Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1708348 times)

Offline tincando

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #6705 on: May 07, 2013, 04:10:43 AM »
i'm just enjoying a cup of coffee to start the day <3

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: May 07, 2013, 04:38:28 AM »
Racing around here as usual wishing for spring weather as I am sick of cold and wet!  Working extra hours and have a few special orders I am working on....a lanyard, a vase, a child's bracelet as well as working on stock so from one job to another with all the kid and house stuff in between.  Not complaining; just running and falling into bed too tired to think at the end of the day.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6707 on: May 07, 2013, 05:36:11 AM »
Oh Lisa, what a day..... :laugh: :laugh: glad you are back all in one piece....

Pam, at least some got done...eh...

Kimberly, you are a busy woman....take a rest every once in a while, let it fall down around you....it will be ok....

Morning everyone, sitting right now on my tense unit for my poor back, it went out and the tense unit is buzzing....LOL....well, not sitting on it, but its running and I am leaning back enjoying it. Hopefully it will help some....back pain can be so dibilitating and totally disabling you.....

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: May 07, 2013, 06:20:49 AM »
Monika, sorry about your back.  I sure know what you're going through.

My body reminded me last night that doing lots of moving of furniture by oneself is not a good plan.  Very sore and landed in bed at 7pm to rest.  So far this morning, I'm ok.

Finally finally getting to go to the craft store today.  I SO need supplies!  I wish the store wasn't an hour away.  It's not a bad drive there, just a long one.  This is why I stock up when I go.  Looking forward to it.  Always love buying paper...I'm easy to please.

Very foggy this morning but it is supposed to finally warm up this week :)

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #6709 on: May 07, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »
oh Lisa what a day!  Hope today is going better!

Monika,   :(  Sorry about the funeral.  Ah I wish I could get a tens unit!

Alix the stone is very nice - yep see the tree and butterfly!

My daughters computer was acting up for a bit, hope to be able to use more often again.

Went up to Denver yesterday to have Kai's eye checked..............doing pretty good after eye surgery on Friday.  So, now my daughter is thinking of moving to Denver and wants me to move there too.      She wants to go to one of the colleges there.  Maybe.....................
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: May 07, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »
Got my much needed supplies finally!  Feels good to be stocked up, if you will. 
Been a productive day and getting out of the house certainly helped!

Hope everyone has a great evening :)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6711 on: May 07, 2013, 08:03:27 PM »
Oh Kris is it it "Tens" unit....well, anywho, they are not cheap and I am glad I have one. Insurance does not cover them, I know....

You all have a good night.... :D

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: May 07, 2013, 08:09:20 PM »
Good night Monika, it's okay you are probably very tense  ??? with a back issue.  I know how those feel. I have a house on a concrete slab and after 10 minutes of standing, I am pretty much done for an hour or so.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #6714 on: May 08, 2013, 12:22:36 AM »
Wow, way too much to catch up on.

To those who've lost weight, congrats!

To those with health issues and family with health issues, I hope all feel better quickly!  And Monika, I'm really sorry about your friend's husband.

Matt, I'm so annoyed I missed the news of your commitment.  Congrats!  I'm so happy for you!  Can't wait for photos.

To those with sales, yay!  That's awesome!

Lisa, I'm sorry it was such a stressful day.  I hate being late.  And I'd be so upset to tear a vintage dress!

To those who've worried about me, sorry.  I didn't mean to worry you; I've been really busy and just not all that inclined to be online.  I've been neglecting facebook & other groups too.  Getting a lot done, and tired a lot, y'know?  My friend's mom's funeral was exactly as good and as bad as funerals tend to be.  I laughed a bit at funny stories, cried a lot at my friend's unhappiness.  She was really close with her mom, and funerals always make me so sad for the ones who're left.

To those who've bought candles & thanked me, you're welcome & thank YOU!  Interestingly, with all my talk of lilac and how it's my favorite... we moved into this place September 1, so we had no idea what was here.  Well, the perennials are popping up as the time rolls around.  First there were daffodils & hyacinths.  Then the scruffy lookin' shrubs all around the property showed themselves to be forsythias, which I love.  And I'd been bugging Eric to go to the NJ Botanical Gardens plant sale this past Sunday because my sister and I once bought a little lilac bush for our mom there for MOther's Day, and it wasn't bad, maybe $25 or so.  Of course, I was dying for a lilac bush, so I kept bugging him and bugging him, lobbying for the trip (an effort, as it was the day after our Kentucky Derby party), and wouldn't you know last week this big bush/tree next to the driveway that's about 12-14' tall and even wider than that suddenly started to bloom.  LILACS!  When I first saw them the other morning before work, I actually danced in the driveway and started to cry.  Yeah, I'm a loon.  Flowers made me cry.  But they're lilacs!  Tons of lilacs!

So like I said, I've been busy.  I finished my very first hat, which is also my very first totally "in the round" project.  It worked well & will be in the shop as soon as I can Oxyclean all the face paint off my face painting practice head to get photos.  It would probably look better on a human, but selling an already-worn hat is kind of ick, no?

I painted at the Tribeca Film Festival again and had a blast, but came home very, very broken.  Eight hours nonstop, and somehow this time I was sitting a little wrong or just far enough away from the kids' chair to really mess up my back something awful.  It took several days to really recover, and I didn't have time to relax & heal.  The bird stories have made me chuckle, since there was a crazy pigeon at Tribeca that wouldn't get off this family's stroller.  Eric got some photos.

I've also been working my tail off at the day job, but also enjoying my ability to take vacation days even when I'm nt going on vacation.  I took Friday off to prep for Saturday's Kentucky Derby party.  Eric took off too, and prepped pork & chicken for the smoker while I baked all day:  pecan pie, Kentucky Derby pie, chocolate cupcakes with red rose buttercream frosting (Bouchon Bakery's buttercream recipe is FABULOUS!), and mint julep cupcakes.  Whoa.  And I made a mint tea punch for those who didn't want beer or liquor (or water or soda) that was also a hit.  Technically, I guess the party lasted 8 hours, from 3-11 p.m., though I got home at 4 from 2 hours of glitter tats at a communion.  It was a definite success.  And two guests - one friend & my sister-in-law - stayed overnight.  Eric's sister lives in Queens & trying to make the train back would have been a pain.  And my other friend didn't seem to be in a condition to drive, so I convinced him to stay.

Sunday was terrific.  We got up pretty early with our guests, and had scrambled eggs & bacon for breakfast.  The friend left, and Eric, Missy (the SIL), and I sat in the backyard hanging out for a few hours.  I have to say, I love having bats around.  All that sitting outside for all those hours, and only two mosquito bites!  At the old place, I'd have been absolutely devoured.  Sitting outside on Sunday, we watched hawks circling overhead.  Eric commented that Meg, at 26 lbs, is probably too big for them, but the hair-stealing story makes me more nervous about that.

Going back to work yesterday was tough after such a great weekend.  We're also short another secretary, since one got fired last Friday (April 26), so it was even harder.  That sucked.  Apparently she was already on probation & screwed up hugely.  So I feel really bad for her; apparently she's taking it really hard and is kind of a mess, plus it's really hard on the 3 of us left, supporting 8 attorneys.  That's not nearly enough staff, not even enough just to answer phones that are constantly ringing.  I've heard a rumor that someone new will be starting on Monday.  Man, I hope so.

But all I know is I'm totally taking off the Friday before the next party too.

Oh, I've got proof that the economy must be picking up a bit.  After a really, really slow winter, I've suddenly started getting a ton of calls for face painting.  And several of those gigs want balloons too!  So I've put Eric to work; he's twisting at two gigs with me this Saturday while I'm face painting.  And he's kind of getting into it; last night he ordered several hundred new balloons to stock up!

So that's what's been happening here.  Now I'll be back, I promise.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: May 08, 2013, 01:29:50 AM »
Oh gee Larissa, I had been concerned as to what was happening with you, however, reading this just made me really really tired.  But

all good stuff for you and Eric, great party, great face painting and balloon gigs, lovely photo of the pigeon.  I am hoping that people will begin to open up on all fronts.

Good to see you back though.  Get some rest girl.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6716 on: May 08, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »
Good night Monika, it's okay you are probably very tense  ??? with a back issue.  I know how those feel. I have a house on a concrete slab and after 10 minutes of standing, I am pretty much done for an hour or so.

:laugh: :laugh: you are too sweet, Pam.....but right, concrete floors do you in....

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6717 on: May 08, 2013, 04:55:18 AM »
Larissa, missed you too...just got tired fro reading all this.... :laugh: :laugh:
Glad you had fun though and made mulah...

Good Morning everyone.....I dont even kno wwhats on my calendar today, I know I am hitting the Gym, other than that I would need to get up and look. I cant right now, Alex is settled down comfy between my legs and wont let me move..... :laugh: :laugh:

Spoiled brat he is.... ;D

Have a great day all.....

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #6718 on: May 08, 2013, 07:06:57 AM »
Halloo!  Running late for work, which sucks when it's pouring rain outside.  But at least now I should survive the trip, since Eric put new brakes on my car last night.  I was driving with nothing but rotors - not an exaggeration.  It was bad.

Typical day today.  My only lament is that we forgot to put out the recycling last night & with the party, we're full up of bottles.  Now they'll have to wait 2 weeks.  Yikes!

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #6719 on: May 08, 2013, 08:30:01 AM »
Good Morning,

Larissa, it is good to see you here again, happy and well, if not a little tired.  Your property sounds just beautiful.

This morning I am on pins and needles waiting for news of the building.  I am in hope that move in will begin in the next week or so.

My computer is on it's last legs.  Rainbow Wheel of Doom appears constantly now, and there is no more upgrading or fiddling around with this thing any more.  Poor almost obsolete iMac.

My cell phone bit the dust yesterday as well.  The screen did one of those Fade To Black down to a little white dot (like the old TVs used to , see I'm old) and just went ffffzzzttttt.  It no longer works so I am  off to replace that this morning as well.

Other than that, I got nothin'.  ;)