Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1796546 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #1005 on: March 13, 2012, 10:14:34 AM »
Beautiful photo, Dragon!  I am at work.  Baby is doing fine...  still no news is good news, although she did gain a whopping 20 grams, which puts her back over two pounds...  Hooray!

Good luck with the formal-dining-room-to -studio-conversion!  I'm looking forward to seeing the stretchy bracelets, too!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1006 on: March 13, 2012, 05:14:57 PM »
Hi- anyone remembers "Indiepublic"?
Is that a dead horse now? There no activities in any of the groups since Fall Winter  2011....

Know something about them...?

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #1007 on: March 13, 2012, 05:40:40 PM »
Hi- anyone remembers "Indiepublic"?
Is that a dead horse now? There no activities in any of the groups since Fall Winter  2011....

Know something about them...?

I'm on there a little. They have on-going stuff, I put one of my books in for a green challenge they have going on right now. Not sure how active or beneficial it is but if it's out there I'll throw a book at it
 ;)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 13, 2012, 06:39:03 PM »
Congrats on the studio Dee!  There is something so cool about having a space that is yours to work.  We actually closed off the back of our garage for an office so I could convert the laundry room into a craft room and it is my favorite place in the house!

Dragon, beautiful picture, but you can have the snow...I am so ready for spring.

Didn't get pictures done today.  Instead I ended up taking the kids to buy summer clothes...they grew out of everything and then coming down with a massive headache.  I have to work tomorrow, but hopefully can get some of them taken afterwards and before cub scouts.  I really need to be twins on some days.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1009 on: March 13, 2012, 08:53:51 PM »
It is spring break at school, so even though I have to go to work, I'm the only one there and I've got everything caught up.  So last night, I did the machine-sewing part on some miniature rag dolls and finished one today at work.  I am so anxious to take another road trip to see Payton, but, darn it, I caught a cold.  I can't take a cold to a 2-pound baby! 

They ran an ultra-sound looking for inter-cranial bleeding (common in preemies) and found none (Hooray!).  Also, her blood pressure is just barely okay, so they did an echo-cardiogram looking for a hole in her heart (also common in preemies).  They did find a tiny spot where a chamber isn't quite closed yet, but they said that probably 90% of everyone has a much more severe version of this kind of leak...  so also not a huge concern...  Hooray again!  Her feedings are up to 13 ml every three hours and she's gained another 20 grams.  She's not doing all this wonderful stuff on her own.  I truly believe that without all the 'positive vibes' in all their forms weren't coming her way, the news would be so different.  THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!  She can also come out of the isolette for very short periods of time now, so here's a picture of her with her daddy.  She still has all her tubes and sensors - they are just hiding.

When I got home from work, I read my email and one of them was confirmation of a price I quoted for a custom quilt!  I was just floored!  I really thought the answer was going to be, "you do nice work, but that's too much money."  NOT!!!!  I am so excited, but on the other hand, my brain is going, "as if you needed something else on your plate right now!"

BTW...  THANK YOU ANDREW AND KIM for the design of the new forum!  I just love it and I really like how recent listings show up all over the place.  You two are the best!

And Dee...  you will love your "studio" no matter where it is!  One of the beauties of having grown and gone children is that you can convert their rooms to some self-serving purpose (i.e., my studio)!

I'll stop now.......................

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #1010 on: March 13, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »
Sandi,
So happy that it sounds like Payton is holding her own.  I can't begin to imagine the stress you are going through, hang in there.
Of course the buyer agreed to the price on your quilt, you do wonderful work.
Dee,
I am experiencing studio envy.  I am usually surrounded by jewelry parts.  Cannot wait to see your huge output when the studio is finished.
73 degrees in New York today, too weird.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 14, 2012, 09:27:41 PM »
Sandi congrats on the quilt order!  That's great!  :)  Also I'm glad to hear that Payton is doing well and slowly but surely gaining weight!  I remember when my brother was born early the nurses would sneak my parents in to hold him for a few minutes here and there since touch is really the best 'medicine' for a preemie!  :D

I've been laying low and knit a few things for Kara's new Barbies!  Their babysitter gave her some hand me down ones and 2 have new dresses and one has a rockin' pair of super bell bottoms :)   Speaking of Kara she also somehow broke a button on our camera... :o

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1012 on: March 14, 2012, 11:20:45 PM »
My god, Payton is tiny!  I'm glad to read she's getting stronger & Andrew that your dad is getting better too.

Sandi, congrats on the order!  I keep trying to send people your way when they need shower gifts.

As for me, it's been busy.  Over 70F here, and suits are becoming an actual burden again.  I hate having to wear a suit in the heat.

Been figuring out the day job situation & meanwhile knitting my heart out.  Also still making soap, of course.  Cut a log of Garden Party tonight (it's such a great one for spring) and I need to make a whole new batch of Purity.  Again.  100% sold out right now.

Meanwhile, Saturday night we went to a party for Purim/Holi/St. Paddy's.  Yes, my friends throw strange parties.  Sunday, friends came over to brew with Eric.  He's got a Canary Melon Berliner Weisse fermenting right now.  And since then, just trying to keep it together.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1013 on: March 15, 2012, 11:48:10 AM »
I'm at work again with nothing to do, so I'm catching up on all the threads I haven't had time to read over the last week or two!

FABULOUS news!!!!  They removed Payton's PIC line last night!  This was a tube that was going into the sack around her heart to provide fluids.  She's doing well enough that she doesn't need it!!!  She's also up to 13 ml of mother's milk every 3 hours now.  She's still hovering around the 2-pound mark, but the good news is that she's not losing weight!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1015 on: March 15, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »
That's awesome, Sandi!

I had court this morning - on my own behalf this time, from some tickets I got back in November.  Blech.  I hate being the defendant.

Then had to make a run to the post office (ship out some soap to Canada) and to the bank, and have been here knitting ever since.  The scarf is now over 54" and counting.  I'm headed for 66".

Then some dishes, vacuuming, and I MUST make another batch of Purity since we're completely sold out.

Tonight I know we're going to dinner with some friends, but I'm hoping for some time somewhere in there to work on my second nephew's busy book.  I've got it started, but his birthday is April 22 & there's not nearly enough done.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1016 on: March 16, 2012, 06:27:09 AM »
Good Morning...Oh heavens I missed all the good news..Sandy first of all I am still praying for lil Payton, I am so happy to read she is doing well, and yes she is very, very tiny. Wonder if that tiny hoe in her heart will close on its own....praying....(smile)

Congrats in your quilt order, you may got it to keep your mind occupied with something else and not to worry so much about lil Payton. Devine intervention, or something like that....

Larissa, sorry you had to be the defendant....tickets!!!! Crossing our fingers and paws over here, never had a ticket in my life. Was stopped by a cop last October, really dint pay attention about the speed limit. He took my paperwork to his car, came back and stated." you had not a ticket since you are in the states, 31 years, and we are not going to change that today". HA !!!!! and this German girl has a led foot....(giggles)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1017 on: March 16, 2012, 06:32:20 AM »
A studio?!! Dee, I can only dream.....(sigh).... 8)

Today will be a day of shopping, groceries, for my 5 course German Dinner I am preparing for tomorrow. Innvited guest over....Somebody stop me, why am I doing this to myself...LOL....I will be in the kitchen today and tomorrow.... :o

Also going to the "bonecracker" have a pinched nerve in my spine again....(sigh)

Whoever said the "Golden Years" was a big fat liar, getting old is not for wimps....LOL

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1018 on: March 16, 2012, 06:34:26 AM »
"whaaaaaaaaaa"......can we have a "spell checker"....... :'( :'( :'(

so sorry..... :(

Offline Dee38753

• Live life as if there was no tomorrow!
    • View Profile
    • Southern Country Creations
« Reply #1019 on: March 16, 2012, 07:30:46 AM »
Sandi...I am so glad to hear Payton is continuing to improve...will keep her in my prayers.

Larissa....so sorry about court...don't you just hate it when that happens...(coming from someone who has a lead foot....if it weren't for my cruise control...I would probably be locked up)

Today i am going to get my garden planted...I can't wait until it all starts coming in...

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!!