Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1797770 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #1261 on: April 10, 2012, 05:47:41 AM »
Good Morning everyone....thank you again...and I am very humbled and happy.

How was the date, Kim, hope you enjoyed whatever you were doing a lot. One needs this time out from the daily rut.

Larissa, sometimes I wish I still had my house to be able to do some veggies and herbs and have that extra room, but alas in my situation it was better for me to live here now. Where I can pick up the phone and state "maintenance , come fix this and that"....but I do miss my house and heated pool.   

Have a 4 hour choir retreat today, so will be out of here by 10AM. Who can even sit this long, I might have to sneak out early with my back being in such bad shape....

Have a wonderfull day y'all.... :-* 

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1262 on: April 11, 2012, 07:35:19 AM »
Good Morning everyone...hope you have a maaaaavelous day.... :-*

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1263 on: April 11, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »
Good morning!

After hours last night, Eric suddenly decided he needed his suit tomorrow, and it needed to go to the cleaners.  Nifty.  So I found a same-day cleaners and had to drive it up there (30 minutes away) before 9 a.m. so I can pick it up after 4 p.m.  AND his shoes are splitting (Kenneth Cole used to be so good before they moved production to China!) so then I had to go to the cobbler to drop those off.  Then the party place to price tiki torches since we need some new ones for our May 5 Derby party.  Some of the old ones are dead as doornails.

Gonna sew some of the nephew's busy book today - his bday is 4/22, so I need to get crackin'!

Then do some work.

Housework.

Pick up the suits.

And tonight is our book club meeting.  So that's fun.  I'm bringing kosher for Passover wine.  :D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1264 on: April 11, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »
Busy day and eve Larissa.....

Just entered the contest, feel funny about it, I make things from trash all the time.... ;) :-[ :-\...oh well....

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1265 on: April 11, 2012, 07:07:48 PM »
Busy day and eve Larissa.....

Just entered the contest, feel funny about it, I make things from trash all the time.... ;) :-[ :-\...oh well....

LOL!  And your entry is beautiful!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1266 on: April 11, 2012, 08:45:23 PM »
Thank you.... :-[

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 12, 2012, 06:10:23 PM »
Chat starts in an hour and a half! See you guys there :D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1268 on: April 13, 2012, 06:12:25 AM »
I am always sorry to miss the chat, choir practice on Thursdays.....;o(

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1269 on: April 13, 2012, 06:14:08 AM »
Good Morning everyone.....
I think I brought a girlfriend over from etsy.....CreationsbyTricia, sweet lady.....

Breakfast time.....

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 13, 2012, 07:14:17 AM »
Running today!  Need to vacuum and finish a special order invitation plus am going to have some extra kids because their mom has to work and it is spring break.  Oh well, hopefully they will keep each other occupied and I can get some work done.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1271 on: April 14, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »
Good Morning, Larissa was so right in regards to donations gifts for fundraisers and auctions. I had prepared a document:

Due to the extremely heavy volume of requests from many important charities, I’ve developed guidelines that enable me to give artwork at no cost of the art piece.

These requirements also help me reduce losses since current U.S. tax laws are unfavorable to artist giving.  (There is little to no write-off for artwork.)

Please consider that by offering these terms for all artist giving, your organization will: 

Attract top quality, high value artwork; and over time, will become known as the go-to-organization for unique and valuable art.

My Giving guidelines are:

The organization agrees to split the proceeds from the sale or auction 50/50 (50% to the Artist and 50% to the organization).  I ask for payment within 5 business days of the sale. 
The name, address, phone and e-mail of the buyer will be provided to The Artists for my “collector’s club” records.
A minimum or a reserve price will be set and will be designated by me , the Artists.  (This is required to honor the value of the artwork for our existing collectors and possible galleries.)
In the event the artwork does not sell, it will be returned by the organization to The Artist in Jacksonville, FL within 9 business days.
If these guidelines are agreeable to you, please sign below and return this form via e-mail to viktoria1914@comcast.net.

We agree to the above terms:

Name, Title______________________  Date ___________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately I did not use the form, at that one time...I trusted that girl, being a Christian and all.
So I requested my large artwork to be forwarded to another charity auction at no cost to her and she thinks it s her art work now and she does not have to do that. She finally send it off but refused to give me tracking number insurance number and told me she will keep the raimnder of the shipping cost that she did not use for herself.
The shipping cost had ben paid by the new charity organization in excess.
What a mess, that girl is crazy, and I am now thouroughly disgusted with ever giving to charity.
ANy comments?

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1272 on: April 14, 2012, 12:31:37 PM »
Good Morning, Larissa was so right in regards to donations gifts for fundraisers and auctions. I had prepared a document:

Due to the extremely heavy volume of requests from many important charities, I’ve developed guidelines that enable me to give artwork at no cost of the art piece.

These requirements also help me reduce losses since current U.S. tax laws are unfavorable to artist giving.  (There is little to no write-off for artwork.)

Please consider that by offering these terms for all artist giving, your organization will: 

Attract top quality, high value artwork; and over time, will become known as the go-to-organization for unique and valuable art.

My Giving guidelines are:

The organization agrees to split the proceeds from the sale or auction 50/50 (50% to the Artist and 50% to the organization).  I ask for payment within 5 business days of the sale. 
The name, address, phone and e-mail of the buyer will be provided to The Artists for my “collector’s club” records.
A minimum or a reserve price will be set and will be designated by me , the Artists.  (This is required to honor the value of the artwork for our existing collectors and possible galleries.)
In the event the artwork does not sell, it will be returned by the organization to The Artist in Jacksonville, FL within 9 business days.
If these guidelines are agreeable to you, please sign below and return this form via e-mail to viktoria1914@comcast.net.

We agree to the above terms:

Name, Title______________________  Date ___________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately I did not use the form, at that one time...I trusted that girl, being a Christian and all.
So I requested my large artwork to be forwarded to another charity auction at no cost to her and she thinks it s her art work now and she does not have to do that. She finally send it off but refused to give me tracking number insurance number and told me she will keep the raimnder of the shipping cost that she did not use for herself.
The shipping cost had ben paid by the new charity organization in excess.
What a mess, that girl is crazy, and I am now thouroughly disgusted with ever giving to charity.
ANy comments?

I like your form.  Don't forget to say that BEFORE any donation will be made, you must have their 501(c)(3) form in your possession.

Yet again, it disgusts me that someone duped you into giving by using religion as an "I'm such a good person" ploy, and then forgot what a good person she was supposed to be when it came time to actually show it.  Ugh.

I've found that REAL "Christians" don't need to tell you how they're such wonderful people BECAUSE they're "Christian."  Like my best friend.  Or Kim & Andrew.  Or a lot of the people I know.  Unfortunately, it's the ones like this chick that can make the rest of you look bad.  It sucks.

At any rate, consider this the expense of an education, that's all.  It's the best way to look at it.  And don't penalize all charities based on the actions of this one scummy person.  She's a fake.  But you can see right here at HAF real examples of truly good and charitable people, so you know they exist too.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1273 on: April 14, 2012, 12:33:01 PM »
Anyway, I got moving late today, but am going to get cracking.  Gotta pick a spot in the yard for Eric to clear for me to try some wildflowers.  He's got the veggies, I want the flowers.

And I plan to do more on the busy book for nephew #2.

Tonight we're going to a bonfire party on a farm out in western central Jersey.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1274 on: April 14, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »
I love your form Monika!  Thanks for sharing it!

I am watching it DUMP snow outside as I quilt.  The light is on at the end of this tunnel and I may actually finish it today...  no later than tomorrow at any rate.