Author Topic: HAF Shop: 1496 October Views 0 Sales - HELP!  (Read 3155 times)

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
    • Lovely 7 Designs on Etsy
HAF Shop: 1496 October Views 0 Sales - HELP!
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:01:26 PM »
Does anyone have any critique for me? 

Is my product totally not relevant here? 

What would HAF members like to see for graphic type products in my HAF Shop?

We discussed large banners for craft shows, coordinated branding (matching banners and avatars) for use on all of your sales sites, I'd like to add a business card add-on option.

Who are our customers?  Would I have better luck offering retouching of family photos, holiday photo cards, wedding invitations, etc?

This is my SOS!  White Flag!  HELP!

Dish it, I can take it.
Emma

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: HAF Shop: 1496 October Views 0 Sales - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 06:58:01 AM »
I think it takes a while for people to get around to using your services.  It's the kind of thing where they look at your ideas, say, "gee, I should do that," and may wait 3 months to get it done.

I also think additional branding can help.  Can you do blog backgrounds?  Those seem to be a hot item.  And if you can match those and do additional backgrounds, banners, and buttons to go with the Etsy, Artfire, or HAFshop banner so the branding carries through to the seller's blog, that's huge.  Then offering IRL banners for craft shows & business cards too - also huge.

In your shop description, and maybe the description of each item, you should write up the importance and impact of consistent branding and brand recognition.  Do a little research and blog about the issue too, drawing more people to the shop and getting the import of this in their heads.

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 08:24:23 AM »
you're the queen of amazing ideas this morning.  thank you SO much.  i never would have thought of any of those.  and i'll never figure it out until after hibernation.  but seriously.  THANK YOU LARISSSSSSSSA!     :-*

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:30:41 AM »
This is new as of last night in my HAF Shop.  I'm going to have to look at the wording again after i sleep.  I think I wrote a 14 Chapter novel in the description box.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 08:41:42 AM »
Love your work and definitely agree that blog backgrounds would do well for you as everyone and their grandmother is blogging.  I know for us, we still haven't managed to get around to a "complete" look for our personal work so I can see how someone would look, love it, and say I'll deal with it later.  I guess the question is how do you make it a priority?  Push the fact that branding can add to sales somehow?  Just throwing stuff out there.