Author Topic: Business Cards  (Read 6488 times)

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
Business Cards
« on: July 25, 2009, 06:24:17 PM »
I'm going to purchase some business cards, and I've been messing around on a site with a design, and would like some input, suggestions, etc...on the design so far. My daughter says she loves it the way it is, but of course she'd say that no matter how it looked!!  ;D 

Someone mentioned that I should have a contact phone number on it, but I'm not really comfortable with putting my home telephone number on it, since I don't have a 'business' number. What do you think? Is that an extremely important thing to include? Or should the email address be enough? Give me ideas and input everyone-and thank you!!  ;D

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: Business Cards
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »
I love it!  Of course my business card is also dark so maybe that is what I like about it.

I don't think you have to have a phone number as long as there is a way to contact you.  Mine has a number but most still contact me via email.

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 11:18:44 PM »
Thanks Kim! Yes I like the dark also-and I tend to be a little 'out there' sometimes in my style. I had a guy tell me he thought it was 'too busy', but I didn't put anything on it other than what you'd normally find on a business card. Thanks for the input!

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »
Suzanne - I think it's very nice looking and not too busy - and I probably wouldn't put my phone # on a business card - in fact I don't have it on my cards - I don't even my email address on them!  Just my artfire shop.  I can always write it on there if I'm giving it to someone I know or meet in person  - but when they are sort of going out in general - as long as you have your email and your web site on it - that should be good! You can always give the person your ph # after they contact you if you both feel the need to discuss it over the phone - which I can certainly understand might need to happen if doing a custom piece -
I think it looks very elegant - sort of like your jewelry!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 12:41:40 AM »
Thank you Kris!!  ;D

Offline Gingerkitty

• View Profile
    • Gingerkittydesigns
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 11:26:47 AM »
Looks fabulous!  Go for it :)  No need for a phone number.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 09:40:58 PM »
There's one problem with not putting a non-web-based contact method on a business card. You have the potential if doing in person shows - to lose business because some people aren't comfy with doing commerce online. For this area that's most people. If i didn't have a phone # (my cell # in my case) on my business cards I can tell you I would've lost at least 20 customers because they either don't feel comfy enough doing business online, would rather do business in person, or don't have internet (around here that's a LOT of people).

That's the only reason I can give for making sure you have some form of a phone #; even if you only get a pay as you go cell phone just for your business like tracfone or a pre-paid verizon cell etc.
I agree with frawg, around here it's the norm to hear people say they don't even have a computer... or they only play solitare on their computer :-\

Offline UnaTiaEspecial

• Handmade Jewelry and Crafts
    • View Profile
    • Una Tia Especial
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »
I love the design! 

I also don't have my phone number on my business card.  I've contemplated getting a dedicated cell phone for it, but until the business really takes off, I can't justify it for now.

I don't sell much face to face and those who do buy in person are usually friends, who already have my number.  LOL

Offline girliesbling

• Love making jewelry and Decorative painting
    • View Profile
    • Girlie's Bling & Things
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 07:28:09 AM »
I think your business card is very CLASSY!  I love it.  And I agree, I personally think a phone number on a business card is important.  But again, love love love the design!

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 07:22:31 PM »
Somebody might have covered this but you could always just handwrite your number on the back if it was something you really wanted somebody to have.

I have a secondary business card from one of the Vista print designs that I pass out like crazy in situations where I'm just trying to get info out there but this is the one I use mostly (I designed it).

Offline CalcedoniaDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6676942
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 06:01:04 AM »
Do you print these business cards yourself?  or do you send them out to be printed. 

Offline CalcedoniaDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6676942
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 01:30:23 PM »
 :) thanks for all the info... I hope your hubby wasnt' to upset... Wouldn't it be great if our hobby could be our job...sigh

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 04:07:50 PM »
Thank you everyone for all your wonderful input!! Wow I've been absent from the forum for way too long!

As far as putting my phone number on the card, I decided I'd prefer to write it on the back if someone should ask for it. Due to disabilities I'm unable to get out much and unfortunately I cannot do shows or other events to sell my jewelry-so I'm limited to word of mouth, friends, and the internet.

Thank you again to everyone for your wonderful thoughts and information!
Suzanne