Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796882 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #660 on: November 12, 2011, 08:06:40 PM »
Thanks, Lisa!

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #661 on: November 12, 2011, 08:14:40 PM »
Awww... So Cute!  WTG!

Cari... ;o)
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #662 on: November 12, 2011, 08:43:48 PM »
Thanks, Cari!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 12, 2011, 09:28:48 PM »
Sandi I love your new doll!   :D

I've still had zero sales.  But something to brighten my spirits was that a friend asked for 2 knit ornaments (commissioned!)

And the Humane Society asked if I could make a few doggy sweaters because the smaller pups are chilly.  And I received a request in the mail from the Humane Society to donate some thing(s) for their auction in March.  So I think for the time being I'll be busying myself with the donating knitting  :D

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #664 on: November 12, 2011, 09:34:43 PM »

I've still had zero sales.  But something to brighten my spirits was that a friend asked for 2 knit ornaments (commissioned!)

And the Humane Society asked if I could make a few doggy sweaters because the smaller pups are chilly.  And I received a request in the mail from the Humane Society to donate some thing(s) for their auction in March.  So I think for the time being I'll be busying myself with the donating knitting  :D

Thank so much!  I love your knit ornaments!  And the 'donated' knitting to the humane shelter is terrific advertising! 

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #665 on: November 13, 2011, 01:32:48 AM »
Oh my Tooooo Cute! 
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #666 on: November 13, 2011, 08:00:37 AM »

I love the knitted things in the pictures.  I haven't had any sales either.  I know it will happen soon for us both.  Very nice about the puppy sweaters.
I don't see any dog sweaters in your shop.  I have noticed that even when the economy is bad, people spend money on their pets and I am amazed at how expensive pet things are.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 13, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »
Thanks!  I've been using patterns from Ravelry for the dog sweaters I've made in the past so I couldn't sell them.  But for their auction in March I think I'm going to make socks and those will have my card and whatnot for the shop!  Last year when I donated items for silent auctions I wasn't sure if it would be tacky to add my shop info on it, but this year they even said in their request to add it in :D

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 13, 2011, 03:04:42 PM »
Beth is adorable!
I love the ornaments-too cute!
I think it's great about the donated knitted stuff.

As for people spending on their pets-I thought that too. I have dog collars that I got wholesale from a girl in  Durham last year. Haven't sold even 1. I had bought some from her before I opened this shop (she had an Etsy shop) for my dogs, and they are really well made and fun! So, when I opened here, I thought it might be nice to try some. Glad I didn't buy more. :(

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #669 on: November 13, 2011, 03:26:25 PM »
Perhaps it's different regionally with dog stuff.  In NYC and Miami, FL, there are shops selling nothing but dog clothing and thriving.  In my NY neighborhood, there are 5 pet supply shops within 5 blocks.  They sell food and all, but also huge amounts of expensive toys, accessories and clothes.  It is crazy.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 13, 2011, 05:46:12 PM »
I love my dog and all but the most expensive thing I've bought for him is his kennel  ;D  And with the way he goes through dog toys, an expensive one is out of the question  ;)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #671 on: November 13, 2011, 06:23:24 PM »
Meg used to devour toys, even the ones that claimed to be for "tough chewers."  Now she'd older and less interested in shredding them.

Yesterday I worked & then Eric and I went to a friend's birthday party at a winery.

Today we cleared out some space in our office/craft room.  I did some laundry.  We made some new candles, for which we're using a new (to us) technique... with some help from Catimus.

I worked up a design for Foxy Loxy, since our director might want me to face paint just her for the show.  He wanted something to evoke "fox," but not too overdone.  Plus, it has to be bold to read from the stage and she's going to have ears on her hoodie.

And in half an hour I leave for rehearsal.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #672 on: November 13, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »
Cool fox, Larissa
I've been busy getting ready for my craft sale/party at my friends house...

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #673 on: November 14, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
Very cool fox, Larissa!  And I love the name "catimus" for your helper!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #674 on: November 14, 2011, 11:45:03 PM »
Thanks, guys!  The director thought it was a bit much, since she's the only character in the show that may be face painted, so I redid it this way.

He hasn't told me what he thinks yet.

Meanwhile, today I had 3 court appearances and more rehearsal.

Tonight I came home to this awesome stack of fat quarters I won from a blog contest.

I've got some serious plans for it, a skirt I want to try and a table runner for our dining room table... and then see what's left & make some more!

And then I sewed a couple more bean bags for numbered bean bag sets I'm making for the nephews.  Now I'm in bed, gonna study my script, and watching Golden Girls.