Author Topic: A Short History Lesson on HAF  (Read 69236 times)

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
Re: A Short History Lesson on HAF
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 11:55:22 AM »
I found this for the first time.  But, then again, I'm not to into searching through the forum (my loss).

Great history, continue your passion.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »
Thanks Sam for summing that up for us.  Gentle updraft, how apt.  floatin, driftin, well put Monika. 

Larissa, I had to look up that word but once found, proved to be quite appropriate.  ha my new word for today. :D

But no matter what you call it or how it is defined, simplistically put, it is just a great place to hang.

Offline mmd

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 07:50:56 PM »
I was wondering how this wonderful place was "born."

Many thanks to Kim & Andrew and all who have worked so very hard! 

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2013, 05:56:45 PM »
I was wondering how this wonderful place was "born."

Many thanks to Kim & Andrew and all who have worked so very hard!

mmd - kudos to you for wandering the site and forum to learn what you can - sure helps in many ways!

Offline mmd

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2013, 06:19:46 PM »
Thank you Blue Highways.....finding the time to get my "feet wet" and be part of this wonderful community.  Unfortunately I keep West Coast hours...LOL....so I am around in the middle of the night.

maryanne

Offline JimJuris

• I am the author of two ebooks on photography.
    • View Profile
    • Inexpensive Jewelry Photography
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2013, 06:56:13 PM »
Thank you for posting that story.  Very happy to see another handmade selling venue providing an alternative to selling on Etsy.

If Etsy was playing their cards right, sights like this and Artfire would never be able to survive.  Etsy allows resellers, provides poor customer service and Etsy could care less about any of their sellers.  That is why I strongly support Artfire and Handmade artists.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2013, 08:08:43 PM »
Thanks for the love Jim, glad to have you hanging out with us. I'm sure your experience will add value to everyone :D

Offline Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2015, 09:17:35 PM »
Out of curiousity, I checked on my tenure here. I joined in July of '09, so I've been around for awhile. And they haven't kicked me out! ;D

I just have to say I love everything about this place. Awesome bunch of people and I feel very much at home. Thank you :) to Kimberly and Andrew for making this the best place to be.
I agree !!!
and they haven't kicked me out either!!! and that's since May '09. I do manage to disappear once in a while - but like home I always make my way back here.
And I come and go all the time.  That's what is great about this forum.  Andrew and Kim welcome me back each time.  How are you doing?  Are you still creating?  I haven't looked around much, yet!  I follow all the things posted on facebook mostly.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2015, 07:49:02 PM »
Reply to all of these....  As an experienced old person  I must  say that  for the most part, crafters I have met are the warmest, kindest  and most helpful people  on earth.  I love having access to wonderful people online without having to get dressed and go out.  I can have loads of fun  in my robe or raggedy  clothing.

THANKS,  Andrew and Kimberly!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2015, 01:51:19 PM »
Whether or now we ever rival Etsy, at least everyone knows that there is a safe place to talk and show off your work no matter where you sell and that is what we set out to do in the first place!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2019, 10:01:06 AM »
I  left  Etsy   and  haven't  looked  back.    I  don't  think  we  should  let  Etsy  set  our  standard..  We  should  do   our  thing   and  let  them   do  theirs.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18