Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796533 times)

Offline Malaya

• View Profile
    • Printable bingo cards
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #690 on: January 04, 2012, 02:54:14 AM »

They are Ukranian eggs where you draw a design in wax using this mid-evil device then dip it in color.  Then you draw again and dip again in another color and so on.

Hi...............
What a great sharing. Really that look stunning.
How you make all?
Keep it up.:)
Thanks for sharing creative work.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #691 on: January 05, 2012, 06:27:32 PM »
Had court today, then office.  Trying to get home but traffic is a parking lot.  Only 17" left to go on the scarf!  Then I have to finish a brief... and send resumes.  I'm tired of law.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #692 on: January 16, 2012, 05:35:15 PM »
Sorry to hear you're tired of law, Larissa.  It's a drag to have to get up and go to work every day when you are not loving what you do.

Today (and yesterday), I've been making a doll which is a special order and already sold!  I am so happy with her, that I just had to post a picture.  This is Charlotte!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #693 on: January 16, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »
She's terrific!

Today I got an interview with a firm that wants a part time/per diem attorney, which would be perfect while I re-situate myself in a new career.

And I had an interview this afternoon with a local JCC (Jewish Community Center) to be a drama teacher for 3-5  year olds.  That would be perfect!  It's a part time gig, but a great start.

And I finished designing two alternate logos for my friend's ghost hunting group.

I think I like it better without the NJ behind the ghost, but that's their call.

Over the weekend we went to two first birthday parties - Eric's best friend's son & my cousin's daughter.  Two totally different atmospheres and types of parties, both fun.  Unfortunately, neither did gifts at the party so I didn't get to see if the kiddos liked the books and the stuffies I made (these were the mice, bunny, and penguin).

Tomorrow I'll go into Eric's office with him to help out.  Now I'm just waiting for him to get home.  And I need to do laundry.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #694 on: January 16, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »
Thanks, Larissa!  I agree - the one without NJ behind it is better!  Good luck on your interviews!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 16, 2012, 09:08:27 PM »
iKnit- I love your  new doll!  So wonderful that she's alreadys old!  :)

Larissa I love your drawing!  I'm kind of torn on which one I like better.  It looks great with something behind it, but I don't think NJ is that thing :)

Hope your interviews go well!  Sounds like teaching 3-5 years old would be so fun!

As for me I've been busy doing what I've always been doing!  Knitting, teaching piano and being mama!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #696 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:16 PM »
Larissa I love your drawing!  I'm kind of torn on which one I like better.  It looks great with something behind it, but I don't think NJ is that thing :)

Thanks!  Thing is, it's NJ or nothing.  The point was a location thing, because they're based in south Jersey.  Eh, whatever they choose is pretty nifty.  I'm just happy I was able to do it.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #697 on: January 16, 2012, 10:12:39 PM »
She's terrific!

Today I got an interview with a firm that wants a part time/per diem attorney, which would be perfect while I re-situate myself in a new career.

And I had an interview this afternoon with a local JCC (Jewish Community Center) to be a drama teacher for 3-5  year olds.  That would be perfect!  It's a part time gig, but a great start.

And I finished designing two alternate logos for my friend's ghost hunting group.

I think I like it better without the NJ behind the ghost, but that's their call.

Over the weekend we went to two first birthday parties - Eric's best friend's son & my cousin's daughter.  Two totally different atmospheres and types of parties, both fun.  Unfortunately, neither did gifts at the party so I didn't get to see if the kiddos liked the books and the stuffies I made (these were the mice, bunny, and penguin).

Tomorrow I'll go into Eric's office with him to help out.  Now I'm just waiting for him to get home.  And I need to do laundry.
Good luck with the per diem gig and with the art teaching. 

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #698 on: January 16, 2012, 10:13:56 PM »
Sorry to hear you're tired of law, Larissa.  It's a drag to have to get up and go to work every day when you are not loving what you do.

Today (and yesterday), I've been making a doll which is a special order and already sold!  I am so happy with her, that I just had to post a picture.  This is Charlotte!

Sandi,
She is extremely cute, and great that she is sold!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 16, 2012, 11:14:51 PM »

Thanks!  Thing is, it's NJ or nothing.  The point was a location thing, because they're based in south Jersey.  Eh, whatever they choose is pretty nifty.  I'm just happy I was able to do it.

Got'cha!  :)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 17, 2012, 06:21:07 AM »
Knit, I love the doll!  Darling as always.
Larissa, busy as always I see.  I have trouble keeping up with my schedule but you always seem to be able to  take on one more thing...how?
As for me, same old same old.  Kids sports take up a huge chunk of time as well as working a couple days a week and spending time on the sites and really need to make a new inventory list and start restocking as well as get the tax stuff together.  Gee, none of these things sound like much fun do they?

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #701 on: January 17, 2012, 09:53:15 AM »
Larissa, busy as always I see.  I have trouble keeping up with my schedule but you always seem to be able to  take on one more thing...how?

For one some of the new stuff is now in LIEU of some of the old stuff.  My day job was a lot more than full time, and I'm just really sick of being a lawyer.  So if I can do part time law and part time teaching until it becomes full time teaching, my schedule is actually a lot better.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 17, 2012, 10:32:27 AM »

For one some of the new stuff is now in LIEU of some of the old stuff.  My day job was a lot more than full time, and I'm just really sick of being a lawyer.  So if I can do part time law and part time teaching until it becomes full time teaching, my schedule is actually a lot better.
I always thought it was kind of funny with you being so creative and artistic to pick law for a career.  Hopefully you can rework it all and teach!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 17, 2012, 02:15:54 PM »
Don't lose you law license though Larissa, we may need to put you on retainer one day. You know how these creative people are  :-\ LOL

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #704 on: January 17, 2012, 03:12:20 PM »
Don't worry, I'll keep the license.  ;-)

Kim, surprisingly, maybe, it does tie together.  It feeds into the attention-hound/performance end of things.  And I'm a good writer.  Besides, my interests have always been a little schizo.