard time sometimes trying to deal with my head issues and keeping on task. 

I need to get all the new cards together tomorrow and take pictures and load them into my shop.  I also need to get groceries, my meds and pick up my card mess that is in two different rooms everywhere :o

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: June 15, 2013, 10:14:16 PM »
Well since today is nearly over, I'll ask if everyone had a wonderful day today. Tomorrow is not here yet, but I plan to have a great day tomorrow. 

Monika I did not come from here from another country, but wound up in FL because of the same reason 'divorce'.  It was just too difficcult to have to see him every other weekend when he picked up the kids with his new girlfriend.  Anyway, here is came and here I will stay, thunderstorms, lightning and all.  YAY, we go not a drop of rain in Port Orange today.

Hey hey, I walked another mile today.  Ok so I stopped at every other bench along the way, but I got it done and this one was with the little man, the other day the 1.5 miles was to get away from the house and all that goes with it.   :o :o

Good day, library visit, lake walk around, new hair accessory listed what more could I ask for.

Everyone be good to yourselves and to someone else tomorrow.  I won't be here til late, I am having another good day.  hurrray 8) 8)

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #7113 on: June 16, 2013, 01:38:58 AM »
Larissa, Hope the party is great!!!! Wish I could be there.
I continue preparing for my jewelry party.  So far, I seem to be the only one attending.

ah Lisa I hope you get a great turnout. who knows maybe everyone will decide at the last minute to come!

It's been a long day, and tomorrow (Sunday) I've got both kids at home from early in the am till 4:30 - 5:00.  Kai by himself is cool, but throw in 3 yr old Evie and it's a whole different ball game!  I did have a lot of fun with her this afternoon tho, blowing bubbles, she laughed and laughed and laughed some more!  Such simple pleasures!  bubbles and balloons are 2 of my favorite toys!  No balloons tho, oops I left them at home.
Have a great day everyone!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #7114 on: June 16, 2013, 05:54:58 AM »
For all the Father's out there, have a happy blessed Father's Day.....

Every Father should remember that one day his son’s will follow his example
instead of his advise.
Anyone can be a father.....but it takes someone special to be a DAD.

I took Glen out last night for his Father's Day, we went to a Seafood Restaurant. Shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp.....Yummy....
Today is his family day....

Sun is shining here, birds are singing, and it will not be as hot.....
Know you are all loved.... :-*

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: June 16, 2013, 07:06:19 AM »
Company picnic yesturday wore me out.  Fun with great food but I still came home and crashed.  Today we are hanging low and tomorrow is Nathaniel is graduating from 5th grade and Spencer from 8th so it will be busy.

Also, Happy Father's Day to all the dads here....but especially Andrew!  Our boys would not be who they are without you!

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: June 16, 2013, 07:14:39 AM »
What a wonderful picture, Kimberly!  Happy Father's Day, Andrew!

Happy Father's Day to all those dad's out there. 

I know there must be a lot of us here who don't have Dad's with us anymore, which is so sad, but many of us still have all the great memories that we shared with them when they were with us.

To my Dad...I sure do miss you and love you!  It's been two years.  You will always be with me in my heart.  I hope Father's Day in Heaven is a very special day!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: June 16, 2013, 07:46:09 AM »
Thanks for the Happy Fathers' Day wishes honey! Your guys are the best.
And Beth I feel for the loss of your father as I lost mine in Jan, I will miss him deeply.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: June 16, 2013, 08:40:36 AM »
It does take a special guy to be a DAD! I love the family picture too!
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's!

Although it has 15 years since my Dad passed, I do miss him especially on Father's Day and my birthday. Our birthdays are only a week apart. It wasn't always rosy with him as he had a serious drinking problem, but the last few years were sober and good. He taught me a lot without realizing it I think.

I'll be off to the store for a few hours today. WE have tickets to see the Durham Bulls game this evening. They are also celebrating the 25th anniversary of the movie "Bull Durham" which was shot in part at the old park. I love minor league ball. It's so much fun! I wish you all a great day today!?

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #7119 on: June 16, 2013, 09:13:24 AM »
Good Morning,

Happy Father's Day to Andrew, and all the Dad's and Single Mom's doing double duty!  That is a great picture of the family, so much love, and the turquoise hair streak is fabulous.  I have to call my "Patron" (say it like a Sicilian) later today. I have never called my Dad, "Dad", we have always had nick-names for each other, I don't think he has ever said my name, unless he was really really MAD at me.  Debbi (ybc) will love this, he calls me "Squirrel", explains a lot don't it.

I would also like to apologize for my lack of participation lately.  Some times life is a four-letter word that gets in the way of what one would like to do.  I think I have finally managed to get a schedule back on track.

Everybody sounds like they are having such a good time creating and listing and discovering new endeavors!  Saturday, yesterday I got the Keys to My Dream...  I am so excited, no longer a dream, it is really, really real, and happening.  Keys are kind of like the signature to a contract that doesn't exist, but the unspoken says so much more than I can find words for.

Have a great day.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #7120 on: June 16, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »
Happy Father's Day to everyone!

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: June 16, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »
I'd really like to have a professional photographer right about now.  I just can't seem to get the words on my cards to come out clearly :'(

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: June 16, 2013, 01:30:31 PM »
I'd really like to have a professional photographer right about now.  I just can't seem to get the words on my cards to come out clearly :'(

I think most of us would like that!

Alix, we totally understand! When I opened my store, it was almost 2 months of non stop work to get it set up and ready to go. what kind of checkout /inventory system are you using? I love mine. Makes keeping track of everything super easy. If you'd like info message me. It is still a work in progress. I am always moving stuff around and changing displays. today I took apart the Father's Day table and found spots to put that stuff. I set up a great soap display on that table (I made a wholesale purchase from one of our vendors here). I moved the lacy scarves to the back near the tee shirts and stuff since they aren't really getting much attention now.   
That table now has outside stuff. I have wind chimes there, stained glass, a birdhouse, a painted mailbox, floral things, etc.  It's beautiful out, but haven't seen a soul yet. I will close a little early since we're going to a ball game.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: June 16, 2013, 01:41:58 PM »
Guess he thinks he is ready!  Monday Spencer graduates from 8th grade and heads to high school and Nathaniel graduates 5th grade and heads to middle school.  Grew up so fast and other times not fast enough.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #7124 on: June 16, 2013, 06:33:47 PM »
Congrats to the boys, Kimberly (and Andrew)!

Alix, I am so freakin' excited for you, you have no idea.  Much success, fun, and happiness.

The party yesterday was a blast and a success.  Crawfish & BBQ galore, pecan pie, and I tried the Bouchon Bakery of nutter butters.  They were an insane amount of work, but holy crow are they amazing.  With how much work they were, I was kind of hoping we'd hate them, but no such luck.

I crashed pretty early last night; the party started at 3 & ended around 11, and I was just finished.  But I also face painted at the Valerie Fund walk from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. before the party.  And we stayed up really late Friday prepping.  It was pretty grueling.

Today we went out with a local beekeeper to 4  of his 5 hives.  I got to use my gear for the first time, held a brood panel, watched two brand new bees emerge from their cells, got brave enough to take off a glove and taste honey straight from the hive with a finger, and smoked the hives.  IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!  I can't wait 'til we have bees now.  I really can't wait.

Now I'm continuing to paint the hive & waiting for the new episode of True Blood.  Yay!