Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1530591 times)

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #6645 on: April 30, 2013, 11:35:31 AM »
The space was all nice and tidy when I took the photo, then I sat down to work, it doesn't look like that any more.  Darrell thinks I should change the name of the business to "Destruction Productions", which is rather cute.  In order to create something you must destroy something else.  Today's project is a small wood-burned sign that will read "Destruction Productions Studio" and then I will hang it above the workbench for fun.

Teresa I am sorry that things seemed so lack luster, perhaps a better or more profitable space will be available soon.  Congratulations on making some sales at the Street Fair.

This week I am in hope of re-working the website, I did it for free by myself.  Got a quote via the Host site for $600.00 to re-do it. I laughed so hard I think I hurt the man's feelings.  $600.00 to fiddle around with something I did for free?  I don't think so.  Outrageous.

Here is to sales and a prosperous Month of May for all. Mother's Day is coming up so hopefully some of us will see some gift purchases.  Have a grand day.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6647 on: April 30, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »
yea Monika!!!! you win....nothing but my love.  ;D

YAY.....thats good enough....I just know my music, dont I ..... ;) ;D ;D

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: April 30, 2013, 12:10:56 PM »
Rather dreary here today. I had a meeting this morning for the Hometown Holiday Committee that I'm on. This doesn't take place until Nov., but we are working really hard to switch it up, make it more fun for everyone. Last year was not good-we had to get together a committee at the last minute. Disorganized puts it mildly.

Checked out a couple more potential spaces to move the store. One is way too expensive, the other a bit more than I pay now, but very small. I don't think they are going to work. Maybe I am suppposed to stay where I am. This is 5 places I've checked out lately and nothing.

I had hopes of sewing today, but am having a hard time focusing. Maybe I'll play with some wire instead. :)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6649 on: April 30, 2013, 01:53:42 PM »
Matt, how are the butterflies.....thinking of you tomorrow and best wishes.... :D

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: May 01, 2013, 03:08:27 AM »
Let those butterflies go Matt, enjoy your day, make many memories of this day and posts photos, we would love to see

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6651 on: May 01, 2013, 04:46:19 AM »
Morning everyone...."bone cracker" today and playing with china mosaic tiles....LOL

Have a great day.... ;) ;D

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #6652 on: May 01, 2013, 08:30:10 AM »
Good Morning,

I wanted to say Best and Warmest Wishes for your Ceremony today, Matt.

After yesterday's ring fiasco, I don't think I wanna do this anymore.  Paste Solder DOES NOT WORK and it melts in the pickle!  It is the worst stuff ever.  Not only did it re-soften in the pickle, it took the wire solder with it, creating this nasty pool of hardened solder at the seam, not only that, but it didn't hold the seam either, it all slid to one side.  YUCKY.  I get to do it again.  96/4 solder wire here I come.  I should have never abandoned you, I am so sorry!  So not happy almost $100.00 of material toasted.  I am just having a week of poor quality crafting, I tells ya.

Think I'm gonna go hide in the Fox Hole for a while...

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #6653 on: May 01, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »
Good Morning,

After yesterday's ring fiasco, I don't think I wanna do this anymore.  Paste Solder DOES NOT WORK and it melts in the pickle!  It is the worst stuff ever.  Not only did it re-soften in the pickle, it took the wire solder with it, creating this nasty pool of hardened solder at the seam, not only that, but it didn't hold the seam either, it all slid to one side.  YUCKY.  I get to do it again.  96/4 solder wire here I come.  I should have never abandoned you, I am so sorry!  So not happy almost $100.00 of material toasted.  I am just having a week of poor quality crafting, I tells ya.

don't hide...we all learn from our mistakes...so brush it off and go at it again...(sorry about the wated $ though...that really bites).

Monika...enjoy the cracking today.  :o ;D

Yesterday we took the kids out to eat and then I suckerd, talked into, bugged  hubby offered to take me to A.C,Moore...so after my son's therapy today...I'm going back to my studio!!!  Finish up a beach wall plaque, earrings to match the new bracelet, and put a lining in a cute ruffled purse.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!  see you later.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: May 01, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »
Good Morning,

Don't give up on it yet!  I use paste solder and have not had a problem with it in a pickle or holding.  Maybe the metal wasn't perfectly clean?  That is the only time I've had a problem with it holding.

Same old same old around here...running from one place to another.  Worked most of today at one job and now have a list of to do's for around here plus have some leads on some special orders I need to work on.

On a good note, I am off tomorrow and the sun is supposed to be shining so maybe I can get out for a bit and play in the yard.  We have road construction going on outside the house so we will have to see if it is too noisy and dusty....but I really want to get out and play for a bit!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: May 01, 2013, 01:36:37 PM »
First of the month. I'm at the store closing out last months sales, paying the monthly sales tax, and getting ready to write checks for all who sold stuff. April started so well, but didn't end up that way. Not having those sales for Dogwood really hurt.
New month, and with Mothers Day, I am HOPEFUL that sales for all of us will get a boost. If the weather finally warms up, that would help too. Today it's cool and misty. Last I checked it was about 58 degrees.

Alix, that stinks about the soldering stuff. But, we've all been in similar situations, so there is no reason to hide. We get it.
I'm hoping to add another new item to the shop here today. We'll see how I am when I get home.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: May 01, 2013, 10:03:27 PM »
I had a quiet day, Jaeden and Leia went to a ball game with the homeschoolers and then she had to clean the dojo.  So I had a really quiet house and it was very nice. Nothing accomplished but some serious rejuvenation of spirit. Back to school tomorrow, pray Jaeden will be at least somewhat compliant.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6657 on: May 02, 2013, 05:14:54 AM »
Morning everyone....glad you had a quiet day Pam....

Docs Appointments today and two choir practices, what can I say, it's Thursday, my day for music.....

Have a great day everyone..... :D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6658 on: May 02, 2013, 06:04:22 AM »
Just a lil tidbit of information as I see this all over the net and it is incorrect....

Burgandy is a City in France, Burgundy is the color you wish to describe.....
 ;) :D

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #6659 on: May 02, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »
Oh no, the metal was perfectly clean, this is the ring that was giving me problems the other day as well.  There are several factors as to why this has become the mess it is.  There is no saving it, I tried and tried and tried.  The problem is this is the last project or class before I receive my Paper Certificate.  The instructions call for sheet solder and different materials than the ones I was given.  The paste solder is CRAP "Contenti SS-65", it is soft type and really, really obviously not meant for jewelry of any kind.  I much prefer wire or sheet solder, I have been doing this for years, Blackbird Metalworks is just the "fine jewlery" stuff that I make. But this, this is an absolute fiasco. I don't understand how I am supposed to create the piece when the written instructions call for material that has been substituted with low quality substandard material.  Look at this mess!  I am hiding!  More out of embarrassment than anything else.  I do not produce garbage like this, and certainly would never use the garbage class sent me again.  I am so disappointed.