Author Topic: Closing Shop  (Read 72 times)

Offline LiveOakStudios

• View Profile
    • Live Oak Studios
Closing Shop
« on: April 19, 2017, 06:04:31 AM »
Well I gave it 15 months and with so little traffic on this site I finally have to just look elsewhere.

I've come to believe that Handmade Artist is for people looking for a way to have a website to send their friends & such to, NOT a place with a lot of activity for selling to people you don't bring there yourself.

I do have my own dedicated website, so no need for the extra monthly charge & another website.

Good Luck to everyone ,
Patty
Live Oak Studios

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
Re: Closing Shop
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
Well I gave it 15 months and with so little traffic on this site I finally have to just look elsewhere.

I've come to believe that Handmade Artist is for people looking for a way to have a website to send their friends & such to, NOT a place with a lot of activity for selling to people you don't bring there yourself.

I do have my own dedicated website, so no need for the extra monthly charge & another website.

Good Luck to everyone ,
Patty
Live Oak Studios

I think you do have a point there.

The owners used to be a lot more active in earlier years and wanted this site to become - their quote - " the Tiffany of handmade".
That seems to have come and gone sadly; and a shop seems to be just parked here. I understand I have to promote my shop and wares everywhere myself, but it used to be that the owners helped a lot to get our wares out there. It's fallen by the wayside. 

It's Ok, I seem to have to set up my own website soon too, in the meantime, it will be parked here until I am ready with my website.
Wishing you the very best in your endeavors.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:09:33 AM »
I  think,  possibly,   the  admins   have   other  jobs  and  family responsibilities like  many  on  here.   I  am  the  only  one  I  know  about  who  gets  to  sit  on  my  duff  all  day.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 05:13:12 AM »
We do what we can do, not sure if that is good enough, but it is. Regardless of whether we post or lot, we are always involved. However when someone doesn't sell they need someone to blame, so I guess that is me or us. I'm ok with that to some extent. There are so many variables to selling online that you never really know what the issue is. Anyway, I'll just keep trudging ;)