Author Topic: Promoting through Google+  (Read 20103 times)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Promoting through Google+
« on: February 27, 2015, 03:57:09 PM »
I'm fairly certain I mentioned that I had been promoting the site through individual shops and Google+.

What I've done is using the Buy button at the top of the page, I click that, and then to search by seller. I started at the end of the listings and have been choosing 5 shops each day. I go to their home page and use the Google+ button on the far left bottom. It's right next to the Facebook one. I'm trying to write something interesting about each shop I choose and use hashtags at the end. The hashtags have been mostly #handmade #handmade gifts, and I've created one #handmade_artists. I also choose ones that apply to that particular shops products.
I'm hoping if you see this stuff that you will share it with your circles, that way we get more exposure.  IF a bunch of us do this I think it will go along way to boosting visits to the site. It only takes a few minutes to do.  ;)

myeuropeantouch

Re: Promoting through Google+
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 08:32:46 PM »
Been doing, doing Teresa and I thank you too..... :D

when I did a google search my shop is finally found and sometimes on the front page, as I use a lot more tags ......

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 07:55:48 AM »
Been doing, doing Teresa and I thank you too..... :D

when I did a google search my shop is finally found and sometimes on the front page, as I use a lot more tags ......

I know you have since we seem to be +1 each others things almost daily! It would be great to get some more people on board and share the posts. We all have different people in our circles and that alone would give so much more exposure.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 08:54:58 AM »
If everyone did what you do, we would be in great shape.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 11:29:09 AM »
Or even just a few. ::)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:54:37 PM »
You are so right and I know how you feel since there are many times I've promoted or even written articles and gotten no response from that person.  Makes me sad to say the least.  Oh well, do the next right thing no matter what the others are doing.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 06:04:46 PM »
You're right Kimberly. Just keep on plugging away and do what you feel is right. I guess when someone actually does respond it makes all the ones who didn't just disappear.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 10:03:50 AM »
Yes it does, but believe me I understand your frustration.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 11:31:33 AM »
Shared a bunch more shops today. I really hope some of these shops step up their game. No avatar, no banner, very few items. I pass over these since it apparent to me they don't care. Mind you, I am using the buy list and started at the END of the list, so I'm hitting shops that have been around for a good bit. It's also rather disappointing the amount of shops that have nothing in them. :(

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 12:39:10 PM »
Teresa, thank you for the extra special love today..... :) :-*

You know I am almost really ticked off, I mean, why do all these shops think they deserve my time to promote them and don't even care nor reciprocate.

I have a real problem with that issue. I sure have promoted everyone on this site thru my years here, but I am getting tired of the attitude the promoted shops show.
I don't care, gimme, gimme and I just leave my shop and don't show up for nothing.....

Had to vent...sorry....admire your tenacity to keep going and get nothing in return....
You are on my list tomorrow..... ;) :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:41:07 PM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 12:46:24 PM »
Thanks Monika. I am really just trying to get the general public to notice the site more and come by to shop. I figure it's better to promote a bunch of different shops instead of just mine. No on likes to be hit over the head or spammed by the same shop a zillion times a day. In fact, I tend to overlook them for that very reason. There is a fine line between promoting and spamming.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 02:48:14 PM »
Thanks Monika. I am really just trying to get the general public to notice the site more and come by to shop. I figure it's better to promote a bunch of different shops instead of just mine. No on likes to be hit over the head or spammed by the same shop a zillion times a day. In fact, I tend to overlook them for that very reason. There is a fine line between promoting and spamming.

I know that Teresa, it still urks me that this is such a "me" society and  no one (hardly no one) seems to think that we are "better together".....if we do all the same work!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 04:06:40 PM »
I know. It was a constant battle when I had my store too. People griped about no sales, yet many did not shop at the store themselves nor did they refer people to the store. Yet it was my fault that they didn't sell. I REALLY understand now how Kimberly and Andrew feel. You have to just let it roll off your back or you'll go crazy.  :-\

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 06:29:22 PM »
I've continued to promote several shops each day. I am down to the last dozen pages. I don't know if this has helped anyone, but I'm sure it didn't hurt. ;)

Offline MarilynKelleyDesigns

• View Profile
    • Marilyn Kelley Designs
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 04:52:32 AM »
I have to admit that I don't really do anything with Google+.  It already seems like I spend so much time promoting on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook, plus my website and blog.  I'll set my G+ up today and try and help with promoting HA, Teresa.  I think maybe the key is to set aside a certain amount of time to promote each day and then "step away from the computer! ".   :)   I can easily go to Pinterest and not leave for 2 hours.