Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1654321 times)

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #6660 on: May 02, 2013, 02:28:41 PM »
I know little about jewelry, but sorry for your problems Alix. Could the instructor be teaching you about things that don't work??? :(

Put in a fairly busy day at work today and my feet are tired! Trying to get some ambition together to dye some more roving tonight, fiber show on the 11th. Also have to get the top back on my trailer before then, but do have the week-end off. Enjoying the change in weather, we went from winter to summer :)

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #6661 on: May 02, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »
I know little about jewelry, but sorry for your problems Alix. Could the instructor be teaching you about things that don't work??? :(

The instructions did not say these wouldn't work, in fact they said nothing about the substitutions at all.  Well if they were teaching us about things that didn't work I should get an A+ and pass with flying colors.  Yeesh!

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: May 02, 2013, 06:46:54 PM »
What did I do today,  laughed my bum off all night and all day.  I have this mental picture I must tell you about.  It is just too funny, try to picture this.  My daughter now hates birdsd.  She took Jaeden to an education day with the Cubs Baseball team yesterday, and while sitting behind home plate underneath the huge canopy and behind all sorts of netting, a bird pooped on her hand (a lot)  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then on her way home from cleaning the dojo, she had to drop off a couple books and videos at the library which she did and on her exit she noticed quite a few people having  conversation about  bird in the tree, she looks up and says "oh what a beautiful bird" and just simply continued on to her car, at which time this bird, (hawk) swooped down and attempted to lift her off the ground. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  She wears what is called 'messy bun' all the time and it grabbed her bun and tried to take off with her.  She was flabergasted, and as she said, screaming like a girl, 'get it off', get it off' and some gentleman tried valiently to help her by swatting her on the top of her head, her cheeks, everywhere but where the bird was.  It was  apparently some minutes before the hawk decided to give up. She says she is really not sure why it decided to let go, but happy that it did. 

Again, I have been laughing all night and all day everytime I think about this.  If you knew my daughter, you would understand a bit better.  She is not your typical girly girl, but something like these two things absolutely "get away with her" as my mother would have said.  She said, 'mom, I was so humiliated."   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6663 on: May 03, 2013, 05:38:58 AM »
Good Morning everyone....we are flooding here, so much rain.....let's see, I think I have grown webbed feet and start to waddle any time now.......Hydroplaning is the word here, lots of cars are doing that right now. They just dont know they need to slow down.... 

Pam, as artists we all have an imagenative mind and I for one can just see all this in my mind....rollin on the floor and cryin, laughing so hard....your poor daughter.... 

It looks like I am banned in the house today, because of the weather, can't even grout, it is to humid, not good.....

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6665 on: May 03, 2013, 09:50:26 AM »
Well, I am so bored....I grouted 4 pieces anyway, even though it is way to humid....

played in the mud....yuck.... :o
turned on my dehumidifier (sp) which is build into this fancy AC I have here at the condo....we will see.... :-\

I am just getting antsy when I cannot do anything at all because of the weather....heck I will even venture out later and will see if I can find a good Wind Breaker Jacket... :o ;) :laugh:

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: May 03, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
The sun is shining, I just got off work, so time to change my clothes and we will put the top back on my trailer, getting ready for the next craft show on the 11th , so lots more moving of inventory this week-end.
Pam, as a by-stander your story was hilarious, hope-fully your daughter will be able to look back and laugh too. (My son does about the time he was showing a pig in 4-H and ended up with a wet pant-leg while doing the final brushing just before the show-ring) :laugh:

With the humidity, can you stat cutting pieces for your next project and let the grouting wait? I usually have too many projects going so there's always a step that can be done on something ;)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: May 03, 2013, 01:50:49 PM »
 :laugh: Oh Pam! That's just too funny! But I can understand her side of it too. It would kind of scary being attacked by a large bird. Protecting a nest maybe?

Alix, I am so sorry about the ring, solder problem. I can imagine how irritating that is. Maybe it's why I've been shying away from that.

Hope it all turns out alright Monika. humidity and grout don't mix well.

I'm at the store right now. Been fairly quiet but I have seen some people. Even had a few sales! Finally, I sold one of the eyeglass chain things I have here.  :)

Sunworx

« Reply #6668 on: May 03, 2013, 02:58:52 PM »
A nest building hawk. ;D   It probably has lifted off wigs before and likes building it's nest with them.   ???

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: May 03, 2013, 03:52:27 PM »
Well, finally getting better.  Been a tough tough road these past couple of weeks.

I got some new cards listed finally and did a quick update on my blog.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to promote everyone like they have been doing for everyone else.  I'll hopefully get some things done soon.  Lots to catch up on.

I NEED to get to the craft store and get more paper.  Hopefully I'll be able to drive the hour drive soon.  I don't like having to order paper online...I'm a touchy feely paper kind of person..and picky to boot!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6670 on: May 03, 2013, 03:54:01 PM »
A nest building hawk. ;D   It probably has lifted off wigs before and likes building it's nest with them.   ???

Good thought..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6671 on: May 03, 2013, 03:59:13 PM »
Well, the 4 items I grouted are dry to the touch and I think it will be OK....tomorrow I will pretty them up....

Got out today in this mess to shop for a Wind Breaker.... ;D ;D ;D ;D  wrong time to shop for that item, since we having this kinda weather where everyone needs one...LOL...
Well, for tomorrow our outing to the Cummer Museum and Gardens in this weather I just have to wear my leather jacket, didnt wont to, but that will be it.....

Rain  Chance 200%  :o   tomorrow too, and wind gusts up to 50.....  :laugh:

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6672 on: May 03, 2013, 06:51:28 PM »
Could not wait, all done and listed, will seal tomorrow....

The Cup Cake Stand is done seperately, so it can be used as single Cake plates, they will like that feature, I hope....(smile)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: May 03, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
Made it through another week. Yeah me!  :P

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: May 03, 2013, 08:47:15 PM »
Good for you Andrew, you been a busy man lately.

Monika, those are gorgeous.  Surprising the grout did so well in this humidity.  I know the rain is beginning to get on my nerves, oh, no maybe it is Jaeden being indoors too much.  :laugh:

Yes Leia is now laughing about it as she can now look back and picture herself and what she probably looked like. 

Right Sunworx, that is what I asked her. Did she see a nest, around her though they don't usually build them in such places because there are so many people around all the time and the traffic is really sort of busy as it is our City Center as well as the Library right there.  Plus that particular tree is not as tall as the ones they usually use, however, some hawks have had to find new homes due to some bad storms since last nesting season and their trees did not survive them.  It is entirely possible that the nest was just really close. 

Yes my daughter does have a lot of hair and it glints red in the sunlight, her boss looked at her and said, her bun could have been mistaken for a squirrel.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

she is fine and all is well, I am still laughing but she is okay. she had to go back there today but she took an umbrella to hold over her head even though it was not raining at the time.

More rain tomorrow, supposed to do this all weekend.  Enough all ready