Author Topic: Featured Member Ad  (Read 151354 times)

charmimsy

Re: Featured Member Ad
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2009, 05:49:06 PM »
I forgot to add my note of thanks for doing all this work for all of us in the handmade movement. Don't know how you do it. Amazing!

Charmimsy
'Tis Charmed, my handmade creations

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2009, 06:09:46 PM »
Caught up to here your 2nd ad in the 15th box, all ads are also posted here http://handmadeartistsforum.com/members-shops/

Just a reminder to all who participate, we do the featured ads for free for the betterment of our members businesses all we ask in return is that you post our badge on your blog or website and participate in the forum.

Mrs. MBOI and I were talking this morning about how to handle this as some of the ads we are running for free are for non-participating members, this is troublesome as it has taken a lot of work to keep up with this. So all I'm asking is to keep up your side of the deal and I'll keep up mine so that I feel we aren't being taken advantage of.

As the summer moves on Mrs.MBOI is going to go through the ads and check sites to make sure the featured members that are in the free advertising program have placed the badge on their site if possible and have been participating in the forum. Those who have not been participating and or have not put the badge on their site will be removed from the rotation and are more than welcome to adveertise on the forum through project wonderful.

We are not trying to mean, just fair, as those who participate in the forum will have to wait longer for their shot at a little extra free publicity while the ones who don't participate get it for nothing.

I hope I made sense just trying to keep this thing fair, and I hope you guys would agree.
Respectfully,
Andrew

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2009, 06:24:49 PM »
Aye, I think you've been exceptionally fair with offering this regardless so as long as you've asked folks to do something in return and they aren't holding up that end, I think you've every right to take them out of rotation.

Jeanne

« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2009, 06:30:33 PM »
Andrew...

You are more than fair...don't apologize for doing what you have to.  More often than not, sorry if I offend anyone..., those who don't participate, only see this group as a way to get free advertising and free advice.  If you have to be harsh and we all know you HATE conflict, then just do it.  If people know you are serious, maybe they will think twice about taking advantage you and the others who are trying so hard to promote their businesses.  Make them work for it, I say.   :police:

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2009, 06:32:44 PM »
Aye, I think you've been exceptionally fair with offering this regardless so as long as you've asked folks to do something in return and they aren't holding up that end, I think you've every right to take them out of rotation.

Thanks for the support guys.  We were trying to be careful about how to word it without offending.  So many people have posted, twittered, blogged or put up the badge that it really helps; but I feel bad that those people have had to wait longer to get the free ad space behind those that popped in, signed up, dropped a badge and were never heard from again.

Offline CalcedoniaDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6676942
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2009, 06:46:15 PM »
It's fair. I have been waiting for a day that the sun is out to take new pictures.  It has rained here for 19 days out of 21. I was told my pictures are to dark. So when I do that I will put the hand made artists logo up... :
) :)

charmimsy

« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2009, 06:49:46 PM »
I signed up not too long ago and am just now reading all the information about your site and what you do. I did an email clean-up today so found you. I have been so busy with re-doing my tags for better SEO on Etsy and starting one ArtFire Studio I have not had a chance to really be a part of this site yet. I just read your post and now I feel really guilty about just adding my ads because maybe I can't post very often but I did put your badge on my blog and will # you on twitter. If you want you can take me off the advertising. I just resized my ad for my supply shop but guess I best not add it on top of the other ad for my handcrafts. Just got so excited about a chance to improve my SEO I forgot about looking into what you expect. I sure do not want to be accused of abusing your help. I cannot promise too much posting, is all I am saying. So, how much posting is required to be not thought of in a negative way here. I would rather not sign up than feel like a sponge.

Any guidance and honesty would be greatly appreciated here.

Charmimsy
'Tis Charmed

Jeanne

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2009, 07:00:03 PM »
I signed up not too long ago and am just now reading all the information about your site and what you do. I did an email clean-up today so found you. I have been so busy with re-doing my tags for better SEO on Etsy and starting one ArtFire Studio I have not had a chance to really be a part of this site yet. I just read your post and now I feel really guilty about just adding my ads because maybe I can't post very often but I did put your badge on my blog and will # you on twitter. If you want you can take me off the advertising. I just resized my ad for my supply shop but guess I best not add it on top of the other ad for my handcrafts. Just got so excited about a chance to improve my SEO I forgot about looking into what you expect. I sure do not want to be accused of abusing your help. I cannot promise too much posting, is all I am saying. So, how much posting is required to be not thought of in a negative way here. I would rather not sign up than feel like a sponge.

Any guidance and honesty would be greatly appreciated here.

Charmimsy
'Tis Charmed
But you asked...and read...that should count...I applaud you even being concerned. 

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2009, 07:05:29 PM »
Thank you guys for all the kind words we try very hard to do our part to support this handmade movement. But it takes time and money to support, that's one reason why I put the donation button up to help ease the financial burden.

Please let me clarify what we expect in return for the free member ads.
One is the badge, if you can, I know that you can't put it on Etsy and probably not on Artfire, but you can put it on a blog or website. If you can't no problem just participate.

By participate I mean post every now and then, tweet a little, stumble a little, give some advise to a newbie, write a blog post, submit your pretties, just be a  part of the family.

I don't want to say that you need to post once a week to be considered as participating, you know your motives. As Mrs. MBOI goes through the list she will try to contact the members that are not participating and give them an option to do so or their ad will be removed.

Chances are if your reading this then you are participating and it's not an issue. ;

Charmimsy
'Tis Charmed you posted while I was replying your fine I'm not going to put a limit on posting, people get busy and I understand. Just a little help like you said you are doing is fine. I'm talking about people that signed up a month ago don't post and shoved their ad up there. We don't want to be taken advantage of blatantly.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2009, 07:15:08 PM »

We don't want to be taken advantage of blatantly.

:P  Right, if you are going to take advantage don't do it blatently  :P

Charmed, I have a lot going on in my life as well and certainly understand.  I will use my judgement and give everyone a quick email if I feel that they are just posting a badge and running.  For the most part, there are only a few that I can think of right off that signed up, added their badge and have not been heard from since.

charmimsy

« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2009, 07:23:46 PM »
Awesome! And I think we can add our badge to ArtFire. I will do my best to take part. I truly believe in what your are doing here. And I can also make a donation next month to help out.

Do you allow two ads if a person has two different types of shops? Here is my supply shop if you do. If not I perfectly understand. Now I am going to browse around your site here and see what other wonderful things you have here.

http://charmimsy.etsy.com
http://charmimsychats.blogspot.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »
I added you second ad, I will only accept second ads for two distinctly different shops like your situation. I not going to put and ad for someones Etsy and then someones artfire. So now you have to do twice the work LOL ;D

Anyway if  someone has two distinct shops I'll put it up but at least one needs to be handmade, then the other can be supplies such as charmisy's situation. I'm ok supporting our members supply shops because our members need supplies and it would be great if we buy from each other now and then.

So note to self, I'm caught up to here, there is one more spot left in the 15th box and you can see all the ads here http://handmadeartistsforum.com/members-shops/ 24/7

charmimsy

« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2009, 10:47:42 PM »

http://www.charmimsy.etsy.com

I am sorry to ask this but I would like to replace my last ad with this one in hopes the wording is more legible. I have done these myself so it is kind of a non computer person's try at being a graphic artist. I hope to be able to get a professional job done on this shops graphics soon, like I did the other shop, Tis Charmed. Until then I have to at least be able to read the words, I hope :-[  I hope this is not too much of a bother. I really appreciate it. And if is not better than I won't bother with it again until I get someone to do it for me.

Thank You  :)

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2009, 04:10:31 AM »
Charmimsy, I think it looks pretty good, is definitely readable. Just let me know if you need any help with graphics stuff though.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2009, 06:01:55 AM »
charmimsy I changed your ad but it is too short it needs to be 125x125 maybe seedlings could help you as she offered to.