Author Topic: HAF Pets  (Read 507962 times)

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
Re: HAF Pets
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2012, 09:30:43 AM »
yeah, but where do the fleas go? you will still need to spray your furniture and carpeting, or the fleas will just come back.  The summer heat (and warm winter last year) has made the bugs intolerable this year.
Debbi

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #196 on: October 20, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »
Lisa, I agree wiht Debbi, if you dont treat the entire environment, the fleas will be there again, takes 30 days for the eggs to hutch, and they are in the carpet, rugs furniture, everywhere....Best to call a Pest Control guy...I know, I know ...it cost, but you will have them over and over again otherwise. :o ::)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2012, 05:29:28 PM »
I had a flea issue several months ago, I have 2 dogs who were to be indoor dogs, but one is just not training very well, of course the leader of the pack (my daughter) did not do as should have been done so we put them outside, they have open access to our patio, anywho, during the heat of the summer, the typical florida fleas came and infested our dogs, which when we went on the patio, would get on us from the dogs and come inside.  My daughter does not seem to get bitten very much but if there is one anywhere within 10 feet of me, it will find me and seems my grandson too.  So we became infested in the house.  She bathed the dogs, we bombed the house (3 times), sprayed the carpets directly, sprayed the yard and they seemed to be gone.  Yeah, well they are back, dogs still outside but when my daughter goes out to feed them, the get on her and she brought them back inside.  Sprayed the floors, bombed the house yesterday, and nope, still have some fleas.  Why you say,  because she did not bath the dogs or give them the flea medication so she brought more in.  She is off on Monday, so she is going to bath the dogs, flea medicate them, spray the yard and bomb the house.  I am leaving til she is ready to bomb and then I will take them out for a while, then back to washing everything in the house, putting all Jaeden's stuffed animals in the dryer and hopefully that will take care of the problem.  As long as they stay out of the back yard until it rains again. Then we spray again and all should be well.  They can be controlled, it just takes a lot of effort.  If she can't keep them gone the unfortunately, the dogs will have to go.  :(
 :(

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »
Thanks, I told my brother-in-law that he needs to spray the house.  Luckily, there floors are all hardwood so no rugs.  They haven't noticed any in the house.  I just feel sorry for Harry, he is blind and deaf and old so the last thing he needs is fleas.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »
Thanks, I told my brother-in-law that he needs to spray the house.  Luckily, there floors are all hardwood so no rugs.  They haven't noticed any in the house.  I just feel sorry for Harry, he is blind and deaf and old so the last thing he needs is fleas.

Unfortunately, they can live in the cracks between the boards. I managed a property once, people vacated the property, I went in and it was of course trashed, did a walk through and nothing.  Went back to my car to get notepad and camera and went back inside and within minutes my legs were black.  The eggs live in the floorboard cracks and when hot body walks through, they hatch.  UGHHHHH

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2012, 12:46:53 AM »

Unfortunately, they can live in the cracks between the boards. I managed a property once, people vacated the property, I went in and it was of course trashed, did a walk through and nothing.  Went back to my car to get notepad and camera and went back inside and within minutes my legs were black.  The eggs live in the floorboard cracks and when hot body walks through, they hatch.  UGHHHHH

That is thoroughly disgusting.  My beloved dog and his fleas might just have to continue to live with my sister.  Seems fair to me, he didn't have fleas when I sent him there :D

buddingcreations

« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »
They aren't weird...they have personality.  Our dog "talks" or howls if I am on the phone and sitting down...not standing up and on the phone, only if I am sitting.
That's funny!!!

Pretty kitties Larrisa! love that one snuggling under the covers!

My Jazz Cat 10 yr old half Maine Coone he and his brother Blue (lost for 3 yrs now) are grandsons of 2 cats we had when my kids were young and we had their grandparents - then their mother was given to a friend who had a male Maine Coone they were born on my daughter's birthday same year my grandson was born - sort of extra special kitties!
Blue was actually named for his color - and sort of the music - and Jazz because when he was little he was a sort of hyper. Wouldn't know it now though!
the sweet face of Jazz

Jazz doing what he does best!

When Jazz does manage to play it's usually with hair ties, the rings from milk bottles or maybe the feather tied to a string - he'll actually play fetch with me with the hair ties and bring them back to me for at least 3 or 4 throws now and then!

and 10 yr old Tweet Tweet - I just inherited her last month (not responsible for her name!)

Jazz sometimes like to hang out here:

I put a piece of cardboard on top so now Miss Tweet Tweet doesn't get so freaked out when he hangs out on the cage!
OMG Jazz looks just like my Cocoa short for "Cocoa Puff" lol. I will post a pic of her when i can. She is awesome!
I found her in the barn with her mama last winter! I am not a cat person, but Cocoa acts more like a dog than a cat! I just love her so much and she is so affectionate and she loves to play hide and seek with my 6 year old son :)

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2012, 10:05:16 PM »
Cute animals. I had a parakeet when I was a kid.  I had a zoo when I was a kid!  They are lovely pets, Jazz, great name for a cat!

Offline FiremaneStudio

• I am the pixel mistress.
    • View Profile
    • My professional portfolio
« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2012, 09:03:49 AM »
This little monster and future fuzzy overlord of the world is Pele.
She keeps me sane while driving me insane. And she has had many dog-shaming moments. This was the more recent one.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:48:56 PM by Jhowarth »

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 03, 2012, 02:53:05 PM »
She is very cute.
This little monster and future fuzzy overlord of the world is Pele.
She keeps me sane while driving me insane. And she has had many dog-shaming moments. This was the more recent one.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/418834_10151146629804721_971916226_n.jpg

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #205 on: November 03, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »
She is so cute Sarah....

and yes, fleas and their eggs even can survive in concrete floors tiny dents and cracks, wood window frames, you name it they are there. Its a terrible pest. You really have to treat the animal, the entire house and your cloth, bedding everything.....and ususally I had to treat again in about 30 days, thats when the eggs hatch....
That was when I had my black Lab named Katinka, she is in heaven now....

My cats are stricktly indoor cats.....

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2012, 08:17:15 AM »

Here they are at a peacefull moment, 3rd floor screened in Patio. They do have a love/hate relationship on occasion....LOL

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2012, 09:41:26 AM »
Oh Dang.............. fell asleep and.....

he's behind me!
(those are rare moments I have to capture, believe me)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »
I've been a little in and out of the forums a bit less lately, our sweet boy was very ill and taking care of him was a fulltime job -  we finally had to say goodbye a week ago today. We're incredibly sad but it was for the best...and he's no doubt sailing the waters that he loved so much again!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »
Sorry for the loss Blue, hang in there!