Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1604302 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #11910 on: March 29, 2016, 04:47:02 PM »
Eric's the one who pointed it out to me!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11911 on: March 30, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »
Halloo!

Ladies' night last night was an absolute blast, I even had more fun than I thought I would.  Today is work, and then tonight I just have to put air in a tire & hit the library for heading home.  Maybe I'll draw another coloring page; it's been too long and I wanted more done by now.

Offline TheSilkRoadie

• View Profile
    • The Silk Roadie
« Reply #11912 on: April 02, 2016, 08:48:07 AM »
After polishing bronze disks, I skritched it on the head and then I belled the cat.

Still getting the hang of taking pictures of shiny things.
Storm

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”  Albert Einstein

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11913 on: April 05, 2016, 11:44:34 AM »
Storm, that's so cool!

We've been crazy at our house getting thing set.  Tons of runs to Lowe's, another trip to the bee supply place planned for this weekend.

The nucs are coming on or around April 20, so we're in high gear getting things ready.  Plus, last night Eric and I actually incorporated We Beelieve as a NJ domestic nonprofit (the first step to eventually becoming a 501(c)(3) federally recognized charity), which allows us to start taking donations and exempts us from paying sales tax for supplies within NJ.  Eric is hopefully setting up the bank account today, and then working on the website and adding a paypal donation button to it.  Donations won't be deductible to donors yet, but as long as we get our 501(c)(3) status by December 31 (and we're trying!) they will be come tax time for 2016.

So while the site isn't quite ready yet, the FB page is active and we've already got over 100 "likes!"  https://www.facebook.com/Webeelieveorganization

Just working on that tonight, I'm sure.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11914 on: April 07, 2016, 10:32:49 AM »
A note:  Writing corporate bylaws kind of sucks.  They're up to 14 pages and I'm still *almost* done.  It's confirmed as a smart move on my part that I never went into corporate law; it's definitely not for me!  It's hard not falling asleep as I type!

Anyway, worked yesterday (mostly on the bylaws because boss man was in the NY office) and then guild meeting last night.  Today is work, and then working on bylaws more tonight and hopefully finishing them.  Then I need to go over them with Eric.  Sigh.  And in the midst of that, we need to go over the tax returns our accountant prepared and give him the ok to get them out.  Sigh some more.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11915 on: April 11, 2016, 10:01:12 AM »
I love your pendant, Storm!  And you are rapidly getting the hang of taking decent photos of your pieces!

Been working my fingers to the bone on the set-up process of a festival (The Frontier Folk Festival).  This is the first time the our Foundation has sponsored an event with live music.  We reached out to a couple of local musicians for assistance - since none of us are schooled in music - and although this guy does know music and lots of musicians, he never learned how to "play nice" with everyone.  We've got MONTHS into this event and he just simply doesn't understand our concept or the budget we have to work with...  a "my way or wrong" type of guy.  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...  but we need him to get good sound and staging, so this year, we're stuck.

Finished my quilt and have moved onto to developing something new.  If I can figure it out, you'll be the first to know!

Thanks to MsMartyD for catching it, and thanks to Andrew for correcting the typo in my blog post title.  You simply cannot proofread that which you just wrote.

Stay well and happy everyone!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11916 on: April 11, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »
Input please!  Two photos are attached of my hand knit baby army/work boots!  This is the sixth one I knit and the first one I thought worth finishing.  I still don't think they are laced enough; maybe start closer to the toe.  What do you think?

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: April 11, 2016, 02:30:36 PM »
I think they are perfect!   The vamp (I think that's what it's called)  of a baby's foot is to short to extend the lacing down any further than you have it.   I love these but I don't  have any babies in my life right now.    I will tell  family and friends.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: April 11, 2016, 02:33:39 PM »
I did it again....    too short.....
I always miss that second o.  Even though I  can  spell it   my fingers  get lazy.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11919 on: April 11, 2016, 02:36:45 PM »
Thanks MsMartyD!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11920 on: April 11, 2016, 04:31:50 PM »
Yeah, I think they're perfect too.

Today has been SUCH a Monday... hectic, kind of annoying, spinning in circles.  And tonight we have to go to one of the yards where we have two hives to agree where to move them.  They like having the bees there, just not right where they're currently located, so we've gotta get them away from their back deck.

This weekend was amazing, though.  In addition to the We Beelieve FB page going live (and getting over 540 likes already!), Eric got enough of the website done for that to go live too (http://www.webeelieve.org), and we already got two donations!  The thank you cards went out today.  :)

We also had a meeting Saturday night with the people we were hoping to take on the positions of the Board of Directors, and they all agreed!  So we're on our way, with a Board, our first meeting, the bylaws in the works, and even some bee talks lined up to some groups (girl scouts, cub scouts, etc.).  It's all so exciting!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11921 on: April 11, 2016, 04:42:26 PM »
That's just wonderful, Larissa!  Good for you, Wee-Believe and the environment!  So what are you going to do in your spare time?   :laugh:

Offline TheSilkRoadie

• View Profile
    • The Silk Roadie
« Reply #11922 on: April 12, 2016, 02:29:36 AM »
The bootie is adorable!
Try putting it on a baby or a doll and see if that changes the visual proportions?
Storm

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”  Albert Einstein

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11923 on: April 12, 2016, 08:55:23 AM »
Sandi- your booties are cute. I am wondering if a shorter bow would make the lacing part look longer? (When my kids were little I had one that always untied laces and took shoes off)

Larrisa- your bee site is looking great, wish you were closer to put hives in our field!

The Silk Roadie- your polishing is looking good :)

Here we are waiting for snow to leave again, but it should be gone by this week-end. We finally got our taxes done yesterday, so am thinking of celebrating by trying some more snow dyeing today (before it's all gone) then I really need to get ready for our show the end of the month. Printed more of husband's paintings on magnets, but need to do some larger prints too! As well as label all the knitting I've been doing.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11924 on: April 13, 2016, 06:02:21 AM »
i everyone, long time no see.... :D
To, to much has happened in my life to tell since I last was on here. Just know I have postponed back surgery, as I am not ready yet to be a possible cripple and will go an alternative route. Still don't know about my brain, neck and voice, Mayo is still working on that.
I am staying positive, in the meantime I have been found on FB and asked to be on a Companies Design Team, meaning I get materials for free, design 3 items a month for them, advertise the store everywhere for them and I can keep my designed item and sell it for myself. That was a great surprise and I am very happy to have been chosen.

Sales are non existent, which is ok, I think it is pretty much the same for most. It is still difficult to sell online.

Had to say Good Bye to my Pretty girl Samantha (cat) as Alex, my other, had become jealous of her when she blossomed  enough to come to me and wished to be loved too. As long as she was docile, by herself and shy, Alex tolerated her for 7 years and all of a sudden he blocked her from her food, water and litter box. Broke my heart, I had to re-home her. I cried like a baby....Thankfully a good friend stepped in and she has gained all her weight back, she is happy as an only cat and I have visitation rights.... :D
Now Alex on the other hand never ever in his 11 years, was an only cat, I always had two. So Samantha is gone and here he has been crying and howling day and night, looking for her all over the house. Go figure....that has been going on for over 2 month now and I finally could not bare this anymore and broke down. We adopted a kittie, a boy, hoping that will work better then a girl, and a kitten because Alex can raise him and boss him around. He is a cream colored Tabby, just 8 weeks old and the sweetest thing. Of course for right now they are still separated, only had him for 6 days and of course his name is Buffy, true to his coloring. One thing though, Alex has stopped crying and howling, knowing there is someone behind that guest bedroom door.
I tell ya, if it's not one things it's another... 
Sometime last year I volunteered to teach Art at church to our Kindergarten thru 3rd grade and I have come to enjoy that. Some  of these kids never experience any kind of love and care, praise, at home and I am glad I can be that for them. And teach some fun art, that is a weekly thing. Priorities have changed in my life and it is all good.
Wishing you all a wonderful day and hope I have not bored you to much. Monika