Author Topic: 1000+ Hits in less than 9 days!!!! WOW!  (Read 8542 times)

Offline baublezptoa

• Paid Subscribers
    • View Profile
    • baublezptoa
Re: 1000+ Hits in less than 9 days!!!! WOW!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 05:33:03 PM »
Is everyone else with a HAF shop getting thousands of hits also?

I don't know about everyone, but the site is getting traffic.  When I just checked my stats, I got a few over 1000 in the last month which is really good for me.

I am all for the site, and am willing to promote like somebody crazy, I have been looking at peoples things and twittering them on my twitter and posting on facebook.  I will do more of that directly from the HAF  store. 

Thanks Andrew, will do.
I have to tell you Andrew, I still find it hard to list items.  I must be missing something.

you can pm me or email me. Part of the problem you are having is your pics are huge. You should resize them to less than 1000 pix I fixed one of yours the other day and the pic was like 2400x3000. Thats too big. The average monitor is no bigger the 1000-1200 pix so when you upload a pic that big it tends to not work that well. Let me know if you need more help. Plus you can also post in the private sellers area under support and suggestions and I'll or someone will walk you through.

Offline eyecandychainmaille

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 05:34:49 PM »
Hi Bauble... I have a suggestion.  Once you have a listing you like try using the template feature.  it is the little pyramid looking thingy with a plus sign on the far right of the list of products.  Go into manage products.  It is on that screen.

If you do that you will have most of the info already filled in.  Just change what you need to, add your new pics and done.  Also, unlike most other web page editors, you dont have to hit save when you are done on the first tab.  Personally, I fill what I need on the Product Info tab, hit the Secondary Images tab then I save it.  I dont even use the other tab screens.  I am sure Andrew and his lovely wife will let us know if we need those.

I have 21 listings up now.  I do a couple each day.  I find it easier than on HAF than on some other sites.

That is my three and half cents.  Keep trying, you will get it.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »
Hi Bauble... I have a suggestion.  Once you have a listing you like try using the template feature.  it is the little pyramid looking thingy with a plus sign on the far right of the list of products.  Go into manage products.  It is on that screen.

If you do that you will have most of the info already filled in.  Just change what you need to, add your new pics and done.  Also, unlike most other web page editors, you dont have to hit save when you are done on the first tab.  Personally, I fill what I need on the Product Info tab, hit the Secondary Images tab then I save it.  I dont even use the other tab screens.  I am sure Andrew and his lovely wife will let us know if we need those.

I have 21 listings up now.  I do a couple each day.  I find it easier than on HAF than on some other sites.

That is my three and half cents.  Keep trying, you will get it.

I use the inventory control tab that way you can choose what you want the cart to do after you sell something. One option is display an out of stock message or do not display if it sells. I've also dabbled with the recommended products tab which allows you to say suggest earrings to go with a necklace, I haven't used it in a while but you can play with it. If you hear a BOOM just run and I'll fix it. ;D

Offline raedawn

• me at the beach, off the coast of Massachusetts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 07:30:40 AM »
Dear Candy ~ congrats on the hits. How can you tell how many hits your shop has had? Is there a special place to go? Thanks ~ Linda (aka Raedawn/Dreams and Echoes)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 08:44:43 AM »
Dear Candy ~ congrats on the hits. How can you tell how many hits your shop has had? Is there a special place to go? Thanks ~ Linda (aka Raedawn/Dreams and Echoes)

Once you log into the shop go to Statistics then reports.  There you will find a bunch of options, one of which will show all your views.

paradisepurls

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 03:27:21 PM »
Once you log into the shop go to Statistics then reports.  There you will find a bunch of options, one of which will show all your views.
-----
I'm so glad I wandered in here.  I was curious about finding out how to see our views/hits.  I'm slowly stocking my shop!!  Anyone made sales yet?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »
There has only been a couple sales on the entire site. We have only been open for like 10 weeks though. So it will take time. The fact that we are getting the traffic that we are getting in my mind is amazing. It took months to build the traffic on the forum that the shop is getting in weeks. I think the sales venue has more holding power than a forum. People will scroll through a lot more there than here, no members that is.

The more sellers we get and more people list products the better the site will be. We are still small in the world of handmade, but we are getting bigger everyday.

paradisepurls

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 09:02:09 PM »
Thanks for the info, Andrew.  I love having the shop here, and look forward to watching it grow as a whole.  It's very exciting there is so much traffic already!  Thx so much for all you do!

Offline eyecandychainmaille

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 08:58:49 AM »
Hi guys!  I am still getting some good hit numbers and I have made my first sale on HAF. 

The reports are great and if you are not sure where they are, when you log into your shop listing area click on the button at the top that says statistics and then reports.  it will give you a list of the reports you can see.  Click shop views and you will she the current months hits.  You can play with the dates to cull more info from the report as well.

I do recommend a little bit of promotion on your own, as well as inviting those folks you know who sell to come and check the site out.  Its a great place to be and the admins are very friendly and offer lots of help.

Just wanted to let everyone know how things are going.

All Blessings,
Candy