Author Topic: Promote Handmade!  (Read 2717 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Promote Handmade!
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:23:03 PM »
Well in just one more effort to get everyone's work noticed we started yet another website!
I know, I know, we are crazy right? Well maybe.  :o
Anyway Kimberly and I were trying to figure out a a way to create like a Handmade Coalition if you will with Handmade Artists, It's Better Handmade and On Fire for Handmade as Anne has been jumping in heavily to help get everyone's name out there.
So Kimberly and I bought http://promotehandmade.com and invited Anne from On Fire for Handmade to be part of the Handmade movement. We figured 3 are better than 1 and who knows we may invite more over time. Right now the promote handmade website is sort of on autopilot. (That's right we are not that crazy :laugh: ) What the website does is automatically pull in blog posts from It's better Handmade, On Fire for Handmade, and Handmade Artists' and publishes them to the blog portion of the site, the posts are linked back to the source. So basically it is automatically generated content about handmade and it sort of links our 3 sites together yet keeps them separate. Just one more place to help people find our respective sites and everyones' products.
We also created a FB Group called Promote Handmade as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/PromoteHandmade/ which everyone is welcome to join and show off your work.

As far as the promote handmade website and it's future, I have no idea where it will end up, but for now we are just going to let it run as nobody has enough time to dedicate a tremendous amount of work on it. We have tons of ideas and little time, but we thought it would be a good idea to create a site where we have the opportunity to promote handmade as a group and create this Handmade Coalition type altruistic movement to help our artists.
Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated and by all means join the FB group if you want. :D

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
Re: Promote Handmade!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 08:37:52 PM »
Working together always produces better results than competing for the same audience.  Keep up the great work Andrew and Kimberly.  I owe y'all a meal, only thing is you have to come here to get it.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline MadeforMebyOaklie

• Oaklie's Fashions
    • View Profile
    • Oaklie's Fashions
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:50:44 PM »
Yep.. crazy but we must love it lol! Thanks for announcing Andrew and here's to hoping we will make this a big success!
 PS..went to dinner and you blew up my email lol! :o
Oaklie's Fashions
Acessories made with You in Mind!

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 01:12:39 AM »
Thanks Andrew, Kimberly and Anne.  Thanks to your tireless efforts, Handmade recognition will gain in prominence.  I went to the FB page and clicked join.  Anything special to do to be part of the  Promote Handmade site?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 07:33:02 AM »
Thanks Andrew, Kimberly and Anne.  Thanks to your tireless efforts, Handmade recognition will gain in prominence.  I went to the FB page and clicked join.  Anything special to do to be part of the  Promote Handmade site?

Right now there is really nothing to do on the promote handmade site, you can comment on posts that's about it. But it is the same content from HAblog, IBH, and Onfire there's really nothing original there yet.
I have some ideas, but for now it really just needs to build on autopilot for awhile

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »
Then that's cool. One place to see everything.

Offline thunderroseleather

• Handmade functional art.
    • View Profile
    • Thunder Rose Leather
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 11:31:57 AM »
What a great idea! Thanks to all of you for all the hard work you do.
 Have a sweet Sunday!
Debbie

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 01:42:38 PM »
Thanks for all you do, I am still fummeling myself through this djungle.... :-\

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »
Andrew can you point me to html code for the badge for Promote Handmade?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 03:01:10 PM »
http://promotehandmade.com/grab-our-badge/  8)

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
http://promotehandmade.com/grab-our-badge/  8)

Thanks for the quick response, but I figured it out and got it.  Just wanted to place it on my blog page and a link on my site.  Thanks again.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 11:59:29 AM »
I've been called crazy many times.....   You get  used to it unless you want to make drastic changes to your behavior.   None of us wants you to do that.   
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18