Author Topic: Got Opal Bead??  (Read 4588 times)

All In Vein

Got Opal Bead??
« on: April 23, 2010, 07:58:41 AM »
Got a Opal vocal center piece Bead? Do you Want One? This is my new listing it is a big all natural Solid Boulder Opal Bead From Queensland, Australia . Ok before you bust out of seat click here:  http://handmadeartistsshop.com/ixxocart/products/LARGE_BOULDER_OPAL_BEAD_ALL_NATURAL-899-1.html Thank now go wipe off your drool. Thanks ,Aiv
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:11:54 AM by All In Vein »

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
Re: Got Opal Bead??
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 08:49:47 AM »
Nice :-*

All In Vein

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:05:15 AM »
Not what I expected to see for an opal.  :D
WHAT DID YOU EXPECT FOR A BOULDER?

All In Vein

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 09:41:07 AM »
Jan ????????????????

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »

You can't please everyone you know!

Offline baublezptoa

• Paid Subscribers
    • View Profile
    • baublezptoa
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 07:33:41 PM »
oh man, I love boulder opal, the idea of a brown boulder rock with a stream of opal in it, I bet you would be spellbound by a photo of the piece hanging as a pendant!

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:46:57 PM »
What color! It's a gorgeous stone.  :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 11:36:37 PM »
No, that's natural.  The purple one I questioned because I'd never seen anything like it before, but this one is natural & gorgeous.

All In Vein

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 05:54:51 AM »
No, that's natural.  The purple one I questioned because I'd never seen anything like it before, but this one is natural & gorgeous.
Larissa, thank you I was about to give a 3-page tutorial on Boulder Opal. It is all natural and it took considerable time to carve it out of the matrix. Boulder Opal forms in a seam that is running through ironstone to expose it you must first notch each end of the seam with a diamond saw then split the stone. once split you then carve out the matrix, then once carved out it must be sanded and polished, it is very rare to get a full face stone like this one. Thanks for all the feedback, if anyone questions if this is natural or not may I suggest you read Len Crams book Queensland Boulder Opal He is a great friend of mine. He is recognised as a world authority on Australian opals and even after thirty odd years experience, his face still lights up on the mere mention of our national gem. He is a fine cutter and judge of opals, especially the many complex forms of the Queensland Boulder Opal. He has been involved in every aspect of the trade and industry from mining to exporting, but the biggest impression, I feel, is clearly seen with his professionalism as a world class photographer of opals. His brilliant work on the precious gem can be seen in this book and others. :-*  Hope This Helps all my best, Aiv[/]

Offline baublezptoa

• Paid Subscribers
    • View Profile
    • baublezptoa
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 09:20:45 AM »
an example of boulder opal very small inclusion with boulder opal beads where you can see small inclusions in the light but primarily boulder which still isnt too cheap!

and another freeform

All In Vein

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 09:29:05 AM »
Yes there is many types of boulder

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 09:48:13 AM »
It is beautiful, I never said I didn't like it, only that it wasn't what I was expecting to see. I have just never seen anything like it, hence my comment.

Offline baublezptoa

• Paid Subscribers
    • View Profile
    • baublezptoa
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 10:00:17 AM »
Jan,

LOL that is all I am showing though I have more!  Did you know now there are all kinds of natural diamonds in the market too?  Diamonds you would not even consider to be diamonds!!!  Speaking for myself gemstone lovers can be quite overcome with gemstones!!!