Author Topic: P.S. I Love You Contest -- Challenge #3!!  (Read 27393 times)

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
P.S. I Love You Contest -- Challenge #3!!
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:10:21 AM »
I hope everyone is ready for the 3rd challenge of the Handmade Artists' Forum!! With the most mushy-ful time of the year coming up next month, we're going for a romantic theme this challenge--our first holiday challenge!! Following in the footsteps of our 2nd challenge (music-inspired), the name of this challenge is "P.S. I Love You". Anyone have a Beatles song stuck in their head now? Good! :evil:

Here are the rules for this challenge:

1.) You can create your entry using any medium, as long as your entry is romantic, mushy, and/or lovey-dovey. :) (Think Valentine's Day-inspired.)
2.) Your entry MUST include at least one item you would use for writing a letter. Some examples include (but are not limited to): Envelopes, canceled postage stamps, quill pens, old ink wells, wax seals (or sticker imitations) or stampers, stationary, ribbon, glitter/confetti, an address book, typewriters, bottles/vials, or a lipstick kiss. ;) Use your imaginations!!
3.) Once your entry has been completed, post it in this thread with a picture (or pictures), and a short description of your item. Make sure to let us know what letter-writing item you used.
4.) Start NOW, and make sure your entries are in by Sunday, February 13, 2011!!

If you have any questions, post them here in the thread, or send me a message. Once all entries have been submitted, our wonderful administrators will create a blog post where you and your friends can vote for your favourite entry!!

~Prizes~
If you would like to donate an item as a prize for our commenters (free exposure for you!), please speak up! Either post here, or send me a message.
The winner of the challenge will receive $25, as well as two (2) weeks of free advertising on the forum and blog, and on Makinthebestofit.com and Chainmaillebymboi.com. Also, once the voting has begun, anyone who votes and leaves a comment will be entered to win a $25 gift certificate to the Handmade Artists Forum Shop, as well as a Light Valentine Wash Cloths and Facial Cleaning Pads Set, donated by Asiabataev! All of these prizes (besides the wash cloths) are courtesy of our wonderful administrators! :-* ^-^

Get started NOW, and have fun!!!! :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:41:47 PM by CraftedRoots »

Offline LazyTcrochet

• LazyTcrochet
    • View Profile
    • LazyTcrochet
Re: P.S. I Love You Contest -- Challenge #3!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:14:02 AM »
Sounds fun. I don't think I can do anything that would include those writing items though.
Wear Handmade! Visit my boutique at
http://LazyTcrochet.Etsy.com
Find me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/LazyTcrochet

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »
Hmm, this is quite a challenge. ??? I've got my thinking cap on.

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »
Sounds fun. I don't think I can do anything that would include those writing items though.
Ahhhh! Don't say that! Remember, you don't have to stick with the items listed. ANYthing involved in letter-writing can be used! Use your imagination! I did think of another one last night: Glitter/confetti. Those are often added as a little surprise to perk people up. :)

If I think of more, I will post them. If anyone else comes up with a material not listed, you have the option of posting it here, or keeping it to yourself. :)

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 12:01:56 AM »
Hope everyone is busy creating! ^-^ Just a reminder that anyone can still donate a prize for the winning commenter!

Offline lindentreephotography

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 12:18:31 PM »
I will have to think on an entry.  I just took some wonderfully romantic guinea pig photos last night...I definitely can donate a Valentine's Day card to the kitty.

-Julia
www.lindentreephotograph.etsy.com
www.recycledarts.etsy.com
www.zhuzhusworld.etsy.com

Offline PearlieGirl

• View Profile
    • Pearlie Girl
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 12:22:09 PM »
Sounds fun! Should the give-away be the item we are posting?

Will be back later with my entry!!

Offline ArtsyCrafty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »
This sounds like great fun!  It wil take me a lot of thinking as my strong point is baby clothes,  but I am going to give it try!  I will also work towards a prize offering

Judy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtsyCrafty

Offline LauraDaGoddess

• Saving the Planet One Accessory at a Time.
    • View Profile
    • Totally Unique Treasures
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 03:19:06 PM »
I am thinking, I hope I have the time to do so. I do have something in mind, but don't know if I can pull it off yet.  However, if you all don't mind, I am in a contest right now here and I am number 30.  The voting ends tonight.  I would appreciate a vote from everyone. Thanks in advance and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.  http://www.thehandmadegiftguide.com/p/vote.html

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 03:21:45 PM »
Fun I think I have an idea :)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »
We have a donation offer that I accepted from asiabataev
This Light Valentine Set makes a perfect gift for the loved one and it's so affordable!

There are 1 wash cloths - knitted and crocheted, with a hanger and 3 facial cleaning pads.

The wash cloth is 28cm x 30cm and pads are 10cm diameter.

The cotton is very soft and easy.

Wash with like colors in COLD water and tumble dry on low. Cotton will shrink and dark colors may fade or bleed slightly.

Made with lots of love in smoke, alcohol and pet free environment.

All the way from Poland!
Thanks so much!
Andrew

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »
Sounds fun! Should the give-away be the item we are posting?

Will be back later with my entry!!

I suppose that's up to you! If you're willing to part with your entry, then sure. :) I think it'd be great if we got more than one donation.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 06:31:33 PM »
haha up until the "it has to include something for writing" I had a great entry - will have to see  how I can alter it to include something along that line!
Still don't have my computer - miss you guys - I'll pop in again soon! Maybe tomorrow!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
I suppose I could've made it writing themed, but that just seemed too easy!