Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1526130 times)

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #6615 on: April 26, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
Sorry some of you are having health issues.  I am back in NY and, I hope, back in touch.  Matt, congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful celebration of your commitment.  I wish you and your partner many happy years together!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6616 on: April 27, 2013, 05:04:11 AM »
Morning everyone....Happy Saturday...Teresa thinking about you and hope you have lots of sales.....

Today, Pool, mosaic-in - in that order....LOL.....have a great day everyone.... ;D :D

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: April 27, 2013, 09:06:31 AM »
It's a beautiful day and the festival is underway. Hubby sold a pen already! Whoo hoo!
I've had some lookers so far, but it is just a bit after 10:00. Really need this to be a fabulous day for all of us.

Have a great one ! I doubt I'll be back today. Or at least I could hope, right? ;D

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #6618 on: April 27, 2013, 09:07:46 AM »
Thanks for all the well wishes!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6619 on: April 27, 2013, 05:05:06 PM »
SOLD another picture frame.....YAY.....things do happend... ;D

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: April 27, 2013, 06:54:06 PM »
Just got back from a one day craft show (13.5hrs after we left home this morning) whew, loading and unloading is so much fun, upstairs with the use of a very small elevator! my sales were about the same as last year, but husband did a few more sketches and will be having some pictures sent to him to do more :) . Tonight rest and food/ not necessarly in that order :-\

yay on your sales Teresa and Monika. Best wishes Matt.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #6621 on: April 27, 2013, 10:37:10 PM »
Hooray for sales!  I finished the quilt I have been working on, and will deliver it Monday...  so I, too, have a sale!

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: April 27, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »
Been having a great time looking through some old newspapers from my home town that were in my folks house.  They are from 1937.  Fun to see just how inexpensive things were back then and to see what was "important" to people of that time. 

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6623 on: April 28, 2013, 05:12:10 AM »
Beth, I bet thats very interesting..... :D

Sandi, you too, congrats....

Will be practicing my two songs for my friends husbands funeral tomorrow at church today.....and in the after take a leisure ride with boyfriend Glen down A1A and find a place to lunch at the beaches.....
I mosaiced enough, will take a break today.... ;) ;D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6624 on: April 28, 2013, 06:53:38 AM »
Got inspired....

On Eagle's Wings....new highlight....

Share, promote and enjoy.....

https://handmadeartists.com/highlights-details/?id=201304280645298a0b9&uid=20012012144713&index=

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #6625 on: April 28, 2013, 08:11:47 AM »
Good morning,

Congratulations to those that found their fairs and venues profitable, and more orders too boot, that is always a plus.

I spent yesterday cleaning up the studio.  I have a new-to-me workbench.  OK so it's not a real jeweler's bench, but it's mine. It is in the room next to my Office, when I work I sit right there, at that table, in that chair, with all my hammers and other things within reach.

Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to The Alchemists Vessel.  That's it right there, the whole shebang.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #6626 on: April 28, 2013, 08:25:50 AM »
Nice and organized Alix, I find I am much more productive if my work space is clean and organized (unfortunately it isn't often that way)  ^-^

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: April 28, 2013, 12:47:28 PM »
Great space Alix.  I have a lamp like that which I need to be using but unfortunately in our last move, the little doo hickey thingee that presses up against the underside of wherever you are clamping it (that little round thingee) is missing and I can't figure out what to put there to help it clamp to my table without grinding a hole into my table.

oh well.

Monika enjoy your songs and your ride down A1A.  That is such a scenic view all the way down.  I love it and truly don't do it often enough.

Everyone else, have a great Sunday, ours started off ok then Jaeden broke something that is going to cost about a $1000 to replace    uh oh Leia is 'livid' because it was hers and must be replaced or repaired if is even possible.   super glue here we come :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: April 28, 2013, 01:35:57 PM »
Well, Dogwood was busy with people, but not so much with sales. Even when I went up to street level and talked to a couple of other vendors, they did not do all that great. Hubby didn't even make back the booth fee. All I kept seeing was paper plates with funnel cakes. Southerners love their fried foods! I saw very few bags from any stores. We (Hollyhocks) did alright, but it wasn't as good as last year. I am pretty disappointed. I am going to check out a couple of new spots that have become available at street level to possibly move to. The one I checked this week is out of the question. Too many huge red flags with the space. And this info came from the current (and about to be former tenant). It's too bad becuase it is a great space right in the middle of the block. So we'll see what happens.

Monika, I wish you support and strength to get through your friend's funeral. It's always hard even when you know it's for the best.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 04:05:57 PM by trusk4u »

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: April 28, 2013, 05:44:21 PM »
That's too bad, Teresa.  I know  how much this weekend meant to you and your business. Guess you'll have to sell fried food at the door as they pass through into the shop...LOL

Been rainy all day here.  A few tstorms but nothing drastic.

Still have the lightheadedness thing going on.  Makes it hard to get anything done.  But, I plug away and have made several new cards today, so that's a good thing.