Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1604669 times)

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #6690 on: May 05, 2013, 04:36:42 PM »
today is comfortably in the 70's with a nice breeze. I have 4 batches of roving dyed and drying on the line, worked on business cards, cut some silk gauze(used in nuno felting) and my son started packing the trailer, all in preparation for the Michigan Fiber Fiesta in Greenville on Saturday (May 11th) Busy with appointments tomorrow and work the rest of the week And lots more to get ready....making to-do lists :o

I agree, when temps in the 80's I wilt!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #6691 on: May 05, 2013, 04:50:09 PM »
I melt, too, when it gets much above 80 or 85, so in the summer here, I hide as much as possible!  I'm working on a doll today (her name is Ilsa.  She has blonde, curly hair!

It's a good day to be in my room, playing with dolls.  It's not really cold out.. maybe 60ish...  but the wind is just HOWLING!

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #6692 on: May 05, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »
DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE FORUM TOMORROW.  NEW BLOG RING, FB AND TWITTER RINGS WITH A TWIST.

It's started....go and check out the new twist...and sign up to help spread the love.  :-*

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6693 on: May 06, 2013, 05:45:45 AM »
Morning everyone....

have to attend a funeral Service today....to many lately....

Will grout the rest of the custom orders....and may get some sun....Thank you dear God the rain is finished....

Have a fab day y'all...... :D

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: May 06, 2013, 05:59:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone!

Monika...sorry about having to go to another funeral.

I got a lot done yesterday!  Got my house dusted, vacuumed and rearranged three rooms.  Redid my craft room again and I am pleased with it now. 

Another rainy day ahead and then some dry warmer weather for the rest of the week.

I met one of my neighbors and had lunch with them the other day.  What a nice day that was.  The people were very welcoming and nice.  Heck, I was telling them about my leaky roof in the bathroom and they're going to come over and fix it!  Then, off the cuff, I mentioned I would like a new porch built and they're going to do that!  All I have to do is buy the lumber.  A win win for me :)

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #6695 on: May 06, 2013, 06:34:46 AM »
Monika...I'm sorry  :(  but you have hope that you'll see them again.  ;)
Beth...I'm glad you found such wonderful neighbors...to many people today don't want to get involved with others, but we as humans were made to interact.  This thread is proof of that!  ;D

cold and rainy here.....not much planned, but studio time with a lot of projects I started but never finished.... :P   :)

don't forget to sign up for the rings...the more the merrier (and the better).
Debbi

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #6697 on: May 06, 2013, 10:05:14 AM »
Good Morning every one,

Just popped in super quick, because I am super busy.

I wanted to show off the beautiful stone John Rasmussen cut and processed for the custom ring order.  I see a tree and a butterfly, but then again I have an over active imagination.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #6698 on: May 06, 2013, 10:40:43 AM »
Good Morning every one,

Just popped in super quick, because I am super busy.

I wanted to show off the beautiful stone John Rasmussen cut and processed for the custom ring order.  I see a tree and a butterfly, but then again I have an over active imagination.

Beautiful!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6699 on: May 06, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »

Monika...sorry about having to go to another funeral.

Debbi and Beth, I KNOW I will.....(smile) see them again....

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6700 on: May 06, 2013, 01:02:56 PM »
Alix, that stone is beautimus.... :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:28:53 PM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #6701 on: May 06, 2013, 02:28:13 PM »
Today I get the dubious pleasure of crawling under the house to fix a plumbing problem.

I received from my brother in law a large collection of rough stone and gems, including fabulous turquoise, rutilated quartz, tigereye, opal, etc. etc. I am in rock heaven  ^-^

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #6702 on: May 06, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »
I have been so busy with my job I have hardly had time for anything els. I am trying to catch up on my forum reading. Glade to see everyone is doing fine.

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #6703 on: May 06, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
Hi all, back in NY but I've been busy the past week - my brother-in-law's 60th birthday followed by my cousin's wedding and following day brunch followed by another cousin's baby shower.  My wedding tribulations, couldn't find something I wanted to wear, finally settled on something, I was getting dressed and the belt broke, plan b - I put on the alternate dress which had a slip I had to cut down - cut the slip crooked, scrambled again.
Found another slip, put on the vintage dress and some stitching opened,
sewed the dress, ran for a taxi, accident on the Brooklyn Bridge, traffic backed up for blocks on end.  I was running late by then so I arrived what turned out to be 4 blocks from the place.  I took off my 3 inch heels, ran to the place.  Stepped in the hem of the dress on the stairs, tore a hole (luckily it didn't fall off or anything)....
The wedding was lovely.  The saga went on through the next day of a cloud over my head but space is short. 
Happy to be back here sharing :)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: May 07, 2013, 01:21:46 AM »
Alix that stone is beautiful and I know that the ring will be stupendous.  I can see the tree, a little cloudy on the butterfly though.

Beth, glad you found good neighbors, it makes a difference in your comfort zone.

Monika, sorry about the funeral but look at it as a celebration of life and going home if you can. Sometimes it is hard to do.

Had a semi ok day with Jaeden this morning for a Monday, finally had it up to eyeballs with the disarray in my home and gave a strict order before going to spend the evening  friend.  My house was to be spotless when I got home.  Well they sort of complied.  My bathroom is semi clean, still cluttered since they have decided to use my bath exclusively, Duh, what's up with that?  Mop left in my spa tub, living room fairly decluttered, Jaeden's desk is now again usable for its intended purpose,  I made the baked beans before I left, and surprise, surprise, they had dinner and left me the dishes.  What a crock.  So I tossed them in the garbage.  She will learn.  So much better, but still not good enough.  Will continue to work on that Tuesday. 

A lot of retraining going on here and some initial training for Jaeden. Got my work cut out for me for a week or two but then, oh then, clean house, declutterd house and the packing can begin.  Our house is going on the auction block Aug. 1.

See ya later this morning.