Author Topic: This Place  (Read 5558 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
This Place
« on: July 08, 2015, 04:03:48 PM »
In light of recent posts, I've been reflecting a bit, and of course getting kind of sappy.  I've been thinking about the people who've come & gone, and December of 2009, when *I* was the newbie, bopping on in to an established community here.  I'm thinking about all the news, support, laughter, sorrow, creativity, cheering sections, happiness, gain, and loss we've had among us.  I've never met the majority of you, and likely never will meet many of you.  And yet... and yet... you're my good friends.  I don't know what my life would be like had I never found you, but I know I'd miss each of you if I lost you now.  My life without HAF at this point would have a huge hole, even on those days and weeks when I haven't taken the time to be here posting.

Just wanted to say thanks, for everything.  For pushing, cheering, supporting, sympathizing, and being you.  You guys are awesome, even the ones who aren't here nearly enough.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: This Place
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »
 :-*     I think many of us who have been here for a good long time (and maybe not so long) have bonded with each other. I know I consider most people that I know here my friends, no matter what. That's what friends do, accept the person, the WHOLE person. You've got a friend in me. Awe, go ahead! You KNOW you want to sing the song! ;D

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 05:47:49 PM »
I have been here since 2011 and have met a lot of nice people.  This is what a community is supposed to be.  I haven't posted much lately, but I check the forum everyday.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »
I too came in 2011,,,gosh has it been that long....you are all my buddies,  my pals, my friends, my huggers, yes Larissa it can get sappy and that's ok, you know....shed a few. I consider myself a friend to all of you (((((hugs)))))

:-[ :-*

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 10:10:50 PM »
Aw....I haven't been here as long as you guys/gals, but hugs to ((everyone))

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 10:56:38 PM »
I've been here for several years  and feel a real close  kinship  to the people here.   We all have families and friends we see every day but it's nice to visit in my robe while having my coffee.  I really appreciate  all that  goes on here.   Kudos  and thank yous  to all the admins.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 10:25:37 AM »
I had to check, I registered here in 2011 too. Pretty special friends here. I come and go like the wind the last year or so but it's so easy to pop in and feel the love, like I'd never been wayward.

Offline popartballons

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 05:06:13 PM »
even the small amount of users on the forums makes it feel a bit special here.
I was half worried that opening this thread would reveal an addiction ad ;D

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 05:35:48 PM »
Well, I'm addicted to HAF!

Offline popartballons

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 05:53:15 PM »
This Place....

enabled me
taught me
welcomed me

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »
Came here way back in 2009! It's a special place that's for sure.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 05:59:14 PM »
Well I'd like to say thanks, it is the people that make the place, so thank yourselves for a job well done. :laugh:

Offline Kirameku

• View Profile
    • Kirameku - Funky, sparkling and affordable jewlery & artwork
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »
Hi Larissa!
Well, I've been in and out because of my crazy life and I will miss your company and great tips!
Whatever you are doing next, I'm wishing you the best of luck! I'm sure you will find some other awesome people to connect with :)
Hugs my dear!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 05:47:05 PM »
I have been so busy that I didn't see this thread until just now!  My profile says that I found HAF in April of 2010!  Time flies....  I just love this forum.  No matter WHAT you write - and it could be in relation to anything at all - not one person will attack you over it.  We've had threads here where there were lots of differences of opinion - but that's all they were - differences.  Everyone here is okay with the fact that we are ALL different.  I tend to believe that the differences are what makes life interesting.  But it's the lack of hostility that truly makes this a community....  a community full of my friends!

Thanks to all of you, and HandmadeArtists, for being a place where I can always find kindred spirits, whether we completely agree or not!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 06:36:55 AM »
Thanks Sandi, we try!