Author Topic: Interested in a New Blog Ring?  (Read 28949 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Interested in a New Blog Ring?
« on: April 18, 2010, 03:01:05 PM »
We came to end of our previous group and have to say that all in all it was very successful.  We had some sellers make some sales and many members got increased hits to their blogs and shops.  I am more than willing to run another ring if there is enough interest!

If you decide that you want to continue featuring our talented group of artists sign up here...but there are a few things to consider before signing up.

-If you sign up you are committing yourself to feature one HAF artists per week for the entire run of the ring.  This is open to any member of the forum no matter where they sell.  I give you all the basic info as far as the name of the featured artists and their blog info and often times their shop info.  Your job is to check out their blog/shop/etc and write up a feature.

-Your next job is to read other members articles!  Leave a comment for the author on each blog.  This increases the exposure for both the featured artist and the bloggers.

-If you can't keep your commitment, please let me know.  I will pull you out of the ring; no hard feelings, I understand that life gets busy (boy, do I ever understand!) and that time gets away from you.  I am only concerned that we had people that signed up and were not participating and then I have to deal with the messages talking about how they didn't think it was fair to feature someone not willing to feature others.  I do comment on all the features and watch which members are participating and which have dropped out but I would rather not have to track people down, and feel bad about messaging people like the blog police  :police:

I will leave this open, and as soon as we have enough people to make it worth while, I will begin a new ring...so watch this section of the forum for the new info.

If you have any questions about how this works, please ask!  The more people that participate, the more fun (and exposure) for everyone!

Offline DreamBubbles

• View Profile
Re: Interested in a New Blog Ring?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 04:55:32 PM »
Kimberly and the members of the blog ring,

I would personally like to continue to do this. I know that I failed several artists along the way by not getting features done on time or in a couple cases at all and I am very sorry for this. I would like the opportunity to redeem myself and try again. We are in the process of moving so the next couple weeks might be hectic but I promise to do my very best. I'd love to see lots of others join in round two so that we can continue to learn about one another.

Best wishes, Kris

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 04:59:57 PM »
Yay, it was fun times! ^-^ Unfortunately, we've been super busy over here, so I'm going to step out, this time around.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »
I'm in ... youse guys give my blog class ...  ;)

Offline baublezptoa

• Paid Subscribers
    • View Profile
    • baublezptoa
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 08:29:27 PM »
Count me in!  It has been great fun seeing all the great stuff our members can do and meeting everyone too! ;)

Offline Haffina

• Just a little bit crazy
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HaffinaCreations
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 10:42:21 PM »
Im happy to do another blog ring - means I at least have one new blog post a week!

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 11:54:39 PM »
You can count me in. Be forwarned though, that I may miss a couple due to pre-op tomorrow and surgery in ten days long awaited on my feet. I will catch them up though, promise.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 06:32:49 AM »
Ok, I'm caught up to here.

LTD, you are right and I think we will do it how you suggested...my only excuse is that I've never run a ring before and didn't know what I was getting into!

Those that are saying they may miss a week here and there...I understand and others to do!  Missing a week is not a big deal, I (and others) got a little miffed at those that signed up and never returned!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 06:39:51 AM »
I'll do it again! I looked forward to seeing who was next and then doing their write ups! It's a lot of fun!

paradisepurls

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »
Count me in!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 09:04:44 AM »
Up to 9 so far...a few more and we can start rolling again!

Offline redfoxjewelry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 05:22:26 PM »
You can make that 10. I will do it again. Before we started, I knew almost nothing about almost everyone. Now I have gotten to know something about some of you. This will give me a chance to learn more.
BTW, if anyone is interested I am interested in trading text links with other members for my blogroll. I know it's off topic but anyone interested can send me a private message. The more the merrier!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 12:00:57 AM »
Oh, I'm definitely in!  You guys give me some of my best blog posts!

Offline redfoxjewelry

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 03:03:02 PM »
Holly of Tuscan Roads said she was interested too. She said it over on the weekly thread in case you missed it.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 04:01:08 PM »
got her and am caught up to here!