Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796417 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #1410 on: April 28, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »
Sounds like fun, Gina!  And I'm glad top see you posting again!

Got my blog article written this morning, now it's off to finish a quilt!

I scored a bassinet in a thrift store for $4 day before yesterday.  It's in good solid condition, and the mattress was in it.  So tomorrow, assuming I finish the fish quilt today, I will be reupholstering this bassinet for Payton!

Speaking of Payton...  she's nursing now (hooray!) and steadily gaining weight.  She broke 5 pounds yesterday!  But the scary thing is she keeps stopping breathing.  She's been resuscitated 3 times this week.  When asked, "what's wrong? Why can't you fix it?" the medical staffs' shoulders droop and eyes go to the floor as they mumble, "She was born so early...." 

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 28, 2012, 10:38:28 AM »
I'm so happy that Payton is gaining weight. The breathing thing will eventually go away as she grows I would think.
Today is the Dogwood Festival in Mebane. Clay St. is closed to traffic and there are vendor tents up and down. There's food and carnival rides. It draws about 30,000 to this town, so hopefully they will be inclined to come downstairs and shop! My husband has a booth just upstairs and has been sending people down.

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #1412 on: April 28, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
I am posting here in this thread.  That's what I'm doing today.  :) 
Plus I am going to spend some time letting Etsy kind of settle in the background of my mind while I get my house in better order - decluttering.  I feel the need to get things in order and then after that I will focus on what's next!  I really need and WANT to start filling my shop here, so that I have a good start on my 'branching out' efforts in the face of what could be a very different Etsy down the road.
And I have to say it again - you all here are SO REFRESHING!!!!!!  What a wonderful place this is.  I've got the HAF tab on my browser "pinned" so it's always open so I don't forget to check in everyday!
Happy Saturday to you all!!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #1413 on: April 28, 2012, 01:12:32 PM »
Plus I am going to spend some time letting Etsy kind of settle in the background of my mind while I get my house in better order - decluttering.  I feel the need to get things in order and then after that I will focus on what's next!  I really need and WANT to start filling my shop here, so that I have a good start on my 'branching out' efforts in the face of what could be a very different Etsy down the road.
And I have to say it again - you all here are SO REFRESHING!!!!!!  What a wonderful place this is.  I've got the HAF tab on my browser "pinned" so it's always open so I don't forget to check in everyday!

Kim, It's your birthday, no??
 HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1414 on: April 28, 2012, 02:19:12 PM »
Hi everyone.... where is the thread to vote, I lost it....??????

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1415 on: April 28, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1416 on: April 28, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
Thanks Sandi, some used that link and opened up a buyers account, but cant find Voter??????

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1417 on: April 28, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »
That is weird.  I just clicked on that link and it took me to the right place....  very strange, indeed!

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #1418 on: April 28, 2012, 04:44:35 PM »

Kim, It's your birthday, no??
 HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Oh thank you Andrea!!  How nice! :D  I'm 55 - almost a senior.  I think I can get a few discounts at this age!  LOL

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1419 on: April 28, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
Happy, happy birthday Kim...watch out for the AARP stuff........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its coming, dont asked me how they know....LOL

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 28, 2012, 05:39:24 PM »
Sounds like fun, Gina!  And I'm glad top see you posting again!

Got my blog article written this morning, now it's off to finish a quilt!

I scored a bassinet in a thrift store for $4 day before yesterday.  It's in good solid condition, and the mattress was in it.  So tomorrow, assuming I finish the fish quilt today, I will be reupholstering this bassinet for Payton!

Speaking of Payton...  she's nursing now (hooray!) and steadily gaining weight.  She broke 5 pounds yesterday!  But the scary thing is she keeps stopping breathing.  She's been resuscitated 3 times this week.  When asked, "what's wrong? Why can't you fix it?" the medical staffs' shoulders droop and eyes go to the floor as they mumble, "She was born so early...."

Glad to hear that she's nursing and gaining weight!  How scary that she stops breathing, is it sleep apnea?  On a blog I follow the mom actually co-sleeps with her son because he has a history of suddenly stopping breathing and has said she's caught him many a time right as he starts not taking a breath again.  I hope they can figure something out to help!

I went to my best friend's daughter's bday party and weeded out 135 good pictures from I don't know how many I took  :laugh:  Andy says I need to lay off the 'pop art' mode because some of them turn out a little orange (which is true).

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1421 on: April 28, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »
I face painted today for 8 hours nonstop, not even a bathroom break, at the Tribeca Film Festival.  I wouldn't ever give up this gig, but holy crow, I'm broken.  I don't even want to knit!

Eric came with me & spent the day managing my line.

We've ordered Italian for dinner & plan to just watch a zillion episodes of Supernatural until we crash.

Offline MoKaPottery

• Handmade ceramics by Mo and Kath Gibson-Kelly
    • View Profile
    • MoKa Pottery
« Reply #1422 on: April 28, 2012, 06:53:15 PM »
We had a stall at a craft fair today.  Great atmosphere and the organisers did a really good job.  Not too many sales, but covered our table fee and a wee bit extra. More importantly, met a gallery/handmade crafts shop owner who wants to stock some of our work in her store.  Taking a scooter ride up to Crieff on Monday (about 25 miles north of us here in Stirling) with some egghead chicks and bowls and sorting things out.

Very exciting!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1423 on: April 28, 2012, 06:58:06 PM »
Sounds like everyone's had a great Saturday!  I did finish the fish quilt; it's in the dryer right now, and will be given away on Monday.  It's been a really long time since I made a quilt for a gift!

I have one fitted bassinet sheet finished, and one more to go.  Then I'll figure out how much yardage I need for the liner and skirting.  Tomorrow - a trip to JoAnn!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 28, 2012, 08:16:20 PM »
Sounds awesome everybody!  :)

Today I exchanged an extra skein of yarn for a beautiful skein of alpaca lace weight to knit a shawl.