Author Topic: HAS didn't make the list.  (Read 2643 times)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
HAS didn't make the list.
« on: February 08, 2015, 09:57:10 AM »
I saw this article mentioned on FB this morning and wanted to share it with everyone. Something we ALL need to work on I think.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abu/y215/m02/abu0375/s02

Offline Jeanne

• View Profile
Re: HAS didn't make the list.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »
Artfire didn't either.  Skewed?

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 03:56:19 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised Jeanne. Many of the ones that are on that list I have not heard great things about. Go figure.

We need to let our secret out though so we get more traffic in general.

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 02:25:03 AM »
Nor did other big advertisers on television:

Overstock
No More Rack
Zappos

Even with that, Ms. Rusk is completely correct, we must promote our group site.  I am very poor at posting and blogging, but I vow to improve this year.  Every "vendor" on HAS needs to promote with links on Facebook, Blogger, Pinterest, It's Better Handmade.  Remember, don't cut/paste what you put on one site to the others, the search engines see repitition and categorize this as spam and disregard your posts.
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 02:09:17 PM »
I'm not going to disagree that we need joint effort with group promotion. We've been listed on that site in the past http://www.ecommercebytes.com/R/R/chart.pl?SD&101600&Fixed_Price_Marketplaces&Handmade%20Artists%27 is one article.
I wouldn't put what they say there as gospel, I'm assuming they just chose a few sites and contacted them directly. I doubt there was much of a poll.

Saying all that, regardless, they still get traffic. When we were listed there before we got several hits from there.

I wish there was a magic button to push to get traffic and recognition, unfortunately there is not. So any and all help with promotion is greatly appreciated. I don't know how to get the rest of the members here on board. They like to post and run I guess

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 04:28:30 PM »
I wish there was a magic button to push to get traffic and recognition, unfortunately there is not. So any and all help with promotion is greatly appreciated. I don't know how to get the rest of the members here on board. They like to post and run I guess   

I think we all wish there was a magic button, wand, whatever. I guess I just hope that maybe this opens up the conversation a bit and maybe motivates people to at least try and promote their shops and the site a little.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »
Andrew and Kimberly,  I am wondering how to promote this site on thriftyfun.com.    It started out   as a  hint and recipe site for  saving money.  It was  started by a single mom with kids to raise by herself.  I have contributed a number of my "stinginess tricks"   Perhaps  one of you could have a look and see whether you want to pursue it.   It is all over the  net.   
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18