Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1659574 times)

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #6600 on: April 25, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »
Monika  ;D  yeah for sales

Alix  :'(  sorry your not feeling good.

Theresa...do you have a link for the Dogwood Festival? I need a fun thing to do this weekend, and I've been wanting to come see you for ages...but I don't know how to get there.   ;)

Debbi

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: April 25, 2013, 10:01:11 AM »
Debbi, just get yourself to Interstate 85 and head north toward Virginia.  After you go through Greensboro, you should be about 30-45 minutes to go, depending on how heavy your foot is. :laugh:.  Mebane is just off I-85, you will get off and go left unless the exit ramp circles you around and I don't remember from that direction, but it is really not hard to find.  Once off of I-85, you can't miss it, they usually have lots of signs and stuff up.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: April 25, 2013, 10:03:32 AM »
Sorry, forgot to say GOOD MORNING.  School, then library and to the WinnDixie store for the rest of my monthly groceries. Back to create my monthly menu and then oooh some rest and beading i think.

Enjoy the festival when it starts Teresa, Monika, enjoy the gym, and me, I think I might actually get my walk today.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: April 25, 2013, 12:15:15 PM »
Debbi, you can go here for directions thought the ones provided by Pam are good.
http://www.downtownmebane.com/id4.html

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6604 on: April 26, 2013, 05:35:38 AM »
Good Morning everyone, its Friday....yay......

and a beautimus day to boot, at least here....LOL....

Debbi, travel mercies to you and have fun.... ;D

nothing much going on here, but mosaicing and enjoying the weather... :P

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: April 26, 2013, 07:59:53 AM »
Dogwood Festival starts today. They started setting up the carnival rides yesterday. Streets will be blocked off later today so vendors tents can be set up, the stages for the various entertainments, etc. Looks like the weather will stay nice. No rain until Sunday. I am looking forward to being busy!!

Have a great day all and a great weekend as well. Not sure when I'll get back here.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #6606 on: April 26, 2013, 08:37:23 AM »
Good luck Theresa!
I am madly preparing for my commitment ceremony on May 1st, so not much jewelry being finished. Cleaning the whole house and yard for the reception.... getting nervous (lots of butterflies in the stomach)...

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #6607 on: April 26, 2013, 08:49:45 AM »
Good luck Theresa!
I am madly preparing for my commitment ceremony on May 1st, so not much jewelry being finished. Cleaning the whole house and yard for the reception.... getting nervous (lots of butterflies in the stomach)...

Congratualtions and Bright Blessings to you.  A little Beltane, Walpurgishnacht, May Poles, Bonfires and dancing! How wonderful that you choose such a day for such a ceremony.  May is a good month for renewal and / or beginnings.

I am trying desperately to make this silly ring shank and my solder REFUSES to stick and I have cleaned and pickled the life out of the metal. 

Ever had one of those days when you just want your Mom?  :'(

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: April 26, 2013, 09:18:59 AM »
Dogwood Festival starts today. They started setting up the carnival rides yesterday. Streets will be blocked off later today so vendors tents can be set up, the stages for the various entertainments, etc. Looks like the weather will stay nice. No rain until Sunday. I am looking forward to being busy!!

Have a great day all and a great weekend as well. Not sure when I'll get back here.

So glad you're supposed to have good weather!  Hope you sell lots and lots :)  Sounds so wonderful.  Wish we had something like that around here.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6609 on: April 26, 2013, 09:39:59 AM »

Teresa, prosper...make lots of mulah..... ;D ;D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6610 on: April 26, 2013, 09:42:17 AM »
Good luck Theresa!

Matt, the best to you and your partner....did you remember to look at Sunworx Lanterns. I own two, they are just beautimus... ;) :D
Butterflies, hmmm.....just tell them to fly in formation and all will be better.... :D :D :D

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: April 26, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »
Congratulations to you Matt, and just tell those butterflies to get in line. :laugh:

Teresa, I hope that you have a wonderful festival and that your shop has an outstanding weekend.  I miss being able to go to the festivals up there.  They can be pretty awesome.

Me. Woke up this morning not able to see clearly, something scratched one of my eyes during my sleep, How does that happen?  so moving a bit slowly today, but lots to do, cleaning up the garage just a tad, digging out the lawn mower. by then hopefully my eye will not be so swollen and watery so I can see to get a couple orders finished.

Lots of love and luck to everyone. 

Alix, yes have those days all the time, put it away for a bit and come back to it, maybe that will help. You will get it, of that I am sure.

Have a great day everyone.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #6612 on: April 26, 2013, 01:05:46 PM »
So exciting, Matt!  Congratulations to you!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: April 26, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »
Thank you all for the well wishes! Quiet so far, but tomorrow will be crazy!

Matt, When is the big day again? I know it is quite soon. I wish you guys all the best! Share pictures! :-*

Monika, from your mouth to the buying public's wallets!

Alix, I'm sure we all have times like that. I know I do. My Mom has been gone for 9 years now. I sure miss her and my Dad. He's been gone 15 years.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6614 on: April 26, 2013, 04:57:18 PM »
Well, I had a fun trip planned to Palm Coast visiting old friends, do lunch.... ;D

Guess what I ended up doing, 3 loads of laundry, folding, ironing, cleaning bathrooms, mosaicing another bread box, finishing mosaicing the Cake Dome and I am pooped!
 :o  :-\
Where is the maid when you need her, why does she always take the day off when things are piling up....  :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So for today, I am quitting and will have a nice eve.... ^-^