Author Topic: Denied Paypal Payment  (Read 13671 times)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Denied Paypal Payment
« on: March 18, 2014, 08:19:13 AM »
I was just in my Paypal account and saw that a couple days ago I had a payment from a customer in the UK but it also said that I denied the payment - I didn't deny it, heck, I didn't even know it existed. Anyone have any insight to denied payments? In the years I've been selling I've never had this happen

myeuropeantouch

Re: Denied Paypal Payment
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 08:58:20 AM »
Have you sold any to the UK? Call Paypal...

If you have not sold to the UK, then perhaps someone tried to get into your PP account illegally and PP noticed and protected you and denied that payment. Either way I would call PP....
Sorry Andrea, that's all I can think of to do....

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 09:37:08 AM »
I have sold to the UK several times in the past. I guess I'll phone PP - thank you, Monika!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 12:07:55 PM »
Let us know.  I've never heard of this before.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 12:22:18 PM »
Paypal is going kinda nuts.

New case on my end.....changed my Paypal to my new address in Oct of 2013 and confirmed new address and shipping address.
Have now a second case of Paypal giving the seller from whom I purchased my old address, items were delivered in both cases to my way old address. I am out of my merchandise and out of my money. Just got of the ph with paypal, they are blaming the seller, even though they have my new address and I was told by them that paqypal gave them my old address. I personally deleted my old address from my paypal account in Oct. 2013.

I am getting the runaround....gosh - how I wish we had another method of payment on here.....I am sooooo tired of using paypal and nothing goes right.....

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 03:57:56 PM »
I have never had a problem with paypal.  however, that may also be from small amount of use.  i process a lot more on my own through intuit go payment.  best of luck in getting a good resolution with the pp folk.

john
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 06:02:55 AM »
Alright, here's the deal with me.
If you go into the paypal forums, the issue is talked about all over. It's a paypal Glitch since 2009. Usually it does not affect you, but when you move it will and can. And they don't want/like to admit it.

When I moved I changed my address every where and deleted my old address out of my paypal account- make my new address the home address, accounts connected to it, confirmed as paying and shipping address. So there, all done and everything should be fine and work, right, yes!
NOT SO....
Paypal stores your old address somewhere, where you yourself can't see it and change it. If you order from a site where you don't have your current address entered, like Dillards, JCpenneys etc. and more for example - and then chose to pay with paypal. PAYPAL WILL PROVIDE them with your old address and you are a goner....at check out it will NOT give you an option to check the right address, there are no choices given, like - to click on "ship to this address"....
You, yourself have to look and pay attention at check out which address paypal has pulled and if its wrong, back out and manually put in your correct address.

This has happened now twice to me, once in Dec 2013 and now this time. Both times paypal has refunded my money. So I am good, but PAYPAL will not admit that this is a glitch in their system. On the phone they tried to blame the seller/other party with whom you do not have an address on file when you order. Even though 100's of people are talking about it in the paypal  forums its a glitch at paypal.

So be careful, took me two ph calls to speak with people who are not in good command of the English language - you know what I mean- abroad somewhere (no offense, I am not that good either) and an email to the CEO, when finally someone called me back and reimbursed my funds.

Love to hear what Andrea's experience is in regards......

I still wish we could get another payment provider on the new website..... :D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 10:55:38 AM »
Post Office recovered my package, and - surprise- even they knew about this paypal issue/glitch when I told them the story.
They still should have forwarded my package though, but regardless....they knew....

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 08:45:37 AM »
Well, the problem was on HIS end with Paypal, not mine - he apparently got it worked out because his purchase went through this morning. All is good.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 09:03:57 AM »
Well, the problem was on HIS end with Paypal, not mine - he apparently got it worked out because his purchase went through this morning. All is good.

So glad your prob was a lot easier than mine... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline TXGulfCoastCreations

• Beautifying the world 1 handcrafted item at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 12:20:07 PM »
Just seeing this, and Quoting in the hopes that others will see it. I did a checkout recently on eBay, and THANKFULLY, it notified me that the address was not my PayPal address of record (I realize that is different than your issue, but want to bring both to people's attention), for transaction ease. I've lived here for 5 years, so it never occurred to me that the address would be different, but I was using my original eBay account, not the one I've been using for the shop. It's always good to stop and double check, before clicking enter, just in case. The issue of them storing old addresses somewhere doesn't surprise me at all. I've experienced some PayPal glitches in the past, although I really love using them and having the option to use them. I did use PayPal one time when checking out of Walmart.com, and I don't know if it was a glitch or the account was hacked, because at that time, I was doing a monthly order that was delivered to my house, but the order almost went to someone in Washington state who I didn't even know. Glad these issues were straightened out.

Alright, here's the deal with me.
If you go into the paypal forums, the issue is talked about all over. It's a paypal Glitch since 2009. Usually it does not affect you, but when you move it will and can. And they don't want/like to admit it.

When I moved I changed my address every where and deleted my old address out of my paypal account- make my new address the home address, accounts connected to it, confirmed as paying and shipping address. So there, all done and everything should be fine and work, right, yes!
NOT SO....
Paypal stores your old address somewhere, where you yourself can't see it and change it. If you order from a site where you don't have your current address entered, like Dillards, JCpenneys etc. and more for example - and then chose to pay with paypal. PAYPAL WILL PROVIDE them with your old address and you are a goner....at check out it will NOT give you an option to check the right address, there are no choices given, like - to click on "ship to this address"....
You, yourself have to look and pay attention at check out which address paypal has pulled and if its wrong, back out and manually put in your correct address.

This has happened now twice to me, once in Dec 2013 and now this time. Both times paypal has refunded my money. So I am good, but PAYPAL will not admit that this is a glitch in their system. On the phone they tried to blame the seller/other party with whom you do not have an address on file when you order. Even though 100's of people are talking about it in the paypal  forums its a glitch at paypal.

So be careful, took me two ph calls to speak with people who are not in good command of the English language - you know what I mean- abroad somewhere (no offense, I am not that good either) and an email to the CEO, when finally someone called me back and reimbursed my funds.

Love to hear what Andrea's experience is in regards......

I still wish we could get another payment provider on the new website..... :D