Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1557753 times)

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #11790 on: January 15, 2016, 04:43:49 PM »
tried to quote  Larrisa " Fish Sweaters?"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11791 on: January 15, 2016, 04:51:40 PM »
tried to quote  Larrisa " Fish Sweaters?"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All of the most fashionable sea creatures are wearing them these days!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: January 15, 2016, 04:53:40 PM »
Never heard of lobster mushroom, sounds yummy

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11793 on: January 15, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »
Never heard of lobster mushroom, sounds yummy

It's straight up amazing.  You had to see us.  E made me try it first, and my eyes must have bugged out of my head, because he immediately raced to try too.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11794 on: January 18, 2016, 11:19:09 AM »
Good morning!

I went to MA over the weekend for the birthday party of one of my best friends from college.  It was really fun, even if I did realize how old we were because all my friends' kids are now 19, 15, and 14!!!  Yikes!  I met Alex (the guy whose birthday it was) when he was 17, and feel like we're still that age... and his daughter is 15!

I had an amazing time with them hanging out, though I was sad Eric had to stay home.  We didn't have quite enough of a lead time on the invitation to be able to get a sitter for all the animals for Saturday night & Sunday morning.

It was fortuitous, though, because on Saturday morning it was time to harvest the first flush of pink oyster mushrooms, which don't have a really long shelf life, so Eric sold the whole batch on Sunday - 1 lb, 1 oz.  The guy bought a dozen eggs too!  And Eric took the opportunity to clean the whole kitchen and dining room, and a good part of the living room too.  He's awesome.

Today is just work, and I'm probably going to work a bit late, but then tonight we've got to transfer more mushrooms into spawn bags and jars.  It's all growing so fast!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11795 on: January 21, 2016, 11:22:35 AM »
Hey, peeps!

Been doing tons of mushroom things, and even bee things.  Today is just work and tonight I need to write up the minutes from Tuesday night's Environmental Commission meeting & get those over to the chair.  That's about it!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: January 21, 2016, 02:15:41 PM »
Suggestion...   ceramic   mushrooms?     For more clutter in  our kitchens?
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11797 on: January 21, 2016, 02:22:44 PM »
LOL MsMarty! 

Finished my frog quilt; today I'm knitting and marketing.  Same stuff, different day.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11798 on: January 26, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
Halloo!  Survived the blizzard, but spent the majority of the weekend snowblowing and shoveling, so we didn't get nearly as much done as we'd have liked. 

Yesterday was just work & home.  Today is the same, except Eric has a business dinner tonight, so I'm on my own with the pets... and have to remember to stop & pick up dog & cat food so they have dinner.  Been working on more drawing pages for the shop.  And that's about it.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: January 27, 2016, 07:44:43 AM »
Everyone is so busy! Me, I've been just hanging out for the most part. Doing small things around the house. I've tried working on some new jewelry pieces, but the motivation is just not there. I just may have to take a good long break from it and do something else in the meantime. Not sure what yet, but when spring hits, there is plenty of yard work that needs to be done.

Glad that all of you affected by the storm got through okay. That is so tough especially when you are in a more urban location. No place to put the stuff. I grew up with that kind of snow on a regular basis, but because it's so rural, there was plenty of space to put the snow. Can't say I miss that. We really didn't get much here. A couple inches of snow which have since melted. Going to be 50 on Saturday, and then rain.

Time to go walk the girls. They are waiting on me. I swear they can tell time. ::)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11800 on: January 27, 2016, 10:54:36 AM »
I drew two more coloring pages last night, I just need to finish photos of them and list them tonight after work.  There's that, I want to practice a face painting technique I haven't tried before, and the new season of Suits starts again on USA tonight.  And I want to bake a sour cream cake for tomorrow's book club meeting. 

I'm not sure if we're also going to start building the flow hood for the shrooms yet, or that'll wait for the weekend.  We really need it; the shrooms grow FAST!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11801 on: January 27, 2016, 05:53:09 PM »
Glad so far everyone is safe and dealing with the Blizzard of 2016 as best as they can....
Have not been busy at creating myself either due to alot of other going's on in my life or tremendous health issues. It has finally come to fruition that I indeed need Lumbar Spine surgery, a fusion from L1 thru L5  possibly S1.
I am in pain, severe pain and Medicare make my Doctor, the Spine surgeon jump  thru hoops before he can offer me the surgery.

"Monika, you have to go thru a set of 3 injections first, they will not help you and might hurt, you have to go thru them. Then Physical Therapy which will not help you anymore and will deffo hurt you, but I need to document that we have done all that we could, so I can do your surgery. Otherwise medicare will not approve anything".
What a shame that is.....we will meet in March again, after I go thru all this and plan surgery for April. I have no life right now, I cant go to choir, because I cant sit this long, I cant go and teach my Art classes to my children in church becasue I cant sit that long, I cant do nothing and will endure some more pain until.....  and the Spine surgeon says we will need to keep taking the Oxicodone for pain. I hate those pills .....
So that's my sob story, if its not one things it's another - and yes, Mayo Clinic is still trying to figure out at the same time, my brain/ear/throat problem thingy.....
Thank God my 4 heart Ablations went well and I am doing fine there. Otherwise I am falling apart....LOL

Wishing you all well, in a blink of an eye your life can change, just heard that a friend of mine was in a car accident, otherwise plenty healthy, was in ICU and is now in Hospice, terrible, in the blink of an eye....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 07:29:42 AM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11802 on: January 27, 2016, 06:08:01 PM »
Although I can't fix a thing for you, Monika, you are in my thoughts.  Hang in there.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11803 on: January 28, 2016, 07:25:50 AM »
Although I can't fix a thing for you, Monika, you are in my thoughts.  Hang in there.

Thank you Sandi.....I just  noted I even cant type coherently with these darn pills...... :-\

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11804 on: January 28, 2016, 11:48:30 AM »
OMG, Monika,

I really hope everything for you - and your friend - turns out ok, and quickly.  I think we're all really sorry we can't help in any tangible way.

---

Work today, book club tonight.  I wasn't up to baking last night after getting some really upsetting news, so Eric was good enough to rush out to a local bakery 5 minutes before they closed and pick up a dozen mini cupcakes for me to bring.