Author Topic: Two Manic Necklaces  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
Two Manic Necklaces
« on: May 21, 2009, 05:44:19 PM »
These are two necklaces that haven't been posted for sale in the shop yet, if you're interested in purchasing anything here that you don't see on the website, contact me at: admin@manicbutterflyjewels.com.

Crazy 8's: This necklace is Lepidolite crazy 8's, natural Sunstone disk, pink & green Aventurine rounds, faceted Czeck glass rounds & rondelles, silver plated chain & components, sterling wirewrap & lobster clasp.

Springtime Butterfly: This necklace is one of a series that I'm working on geared toward the younger crowd-my daughter and her friends(in their 20's) especially like silver chain, Mother of Pearl, etc...but it can be worn by any age group!!
It consists of: Mother of Pearl butterfly, disks and ovals, white agate ring, silver plated chain & components, sterling silver front toggle clasp.

Thanks for looking!

Jeanne

Re: Two Manic Necklaces
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 07:04:44 PM »
I have never seen the 8's but I love the way you have used them. Both necklaces are great.

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 07:24:19 PM »
Thank you both. I've had the 8's for a while and just decided to try something out with them-they're rather heavy so I wouldn't want to put too many of them in one design.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 09:44:17 PM »
cant say I've ever seen anything like the 8's before - those are cool!
on the butterfly necklace - did the little discs come with the holes drilled that way or did you do them?

Both look really nice!   :)
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline dreamriverdesigns

• Handcrafted heirloom quality jewelry
    • View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 10:27:18 PM »
I haven't seen anything like them either.  Very nice work,  I really like the pendant (focal piece) of the 8's

ps,  it's late and I'm tired but I thought the 8's were S and was thinking it was a superhero necklace.

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 12:19:37 AM »
I love them both, you do such PRETTY work!

What size is the chain? And where do I get it? That looks about the right size for some Swarovski crystals I want to hang...please share.

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 01:44:02 AM »
cant say I've ever seen anything like the 8's before - those are cool!
on the butterfly necklace - did the little discs come with the holes drilled that way or did you do them?

Both look really nice!   :)

Thanks! The discs came with the holes pre-drilled. I would probably put a hole through a finger if I had to drill them myself  :-\

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 01:45:22 AM »

ps,  it's late and I'm tired but I thought the 8's were S and was thinking it was a superhero necklace.

;D I hadn't thought of that!! LOL

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 01:48:27 AM »
I love them both, you do such PRETTY work!

What size is the chain? And where do I get it? That looks about the right size for some Swarovski crystals I want to hang...please share.

Thank you so much-it means a lot to hear nice stuff about my work by all of you 'fellow creators' here! ;D

About the chain-I can't say for sure-I've gotten chain from Blue Moon, Fire Mountain, and a few other generic places-not sure where that particular one came from. I'll see if I can go back and compare it with what I have left and see if there's still a name on the package! :P

Offline girliesbling

• Love making jewelry and Decorative painting
    • View Profile
    • Girlie's Bling & Things
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 02:21:26 PM »
Those necklaces are gorgeous!!!  Beautiful work!! :D

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »
Suzanne-You might want to check the Copper Frog, here on etsy. That is where I got the delicate sterling chain I used for the Summery Shell Drop necklace I have listed. She is very reasonable on her tiny, delicate chains of sterling.