Author Topic: Continuous PM problems!  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
Continuous PM problems!
« on: July 31, 2009, 10:32:48 PM »
Is anyone else having problems with their messages? At first when I tried to reply, or send a new message, I'd get the 'internet explorer' error page, but I could hit the back button and the new message page would come up. Now, for the last couple of days when I click on 'reply' 'quote' 'new message' or even go to a member's profile and try to send a message from there, all I'm getting is a blank forum page.

I know some were having problems because of upgrading to IE8, but I'm still using IE7. Had to wait a few hours last night before it finally worked for me, and today I haven't been able to send out any messages since I came online around 4-5pm. Is there another update for the forum that we need to do? Anyone else having problems?

Offline Heathr03

• View Profile
Re: Continuous PM problems!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:21:33 PM »
YES! haven't been able to send pm although I was able to send you
e-mails (did you get them?)Quite a few times in the last 36 hours, trying to send a pm would freeze the page and I had to exit completely.

I don't know which IE i'm using, DH is the computer expert and we're on opposite shifts so it'll be a couple days...

It's a little unnerving. I pull names for "Spread the Love" on the weekend and I like to notify them so they have time to get their shops ready..
Heather - HAF Etsy Street Team Promotions Chair
Blog: www.heathershaven2.blogspot.com
Etsy: www.heathershaven.etsy.com

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 12:01:56 AM »
YES! haven't been able to send pm although I was able to send you
e-mails (did you get them?)

I haven't checked my outside email yet-been popping on and off the computer all evening! I'll send you a reply from there if I got it.

I don't know which IE i'm using, DH is the computer expert and we're on opposite shifts so it'll be a couple days...

At the top of your IE page, click on 'help', then 'about internet explorer' and a popup window will come up telling you the version of IE you're using.

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 12:06:36 AM »
Oh good grief!!! I just tried my pm's here and now it's letting me reply to a message-UH OH-probably shouldn't speak too soon-now it'll probably stop working again!!!

I don't have much faith though, I'm figuring the problem will rear it's ugly head again tonight, or tomorrow, or......

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 03:51:36 AM »
Yeah - I am having that problem with IE - pretty much using Firefox when on the forum -

Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 09:31:04 AM »
Sorry guys I've checked with our tech person about this and it's IE 8 that is the culprit I believe I don't know what else it is. I don't believe its on our end. As lisian said I use firefox. Honestly I haven't used IE for months as soon as I started using firefox I haven't looked back it's much better than IE in my opinion

Offline Heathr03

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 07:52:08 PM »
At the top of your IE page, click on 'help', then 'about internet explorer' and a popup window will come up telling you the version of IE you're using.

Oh! *snickers* i learn something everyday - yes we have IE8 but apparently, we also have firefox. *learned two somethings today!*
Hubby warned of lower security features on firefox but at least I can send messages now!

Thanks for the help!
Heather - HAF Etsy Street Team Promotions Chair
Blog: www.heathershaven2.blogspot.com
Etsy: www.heathershaven.etsy.com

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 03:42:13 AM »
I'm using IE7!!! What the heck? Well, since I again can't send pm's, Andrew, Kris, and Heather-Heather's article on the blog is scheduled for today-8-2 at noon.  ;D

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 08:04:07 PM »
Ok, I'm still using IE7, but having the same problems as those using IE8, so I've downloaded Firefox, and will use that for my messages on the forum. So far, problem solved!  ;D

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 10:56:30 PM »
sorry manic :(