Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796908 times)

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2011, 08:05:19 PM »
I can't imagine face painting in that kind of heat either!

We camped with two of our sons, their girlfriends, and a couple of kids Saturday and Sunday - it was great fun even though the fishing wasn't really wonderful.  Today is a state holiday in Utah, so I'm not at work - hooray!  I spent some time working on my quilt and put a new post up about it on my blog.  If you have a moment, I would appreciate some feedback...  it may not be worth doing.

I just caught up with your anatomy posts and they are great!  It's really neat watching how it started with a drawing, some fabric and is becoming this gorgeous piece of art!  :D

I am going to knit one more repeat of lace and then do the ribbing to complete my first sock for sale!  Then sometime later this week (or even next depending on if I have time!) I will start #2 so I can sell a pair instead of one  ;D

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2011, 09:40:08 PM »
One sock!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #437 on: July 25, 2011, 10:05:05 PM »
I can't imagine face painting in that kind of heat either!

We camped with two of our sons, their girlfriends, and a couple of kids Saturday and Sunday - it was great fun even though the fishing wasn't really wonderful.  Today is a state holiday in Utah, so I'm not at work - hooray!  I spent some time working on my quilt and put a new post up about it on my blog.  If you have a moment, I would appreciate some feedback...  it may not be worth doing.

I just caught up with your anatomy posts and they are great!  It's really neat watching how it started with a drawing, some fabric and is becoming this gorgeous piece of art!  :D

I am going to knit one more repeat of lace and then do the ribbing to complete my first sock for sale!  Then sometime later this week (or even next depending on if I have time!) I will start #2 so I can sell a pair instead of one  ;D

You could list one sock for sale...  have a buy one get one free deal!  Then create a reserve listing for the other sock for the buyer!  And thank you SO MUCH for reading my blog...  I do REALLY appreciate it!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 25, 2011, 10:54:42 PM »
lol you are too funny!  :D  And you're very welcome!  I've been a little shady on reading my blogs lately  :-[  I  know it always makes me sad when you go several posts w/no comments and you're like 'what the heck?'  I used to listen a podcast where once and I think only once she came right out and said "If you people don't start leaving some sort of feedback, I see no reason to continue".  She didn't say it to be selfish, but I can see why putting so many hours into something and getting nada back can be frustrating!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2011, 07:14:55 PM »
Love the one sock...goes with our one vegatable in the other thread! 

As for me, I am getting buried alive around here.  I am working extra days to help a friend this week and trying to get ready for a show on Saturday that I've never done so I am not sure what work to focus on.  Painting a couple of invitations and still making time for the kids to get to the pool and beach...man am I tired!

While I am running around like a chicken...my youngest son decided to teach my Newfoundland to jump through a hoola-hoop!  Really funny to watch her try to get her big but through the hoop, but she will do most anything for carrots.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2011, 07:28:21 PM »
Love the one sock...goes with our one vegatable in the other thread! 

As for me, I am getting buried alive around here.  I am working extra days to help a friend this week and trying to get ready for a show on Saturday that I've never done so I am not sure what work to focus on.  Painting a couple of invitations and still making time for the kids to get to the pool and beach...man am I tired!

While I am running around like a chicken...my youngest son decided to teach my Newfoundland to jump through a hoola-hoop!  Really funny to watch her try to get her big but through the hoop, but she will do most anything for carrots.
Scratching and clawing to keep up as well!!!!!!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #441 on: July 26, 2011, 07:30:22 PM »
I'm crazy busy too!  I have a two-day show this weekend that I've never done before - so I'm in the same boat!

I love that the dog will do anything for carrots...  our dog will do the same, but she needs grapes!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 26, 2011, 11:01:09 PM »
lol that's so funny about jumping through hula hoops!  :)

Tonight I put the finishing touches on our Camping Olympic tees, I will have to take and post pics tomorrow of them!  Sock #2 has turned the heel and gone through one lace repeat, 5 more to go!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #443 on: July 28, 2011, 03:33:26 PM »
Just returned from Florida and brought back all my vintage jewelry to sell plus all my summer clothes.  Now I have to find a place to put it all away.  I will be nice to not wear heavy jeans every day.
Good luck with the show, love the sock.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #444 on: July 28, 2011, 08:32:21 PM »
Dahlish - awesome sock!

Kimberly - you are always incredibly busy - love that dog jumping through hoops for carrots!!!!

Me - hanging with the grandkids - and cleaning dishes all day, and very limited internet access until Aug 3.
was going to put more items in the HAS shop but will have to wait on that!
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #445 on: July 28, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »
Love, love, LOVE that sock, Gina!  Can't wait to see its mate!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #446 on: July 29, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »
Fixed my roomies car... now some house painting and wire wrapping :P

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 29, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »

When you are done you can come paint mine!  I still  have one room that I thought I would have time to get too when the summer started...but ummmmmmm....haven't found that time yet!  :-\

Today was spent getting everything priced and ready to go for a show tomorrow and tonight I am taking the kids to a concert at the library that features my son's band teacher.  Will be nice to just sit and listen for a while.  Tomorrow, bright and early, we will be setting up jewelry (no glass for this one) on the boardwalk in Ocean Grove getting ready for 90 degree weather and hopefully plenty of people.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #448 on: July 29, 2011, 08:53:16 PM »
Did day one of our show today...  We had 90 degree heat and high humidity for here.   A thunderstorm rolled through as well.  In spite of that, we did okay, but just okay!  I am not complaining!

Tomorrow, like Kim, we'll be setting up again for day two!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #449 on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:03 PM »

When you are done you can come paint mine!  I still  have one room that I thought I would have time to get too when the summer started...but ummmmmmm....haven't found that time yet!  :-\
Summer's not yet over 8)