Author Topic: Many Apologies To All  (Read 6429 times)

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
    • Lovely 7 Designs on Etsy
Many Apologies To All
« on: October 16, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »
HAF'ers,

When I took on the responsibility of running this promotion, I was having a much easier time with my health issues.  Things have been rough throughout, and I wasn't able to track, tweet, and lead this thing as I wanted to. 

Thank you to everyone who participated and I truly appreciate everything each of you did to make an impact on HAF, Twitter, and all of our Featured Members.

If we choose to do another round of this promotion, I think I will have to either share the responsibility with someone, or pass along my ideas and step away until I'm sure that I can be active on a daily basis.

Great job.  I think we definitely generated quite a bit of chatter and gained visibility for the Forum on Twitter and around the Handmade community.

Thank You All For Your Contributions,
Emma

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Many Apologies To All
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 06:54:00 AM »
Health first!  You've done a great job, and I think you definitely got something going that created traffic for all of us.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:58:54 AM »
Apologies are not necessary, the fact that you stepped up and offered to help is huge. That is one thing that I am very grateful for the few people that step up and help the forum. So trust I know how it is, I've put more hours and days into this than anyone.
I definitely think we should do another round, any volunteers to help?

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
I propose we take two off weeks to gather new recruits, jumble the list around for weekly variety, to let anyone quit who wants out, and for me to get some sort of simple tracker posted where if someone gets a sale on their week, they can mark it or something.

My brain is chowder right now, but I do numbers quite well if I'm awake.  Did total forum views go up substantially over the course of the last 5 weeks?

I'm scaring myself.  I'm going though another one of my take on the world phases, and I don't want to crap out again.  I say very carefully that a substantial solution was found for why I had been so sick so often and I hope to get my life back.  I hate letting people down.

Anyhow.  I'm game to do another round especially since it's the holiday ramp up.  If anyone wants to be my cohort/stunt-double, join the fun.

Andrew, Two Week Sign Up Drive beginning today.  One week hiatus.  Restart on Halloween???????

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:44:42 AM »
And if you'd rather have someone else lead it, I'll be happy to backseat drive.  Just say the word.  I would never be butthurt about anything like that.   :o :P 8)

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 08:45:34 AM »
Health first!  You've done a great job, and I think you definitely got something going that created traffic for all of us.

Larissa, you're just a sweetheart today!   :-*

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 01:10:07 PM »
And if you'd rather have someone else lead it, I'll be happy to backseat drive.  Just say the word.  I would never be butthurt about anything like that.   :o :P 8)

I have no issues whatsoever with you running the next round, you had mentioned that you would like some help, that is the only reason why I suggested it.
I have no issues with taking a two week break. As far as hits go to the forum , I have no idea if they increased from the twitter ring, I'm assuming that they didn't because the links were to other sites not this one. But the intent was to send visitors to other sites anyway so I'm assuming that it did it's job.

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 01:28:53 PM »

I have no issues whatsoever with you running the next round, you had mentioned that you would like some help, that is the only reason why I suggested it.
I have no issues with taking a two week break. As far as hits go to the forum , I have no idea if they increased from the twitter ring, I'm assuming that they didn't because the links were to other sites not this one. But the intent was to send visitors to other sites anyway so I'm assuming that it did it's job.

is there a specific goal you want to attain for HAF and HAF Shop with the next round as opposed to following the last template.

like if you want to be included in the ring, you have to post your item/shop/blog address info in a forum topic and we tweet those page out to get new people onto the site?

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 01:34:34 PM »
did that make ANY sense at all?  my battery is finally draining.

and is there anyone out there who wants to be my assistant ringmaster?

Offline cMaille

• Crescent Maille :: Chain Maille's Rennaissance
    • View Profile
    • Crescent Maille ~ Contemporary Handcrafted Chain Maille Jewelry
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 02:32:35 PM »
I know I have a very minute capacity for this sort of thing, so I'm sorry I cannot volunteer. Though if it keeps going, I'll keep tweeting — since week one I've tweeted about one featured member every day (usually a link to a specific item in their shop) plus a weekly shout out to all 7. I'm happy to continue doing that!

Take care of yourself! Health first is right!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 03:20:36 PM »
I feel bad that I can't help you out! :(  I have so much on my plate right now with running my store and all the local events that are coming up in the next couple of months. I will be certain to set aside time each week to schedule tweets like I have been doing. You have done a marvelous job!! Feel better!!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:22:08 PM by trusk4u »

Offline stellasblossoms

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 06:52:54 PM »
Emma I am certainly sorry to hear about your health...I look forward to getting to know you more when you feel better.

I will do my best to help promote everyone! Please let me know if I can help do anything.  My plate runneth over but I will try to do anything that's within my reason.

Mary

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »
I feel bad that I can't help you out! :(  I have so much on my plate right now with running my store and all the local events that are coming up in the next couple of months. I will be certain to set aside time each week to schedule tweets like I have been doing. You have done a marvelous job!! Feel better!!!

I have the same issue - I'd love to say I'll do it, but I know I wouldn't be able to follow through and everyone would just get shortchanged.

Offline Simbelmyne

• View Profile
    • Intentional Stones
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 01:22:20 PM »
Thank you for doing this!   I really want it to continue.

I'm sorry I can't volunteer more right now.  Getting read for a big show and hopefully another in December.  I've been slacking on the small responsibilities I already have. 

I hope as I get more into this I'll learn to balance better.
-Simbelmynë