Author Topic: someone claims they bought from me, but I can't find any evidence of it  (Read 4864 times)

Offline PrimarilyPracticalKnits

• View Profile
    • Primarily Practical Knits
I don't know if this is spam/phishing, or if something went wrong with their order.  I got this email a few minutes ago:
From : ufpugcafi1987 To : PrimarilyPracticalKnits 2017-07-27 - 15:50:53
Hello 
 Hi dear seller about a few days ago,I bought your stuff, but I still do not get this position in my account, although i have  this transaction in my paypal account.I wrote message handmadeartists client support, they advised me to contact you attached a screenshots of my paypaland handmadeartists accounts. Here are screenshots in zip-archive: http://handmadeartists-support.com/screenshots.phpPlease help me understand about the situation.

I responded politely, and will see if I hear anything more:
I'm sorry, I can't open the zip-archive you sent me.  I tried several times with no luck.
I went to my PayPal account and didn't see any payments that I haven't already responded to.  I also checked my handmadeartists account and I don't see any orders that I haven't already fulfilled.
Something went wrong with your order but I have no way of fixing it from my end.  I hope you can figure it out.  I will be away for the next couple of days but when I get back I'll look to see if there's any news from you.
Good luck!  I appreciate your interest.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Scam.  I got the same thing.  EVERYONE please ignore it, do not respond, and DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK.

Offline settiano

• View Profile
Scam?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
hello
My store has been empty for years.
Today I received the convo below.
I have no intention of opening these files and my paypal indicates no payments that I had not expected. I'm a little concerned about the handmade artists support comment but I doubt that this is anything but another scam.
[/size]Any thoughts?
[/size]
[/size]Hi 
[/size]
[/size] Hi dear seller about couple days ago,I bought your stuff, but I still do not get this position in my account, although i have  this transaction in my paypal account.I wrote message Handmadeartists customer support, they advised me to contact you attached a screenshots of my PayPaland Handmadeartists accounts. Here are screenshots in zip-archive: http://handmadeartists-support.com/screenshots.php Please help me understand about the situation.
[/size]
[/size]

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Also, I just realized the exact same message came to BOTH of my shops, from two different alleged senders (the usernames are not in the members list; they're autogenerated somehow)...

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Scam?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 11:35:02 AM »
Yes, this is already being discussed in site support.  EVERY SHOP got this same message from some scammer, with each one having a different autogenerated sender name.  I have two shops, and got one in each, see below...

Offline settiano

• View Profile
Re: Scam?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 11:38:37 AM »
Larissa,
THANK YOU!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
I just got 2 of these messages today. Each using a different email address. I would love to know how they "bought stuff" from my shop when there is nothing in it.

torrsompalo1972 and taibundegas1973 are what they used. Phishing in a huge way!!!! DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THEIR EMAILS!!! You will be sorry.

Offline deakna

• View Profile
I also received this.  thanks for posting it was a scam so I don't further work on it.  I was baffled.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Working on it, they created like 20 or 30 accounts. So busy deleting now

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks like the messages were sent through the forum pm system, so I changed the permissions on the forum to be more strict so this shouldn't happen in the future.
Thanks for the help guys

Offline KerrisKustoms

• View Profile
Glad I have crazy protection on my computer and that I came to the forums. Thanks PrimarilyPracticalKnits for starting this thread!

Chainmaille, the user who send mine was ollahealcorn1988 if you hadn't caught that one yet.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Got it, there were about 20-30 spam accounts created. So I believe  i got them all

Offline mejArt

• View Profile

I got this today too... thank you for posting it as a scam, I deleted the email. >:(

Hello dear seller about couple days ago,I bought your stuff,
 but I still do not have this position in my account,
 although i have  this transaction in my paypal account.
I wrote message Handmadeartists customer support,
they advised me to contact you attached a screenshots of my paypaland Handmadeartists accounts.
 Here are screenshots in zip-archive: http://handmadeartists-support.com/screenshots.php
Please help me understand about the situation.

Offline mejArt

• View Profile

I got this today too... thank you for posting it as a scam, I deleted the email. >:(

Hello dear seller about couple days ago,I bought your stuff,
 but I still do not have this position in my account,
 although i have  this transaction in my paypal account.
I wrote message Handmadeartists customer support,
they advised me to contact you attached a screenshots of my paypaland Handmadeartists accounts.
 Here are screenshots in zip-archive: http://handmadeartists-support.com/screenshots.php
Please help me understand about the situation.

And by the way, I caught this because the notification that I had a message from handmade artist was sent to my spam folder on my Gmail... the sender is nsadofunin1974

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Re: someone claims they bought from me, but I can't find any evidence of it
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 01:53:58 PM »
Good  grief!  I  got  the   same  thing....  I  didn't  realize  it  was  being  sent  to   a crowd   of  people.....
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18