Author Topic: Featured Member Ad  (Read 151340 times)

Offline handcrafts

• View Profile
    • handmade earrings and crochet
Re: Featured Member Ad
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2009, 02:24:15 PM »
I've been trying to figure out a way to do this and be fair about it without causing to much work for me. I thought of featuring the member with the most posts, then I thought that wouldn't be fair because some of us have more time than others to post.you're right. with summer here i probally won't be posting alot because i have 3 girls that are constantly on the computer. i'll try to at least post i a week but please keep my website advertised because i really like this site it seems everyone helps out thanks
So I figured I'd make it simple and easy for me and not to show favoritism but to be random.
This is what I came up with post your ad for your site or shop in this thread and I will feature them as they come in the ad box on the bottom of each thread.
If you haven't seen it yet when you open a thread on the very bottom you will see my ad and my wife's ad displayed.
I will put, at random, a featured members ad there to be displayed for a day maybe two depending on how many responses we get it may be there for a week. I will feature each member for at least a day, now don't get mad if someone is up there for more than a day and you were there for just 1 day, this is strictly random and as my time permits me to work on this. I will be as diligent and fair as possible, but I take days off too so don't be surprised if the display time is random.

Mine look like this:

Don't worry about code just post a 125x125 picture here in this thread with a link as to where you want the ad to link to and I 'll take care of it.

I hope this will get a lot of response as I know most of the members here have shops, websites, or blogs they want to promote and this is another way that my wife and I can give back to the handmade community of artists for free.

So post away and put your ad in this thread, the first one will go up right now! I hope you enjoy this new feature as I thought it was a pretty good idea.
Enjoy 8)

Edit: as we go through the ads I will then go back and start again to keep a rotation, also depending on the response I may feature more than I member at a time, to show some extra love. This all depends on the amount of submissions I get. So don't be shy, I'm not!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2009, 02:37:20 PM »
Handcrafts-don't worry about it...your ad will stay up.  What we are concerned about is that a few ads were placed and then they never signed in again...just disappeared into the sunset.  We want to feature members as much as possible and love to promote handmade as it is a HUGE part of our lifestyle both with crafts and doing for ourselves around our house.  As long as you are here every so often and comment occasionally your ad will remain; there is no set number of posts I am looking for, just as much participation as your time allows.

Offline handcrafts

• View Profile
    • handmade earrings and crochet
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2009, 02:44:11 PM »
thanks here is an idea if someone places an ad and doesn't sign in for say 1 week or 2 take thier ad off or notify them by e-mail just a suggestion you're the pros and you are doing a wonderful job at it :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 03:08:31 PM by handcrafts »

Offline CalcedoniaDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6676942
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2009, 03:16:36 PM »
 :) sounds good to me

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2009, 04:03:05 PM »
thanks here is an idea if someone places an ad and doesn't sign in for say 1 week or 2 take thier ad off or notify them by e-mail just a suggestion you're the pros and you are doing a wonderful job at it :)

I am going to take it on a case by case basis.  I know some people personally are going through a rough patch and I understand that...Lord knows that it has happened to me before.  Like I said, I won't put posting requirements or log in time minimums on it, but it is pretty easy to tell who is interested in our cause of promoting handmade and who is not. 

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »
Sorry boss, I didn't even notice it was short when I saw it earlier  :P
Otherwise I woulda been on it like a duck on a june bug.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »
Thanks I fixed it although I'd be interested in seeing a duck on a june bug ;D

Jeanne

« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »
Thanks I fixed it although I'd be interested in seeing a duck on a june bug ;D

Ask and you shall receive....

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2009, 07:54:47 PM »
That is one messed up duck :P

charmimsy

« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2009, 01:40:34 AM »
Sorry I missed on the conversation about my ad being too short. Is it OK now? Was it fixable or do I need to have seedlingsjewelry help me out? Thanks for the offer to help too seedlingsjewelry. I could sure use it with my craft supply shop.

Again, sorry I was not available to respond today. Just one of those Mondays  :-X Ugh!

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2009, 11:16:27 AM »
Charmimsy, looks like it got fixed so no worries.   ^-^

And everybody has either been posting ads they made (or had made) or if you have a nice photo, I can make you a very simple one (non-animated).

charmimsy

« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2009, 12:54:25 PM »
OK, I worked on this all morning! This is the 125 x 125 final for the Charmimsy shop ad. It is going to look a lot better up on the ad page with my shop logo name and colors of my shop banner. Not perfect but took a couple hours this morning to figure it out. Hope this works:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:03:27 PM by charmimsy »

charmimsy

« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2009, 12:56:51 PM »
Like I said, not perfect but it is bright and cheery and when they click on it they will get the same logo and colors in my shop.

thanks for your patience in this matter

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2009, 07:31:37 PM »
Ok charmimsy I fixed your ad so your good to go!

There is still one more spot open in the 15th box so if anyone wants it come get it.

Now i will be gone for the next 5 days so if the ad rotation gets messed up don't get too mad at me, I'll do what I can do. I'll have my laptop and  an air card and try to get to it but it will be sparatic at best and frankly will not be my first priority as we will be on our family vacation and trust me I need it. ;D

charmimsy

« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »
Thank you so much for getting my ad fixed up. Have a fantastic vacation, you all deserve it  :D