Author Topic: I am fearless!  (Read 3091 times)

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
I am fearless!
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:36:30 AM »
And I would love the critique, you can never have enough eyes checking for improvements.

There are so many creative folks here, I know I will get good advice, critique away!
On Both please?

#1 http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/NancysWildWireArt

#2 http://handmadeartists.com/shop/ArtbyNancyPace

Ok fire away!

MarilynKelleyArt

Re: I am fearless!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:59:02 AM »
Found it, Nancy! I've never seen this topic before! lol  I haven't sold anything here either, so probably not one to give a critique.  I absolutely love your jewelry!

In your art shop, I would fill in the Announcement for buyers, maybe using some keywords pertaining to your art. The only other thing I see is that you have several shop sections that don't have anything in them.  Hoping the other ladies might give you a suggestion on that.  I always like to have something in each of my shop categories. As a buyer, I'm disappointed when I like someone's shop, but they have shop sections that are empty. 

That's all I've got!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »
Nancy, I only had a look at your jewelry shop so far and the only thing I can say as a buyer I like to see a piece of jewelry on a form or something like that so I can get a visual as to how long a necklace lays or even how large the stone or focal part is relative to the neck and while i LOVE the background you use maybe get one of your photos on a more plain background (black? White?) Also, I like to learn more about a stone that is used, like where it is from or any other cool info.
How's that?  ;)

This is what I was talking about in case I failed in the terminology part above! http://www.storesupply.com/pc-12654-987-adjustable-necklace-bust-black-velvet-55371.aspx

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »
Hi, Nancy! 

I am not a jewelry person...  I rarely wear anything beyond my wedding rings.  So I looked at your art shop.  I love the stories behind the artist and would love to see more in your bio.

I also looked at several of your items which drew me in and was left wanting for more views of each.  I understand how challenging it is to take more than one picture of a painting or print.  Perhaps a photo of it in a frame (mention the frame is not included, of course).  It's nice to see a painting hung or on an easel so the viewer can get some context.  Maybe a close up to see the detail in the brushwork.

I am not an SEO guru, but it's my understanding that your title and first couple of sentences are what gets crawled for search engines.  If that's true, your descriptions need to be reorganized.  Love the poetry with your work, but it doesn't give search engines the gist of what you are offering.

Hope this helps!

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 01:47:50 PM »
I am so excited to implement the suggestions ladies! You are just wonderful! thank you so much:)
 Marilyn, I Do need that announcement filled in! I really got ahead of myself with the sections, I am going to delete the ones I have not added too,until I actually fill them, thank you Ma'am :-*

Andrea, I should definitely give more info about the stones, I missed that because I know all that and assumed everyone who was into gemstone jewelry knew too :-[ Extra pics always helps:) I don't have a form to use but I will see what I can do about that. You gave me great advice, thank you so much!

IKnit, I have done a couple of framed pics just recently and added them, But you are so on target about more views , and I love the bio idea, I will try to get all this implemented as soon as I can, thank so much for your time, great advice!

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
In my Art by Nancy shop I have all my current listings updated with more shots of each listing, I filled in my announcement, and I wrote a bio, what a lot of work, but I feel it will really help me, I am so glad you all were willing to help me:) Thanks so much!
Now I am going to list several paintings to fill it out more.

I will tackle My WildWire shop next week, and come back for a report:)