Author Topic: Interested in a New Blog Ring?  (Read 28953 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Interested in a New Blog Ring?
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2010, 07:29:56 AM »
FYI, Kimberly's the one who assigns the rings & she's away right now, so you might not be added to a ring right away.  Don't worry about it, you'll be added soon.

Offline CC

• 21st Century Bohemian Bead Art
    • View Profile
    • Saorsa Studio of Beads
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2010, 08:49:11 PM »
Cool...I'll keep an eye out.  Thanks!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »
Cool...I'll keep an eye out.  Thanks!

I'm adding you to ring 2 so head over to this post and see who you get to feature any time this week! http://handmadeartistsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,4010.0.html Sorry, I was out of town and got a bit behind but I am slowly catching up.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2010, 09:08:56 AM »
What's your blog url, Deepanshu?

Offline speranzajewelry

• View Profile
    • Speranza Jewelry
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2010, 11:15:51 AM »
Gosh, I would love to be part of the Blog Ring, but I'm a little over-committed right now - I'm in the Twitter ring, preparing for a holiday craft show, a member of several teams on Etsy/Artfire, working a full time job - in other words, crazy-busy, as I'm sure many of you are.

But I'd like to throw out an idea for a new king of blog ring at some point in the future:  is anyone interested in putting together a "Blog Comments Ring"? I'm still thinking this through, but it could be looser - rather than writing full posts on other artists in our blogs, we make a commitment to visit each other's blogs regularly to increase blog traffic, and contribute comments?

Visiting/commenting on each other's blogs could have a great impact on our Google Analytics, and it's still a great way for us to get to know each other better.  It can be as structured as a weekly ring, or as loose as just starting up a forum thread we call "Blog posts this week."

I often feature other artists in my blog in treasuries, etc., but I find I can only write a few posts a month, and during the last blog ring I was part of, I honored my commitment to the ring first, and didn't really have the time to post anything else (a symptom of my own schedule). 

What are your thoughts? Like me, is there anyone out there who wants to increase their blog traffic, but may not have time for a full blog ring...

Lisa

Offline impressionsbyheidi

• Impressions by Heidi
    • View Profile
    • Impressions by Heidi Blog
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2010, 02:32:54 PM »
This sounds great. Is it too late to get in on it? I would love the exposure and the blog content in addition to helping other artisans!!

Offline Suzyjb

• View Profile
    • SuzyJaneB's Etsy Store
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2010, 06:24:12 PM »
Can I hop on the blog ring too? www.marionetteshop.com. I would be very happy to feature peoples work, and I think this is a great idea!
My Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SuzyJaneB
My Blog: http://marionetteshop.com
Murals website (In Dutch with some English pages) www.make-a-scene.nl

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2010, 08:50:02 PM »
Me too, me too!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2010, 08:35:21 AM »
I'm going to lock this up and start a new sign up thread.  Nothing like getting some preHoliday exposure and we have a few members that could really use a boost right now.  I will happily run the ring again if nobody else wants it...now off to start a new thread here http://handmadeartistsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,4654.0.html along with what is expected for the newer members to our forum.