Author Topic: Handmade Artists' Shop on indiepublic  (Read 5368 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Handmade Artists' Shop on indiepublic
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:20:15 AM »
In order to help get the word out on the HAFshop I started a group here http://www.indiepublic.com/group/handmadeartistsshop
Indiepublic is another ning type site that is out there with quite a few handmade members. I'm a lot of our members here are also members there.

Well it would be greatly appreciated if you guys join the group in an effort to spread the word about the HAFshop.
Thank so much in advance for your help.
Andrew

MrsWTownsend

Re: Handmade Artists' Shop on indiepublic
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:45:33 PM »
1/2 way there...  have to wait for approval

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »
I joined. I don't visit Indiepublic too often anymore. Just got out of the habit I guess. I'll need to go more often now! ;D

Offline PennyFarrow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 08:05:15 PM »
I was a member then left because the only messages I got were other members advertising their shop and sales

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »
I didn't start the indie group to hang out in. I just started it as one more place that new members can find us. So if you happen to be a member of indepublic join the group. Please.
If not no worries.
I barely ever go on indie anyway but will check it from time to time.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 10:04:48 PM »
I have the same results from Indiepublic, but I stayed anyway.

Have we anything on My Craft Corner? That seems to be a bit more of an active site, plus MCC tweets my listings every now and then ...

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 08:08:49 AM »

Have we anything on My Craft Corner? That seems to be a bit more of an active site, plus MCC tweets my listings every now and then ...

I get a lot of the self promoting on Indie too. I used to belong to a group called "My Craft". Maybe it's the same bunch as My Craft Corner? I liked it there well enough, but had a hard time keeping it up to date. I also had some issues with an event I had posted there for my old team. It was just irritating to get replies long after the event was over. I couldn't delete it and neither could they. Now that some time has passed, maybe I'll rejoin the group.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 09:14:20 AM »
I think My Craft Corner is relatively new, Teresa, so I don't think it's the same as My Craft.

I've never had any trouble with MCC, plus, when I first started there and set up my page, I had inadverently put white text over a white background, and the site manager emailed me to tell me I had a "white out" going, which I thought was very attentive and nice of him.

... kinda reminded me of a big ol' teddy bear around here who shall remain nameless ...

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 09:54:42 AM »
I think My Craft Corner is relatively new, Teresa, so I don't think it's the same as My Craft.

I've never had any trouble with MCC, plus, when I first started there and set up my page, I had inadverently put white text over a white background, and the site manager emailed me to tell me I had a "white out" going, which I thought was very attentive and nice of him.

... kinda reminded me of a big ol' teddy bear around here who shall remain nameless ...

I need a bucket...........

by the way NaLa that is so nice of you to offer to make a page up for the forum and shop. You are so sweet!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 10:41:37 AM »

I get a lot of the self promoting on Indie too. I used to belong to a group called "My Craft". Maybe it's the same bunch as My Craft Corner? I liked it there well enough, but had a hard time keeping it up to date. I also had some issues with an event I had posted there for my old team. It was just irritating to get replies long after the event was over. I couldn't delete it and neither could they. Now that some time has passed, maybe I'll rejoin the group.

Same here.  And people posting Chinese mass-produced stuff pretending to be "handmade" and spamming the boards.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »
by the way NaLa that is so nice of you to offer to make a page up for the forum and shop. You are so sweet!

Holy crapola, what have I done??  :-\

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 01:22:42 PM »

;D 8) :evil: :police:

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 09:48:03 AM »

Stepped in it this time didn't you? :-\

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 09:55:41 AM »

Holy crapola, what have I done??   

Stepped in it this time didn't you?

Got a shout out to Reggie to find out if a HAF page on MCC is possible ...

... have I mentioned lately that Andrew sucks??  :P

Offline KellyTaylor

• View Profile