Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1800615 times)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #450 on: July 30, 2011, 03:43:45 PM »
1. Awesome sock! Love the pattern!
2. Kim, you make me tired just reading about what you're doing! Hope the show goes super well-lopads of sales!
3. Matt, happy house painting! It's wat to hot and humid to paint here right now. I need to paint the frame on my back door sign at the store. It looks awful-all peeling and everything. Hubby is making me another sign and a bench for out back.
4. Almost done for the day and the month. Not the best month but it could be way worse I guess. My FB ad seems to be helping me get exposure for the store. I may run another one closer to Christmas.
Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!  ;D

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 30, 2011, 05:36:57 PM »
So tired I can't even see straight!  90+ all day but great traffic at the show and people were willing to fork over the credit card without complaining or trying to talk us down so I'll call it a good show.

Now...sit and NOT think about all the pieces I have to replace before the next one!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #452 on: July 30, 2011, 09:59:55 PM »
Our show was hot and muggy too, and there was not a lot of foot traffic.  Amazingly in this hot, sticky weather, the best seller was ladies knit headbands!  You just never know...  this was our first time doing this particular show and we probably won't do this one again.  But we had a good time and came home ahead, so I'm NOT complaining!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #453 on: August 01, 2011, 10:41:26 AM »
I am getting my stuff ready for the show this friday thru sunday I will be demonstrating for those days... I also hope to sell some of my jewelry, last year i didn't sell much (but it's our rock clubs biggest fundraiser) I am gathering up some of my rock for the silent auction

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #454 on: August 01, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »
Gina, I love the buy one sock/get one free listing idea!  And that’s a great sock pattern!

Kim, get that hula hoop trick on video!  I wanna see!

Sandi, please don’t give the dog grapes.  It can cause kidney failure!  There’s something in the skin that’s a poison & causes renal failure in dogs.  Same with onions.  Sorry, my sis is a vet and I’m nuts about this stuff.  http://www.vetinfo.com/dtoxin.html#b

Matt, I love that you’re a car mechanic AND a jewelry maker.

As for me, my birthday was Thursday so Eric took me out for a nice dinner.  It was the only good part of the day; work sucked.  He also gave me my birthday gifts, and is an awesome gift buyer.  Look!

(leatherbound edition of the whole trilogy!)

(fondant ribbon cutter)

(Brookstone back massager - woohoo!)

Saturday was my “birthday party,” and some friends went with us to the Intrepid museum, then we wandered Times Square a bit and got a late lunch/early dinner at a Scottish pub.  After that, E & I went home with our friend Kerry and watched the worst B horror we could find on our Netflix instant queue.

Yesterday, E & I were supposed to take an “us” day and go away, maybe Mystic, maybe New Hope… but I ended up having to write a brief, so I did that instead.  I’m home today, feeling crappy, and emailed in the brief & certification for the secretary to print up & put together for filing in court tomorrow.

Today I’m working on another brief that’s due Friday and I’ve started knitting squares for the afghan I want to do for my nephew.  I can do a stockinette stitch and read the file at the same time!  Is that talent or what?

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #455 on: August 01, 2011, 12:17:15 PM »
Thanks for the info on grapes, Larissa!  Rosie won't get any more of those!

I'm at work today and it's really quiet - I think I am the only one on the fourth floor of this building!!!!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 01, 2011, 01:25:45 PM »
Happy (belated?) birthday Larissa!  Looks like you got some great gifts!  :D

And thanks for all the compliments on my socks!  I just posted pics of them and listed them on my shop!

Yesterday we got back from camping and it was a great weekend!  Here are some pics:

And my camping cupcakes

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #457 on: August 01, 2011, 01:45:20 PM »
Now I'm dying for a cupcake.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #458 on: August 01, 2011, 02:15:12 PM »
Great pix, Gina!  And LOVE the socks!  Shared!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 01, 2011, 02:49:05 PM »
Happy Birthday Larissa, and you are right, E is a great gift picker!
Love the camping photos, but then I am such a sucker for camping.
Took a ton of pictures of the stuff I made for the show and am now editing them all so i can take the rest and be caught up there.  Painting an invitation that must be done today and getting the house put together because my niece is coming up this weekend.  What I really want, though, is a nap!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 01, 2011, 02:59:14 PM »
Great pix, Gina!  And LOVE the socks!  Shared!

Thanks so much!  :)

I just finished Kara's skirt (man I'm on a roll!) and I'm debating on whether or not I can squeeze in a nap on the couch before she wakes up, maybe start on another pair of socks, or just blob here :)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 01, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »
Grapes and raisins are big no-nos for dogs.
Great gifts-my husband would love that Trilogy! I see some more fancy akes in your future too!
I think I want a camping cupcake! ;D
ANd maybe those socks! ;D

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 01, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »
thanks!  do I sense overnighting cupcakes in my future?  :D

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #463 on: August 02, 2011, 10:45:27 PM »
Larissa, Happy
Belated Birthday!

Kimberly - You're always making me tired!  Congrats on the sales.

Matt - hope you have a good show!

Gina - I love those cupcakes & the socks!

Finally got the internet turned back on at my daughters! YAY! 
There is a "farmers market" at 4 different places around Colorado Springs run by one guy, booth fee is 10% of your sales!  I'm getting some things ready to take downtown this coming Monday and see how it goes.  We wandered around there yesterday, lots of people around,  most were buying at least a little something besides veggies.   I'll probably only go to the one on Mondays downtown, maybe try the Sat one next week.   
Have to "fight" for time on the computer with my grandson & daughter! lo 
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 04, 2011, 01:59:26 PM »
Been working a lot both at work and at home and getting ready for my niece's visit this weekend!  Really excited to see her since she is all gown up now and hasn't been here is quite a few years.
Also, landed my biggest order to date...160 painted champagne glasses at a really nice price.  After months and a couple of sample glasses I finally got the deposit and ordered the glasses.  Now, I just need to paint a LOT of white roses!