Author Topic: Twitter Ring : How if works and Sign up!  (Read 41737 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Twitter Ring : How if works and Sign up!
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »
Well I'm at it again trying to figure out how to support each other. This is just one of my ideas, I figure lets start with one then move on from there.

This is the thought, we can kill ourselves promoting ourselves or we can ban together to promote each other. I have found that the more I promote others the more I get back, basically what comes around goes around.

Anyway on to how it will work, we make a list of people who want to participate and everyday pick one and tweet what they want to promote.
That is 7 tweets a week. If you miss a day do it the next day. If you want to do all 7 people in one day have at it. The point is that you will tweet 7 times in  a week minimum and while your at it make sure you follow them and visa versa.

Simple right?

Now picture having a 100 people in this ring or more maybe we will double it who knows but this will be good exposure for whatever you want to promote. I don't care if it is your blog, shop, or website.
Everyone will have their day and everyone will reap the benefits of those that want to participate.

The more the better in this one, and it takes seconds to tweet so it will not be a huge time issue for anyone.

So what do you think and who wants to join in.

Also it would be huge if someone could help with the list, my time is so limited that it would be greatly appreciated.

Wellllllllll.............. 8)

Offline Haffina

• Just a little bit crazy
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HaffinaCreations
Re: Twitter Ring : How if works and Sign up!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 01:24:39 AM »
Ok, I dont really twitter so much as ping, which then twitters... so if that would be ok then I'm in.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 06:39:33 AM »
Ok, I dont really twitter so much as ping, which then twitters... so if that would be ok then I'm in.

Doesn't matter how you get it there, that's fine.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 09:05:26 PM »
When I do my Facebook features, they go right to Twitter, then I fish around on Twitter when I can and retweet HAF buddies' tweets ...

Offline MewesMountainArts

• View Profile
    • Mewes Mountain Arts
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 11:06:53 PM »
I'm game to give it a shot.  I like to use Social Oomph so that I can schedule them all at one time but they only post up at the time I set.  So if you can have everything up at one time, that would really help me out to keep up  ;)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 01:56:34 PM »
Keep them coming!

Offline aimeesrockworks

• View Profile
    • Aimee's Rock Works
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »
I've been trying to get better at doing the Twitter-thing more consistently (yay TweetDeck!).  I'm no good at keeping lists, but I'd love to participate.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »
There has got to be more Twitterers (is that a word???) around here!  Think about it...one tweet a day and when your turn comes around you will be the Tweet Star of the day!

paradisepurls

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 11:37:04 AM »
I'm in!  I love twitter. :)  Haven't been on there much b/c of travel this summer, but plan to get back in the swing of things now.  Great idea...should be a big return on small investment of time for everyone.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 06:57:41 PM »
Lets back up a second, I sort of screwed up here. If your interested you need to post a link of what you want to be promoted and your twitter account for ease.

So please for those interested post your link and your twitter.
Now who else wants to get in.
For this to be really successful we need a lot of people.
If we don't get many more this go around we can just start anyway and as people join we can just add them to the list.
I will say this and many people have heard me say it before, but promoting others is much more powerful than self promotion.
It's like standing on the roof top yelling how great you are, not very convincing.
But if a whole bunch of your fans of yours yells from the roof tops about you, that is powerful.

I've spent the better part of the last year and half promoting others and have gotten better results from that than I ever have by promoting myself.....

Steps off soap box..........

Now who else is in? ;D

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 08:03:11 PM »
I'm @Reefbotanicals, and I guess promote the blog:  http://www.reefbotanicals.blogspot.com

paradisepurls

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 08:32:03 AM »
On twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/paradisepurls

And, promote my Etsy shop this time-
either knits http://www.paradisepurls.etsy.com
or beaded jewelry:  http://www.paradisejewels.etsy.com

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 06:24:33 PM »
There is a huge list here towards the end of the thread.
http://handmadeartistsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,2095.0.html

People are still signing up here. If you are going to start a new list you might want to get rid of this one.