Author Topic: New shop set up questions and bugs.  (Read 61081 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New shop set up questions and bugs.
« on: April 28, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
Please add your questions and any bugs here so that we can help you out and get the bugs exterminated!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: New shop set up questions and bugs.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:43:44 AM »
This is SO EXCITING!  I have been through the Profile and Shop Setup tabs - it took about 45 minutes.  Two things I was NOT able to do both deal with pictures....

The BROWSE button for the .jpgs in both the shop bio and blog icon does not seem to be working.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS TREMENDOUS GIFT!  The new shop is beautiful!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 11:57:34 AM »
This is SO EXCITING!  I have been through the Profile and Shop Setup tabs - it took about 45 minutes.  Two things I was NOT able to do both deal with pictures....

The BROWSE button for the .jpgs in both the shop bio and blog icon does not seem to be working.

I just used it earlier today for both of those areas with no issues. What browser are you using?
What is it doing not letting you browse at all? If it is letting you browse did you hit save?
Thanks

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 12:03:24 PM »

I just used it earlier today for both of those areas with no issues. What browser are you using?
What is it doing not letting you browse at all? If it is letting you browse did you hit save?
Thanks

I am using Firefox.  Nothing happens when you click browse.  I tried pasting a link to a photo in my Picasa Web Album, hit save...  no luck.  I then tried manually typing in the location on my computer from which to upload, clicked save...  no luck.

From my view, the BROWSE button in Shop Setup to load your banner is white in color with a black border (looks like a typical, clickable button).  On the ABOUT ME page, the BROWSE button is rusty orange with no border (same on the PROMOTE page).

Hope this helps!  BTW...  I have one item listed!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »

Thanks

I am using Firefox.  Nothing happens when you click browse.  I tried pasting a link to a photo in my Picasa Web Album, hit save...  no luck.  I then tried manually typing in the location on my computer from which to upload, clicked save...  no luck.

From my view, the BROWSE button in Shop Setup to load your banner is white in color with a black border (looks like a typical, clickable button).  On the ABOUT ME page, the BROWSE button is rusty orange with no border (same on the PROMOTE page).

Hope this helps!  BTW...  I have one item listed!

Do you have pop ups blocked? It opens a box. I just tried again and it works fine for me. You are clicking the orange button right.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 01:24:23 PM »
Pop ups are blocked, but the URL is on the allowed list.  I am clicking on the orange button and nothing happens at all...  I have tried closing/reopening the browser, too.   SO............

I opened Google Chrome, went to the shop, logged in and loaded pictures into both areas.  So this issue is a Firefox issue on my end.  Sorry I bothered you with this!  At least now if someone else seems to be having the same issue you can suggest they try a different browser.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 01:28:15 PM »
Glad you figured it out, like I said I use firefox and have had no issue. Strange.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »
Glad you figured it out, like I said I use firefox and have had no issue. Strange.

Very strange, especially when it worked just fine for the shop banner and not for the other places...

Is that Twilight Zone music I hear playing in the background?

;D

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 02:52:56 PM »
In the ABOUT ME section, in the BIO box, it appears that it's limited to 250 characters.  Can that be increased?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 03:01:29 PM »
In the ABOUT ME section, in the BIO box, it appears that it's limited to 250 characters.  Can that be increased?

How much do you have to say? LOL
We might want to shorten it to 200 :D

I'll make a note

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 03:47:43 PM »

I'll make a note

My current "About Me" is 176 words/1004 characters (includes spaces).

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
  :D Excited about the shop, just have a few questions.  I don't know what the Google code is or where to find it.  On the question of shipping, I don't know the costs of items until I know the destination zip code.  I also don't have a scale to weigh my things at this point.  My preference is not to ship internationally, is that okay?
Thanks,
Lisa

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
  :D Excited about the shop, just have a few questions.  I don't know what the Google code is or where to find it.  On the question of shipping, I don't know the costs of items until I know the destination zip code.  I also don't have a scale to weigh my things at this point.  My preference is not to ship internationally, is that okay?
Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa you need to have a google analytic account if you want to use this feature. You can use it to track your visitors. If you don't have an account and choose not to, no harm done, just do not enter any info here. With the shipping you need to estimate a price, there are no real time shipping calculations. If you only want to ship in the usa, just create a profile for the USA instead of world wide. I would suggest you reconsider this as you are limiting yourself to worldwide clientele. I believe you only sell jewelry, I have not had an issue shipping jewelry worldwide for more than 3.00 dollars. I use USPS mail. Just a suggestion.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 06:40:54 PM »

I'll make a note

I put in a request for it to be changed to 1000, I'll keep you informed and let you know when it is done.
thanks

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 06:41:51 PM »

I'll make a note

I put in a request for it to be changed to 1000, I'll keep you informed and let you know when it is done.
thanks

Thank you VERY much!