Author Topic: More action needed on this website!.....  (Read 9647 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: More action needed on this website!.....
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 08:32:48 AM »
We do a lot of promoting on social media sites, so the views are real, however just because we try to get people to see your work, doesn't mean we know how to get them to buy. If you figure that out, you'll be a hero.
I guess the point is, if more people promote their own work and the work of others sales will pick up for you. I know views is one thing, and sales are another, but you cannot have a sale without a view.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 06:23:30 PM »
Hey when you figure out how to get people to buy, share it with us  okay?

Being able to express and opinion, idea, etc. here is one of the best qualities of this site and its people. All members are welcome to start topics too, so jump right in!

Offline TheBeadMuse

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 12:44:45 PM »
I love this thread so far. Great ideas from all!
I have been working pretty hard on learning to promote, and came to Handmade Artists during Etsy's transitions to new policies. I didn't agree with their moves, so I left. Over the course of the last 4 years with them, I have gained 76 sales and a handful of trades with other artists.

I have also shelled out a LOT in shop fees and spent money on advertisement with them that appeared to be useless.

So I made the switch to here. There were many more options for selling, but I wanted one that was moderated, and did not allow anything that is not handmade. When I found this forum and group, I realized this was the place.

I focus a bit more on my craftsmanship and artisan jewelry than I do on the advertising side, and that can be a bad thing! :S

I  look forward to a smoother site! I can't wait to see what you folks do with the site design!

Offline Agathalatham

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 04:11:47 PM »
Hey guys! do u have any hashtag in instagram?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 06:49:20 PM »
Just signed up to instagram today, our profile is here http://instagram.com/handmadeartists
Not much there yet

Offline TXGulfCoastCreations

• Beautifying the world 1 handcrafted item at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 12:30:31 PM »
I followed y'all over there. Just opened the account recently and really haven't figured it out yet.  Seems mobile/app driven, which is the best platform for managing my shops, but...the majority of my product pics are not on mobile, so not sure how I'll be using it as far as product/shop promotion. Any tips would be appreciated.

Offline TheBeadMuse

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 12:20:50 PM »
I will join the Instagram hashtag grou... is it #handmadeartists ?

One thing a customer mentioned was that it wasn't easy for him to contact me about an item. I just wanted to toss that in the pot for anyone reading, who was wondering ways to improve for the customers and vendors. I am including my email in listings until this becomes more streamlined. ^_^

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 03:26:23 PM »
With the new site coming, would it be possible for you to add a row od share buttons to the Highlights?  Right now there is just the FB like button. I think having a twitter one, instagram, etc. would really help us to promote them more. Just throwing that idea out there. ;)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 06:41:52 AM »
Yes Teresa, that should be no issue

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 09:01:25 AM »
 ;) I'm not trying to add more to your already huge pile, but this occurred to me when I was trying to promote the new highlight I made. I think it would happen more if people could just click a button rather than having to copy and paste. Anyway, thanks for considering it.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 09:22:51 AM »
You're not adding anything to me, I've known about it and intend to take care of it in the new site. I could of had it fixed a long time ago, just trying to have the developers stay centered on the new site.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
You're not adding anything to me, I've known about it and intend to take care of it in the new site. I could of had it fixed a long time ago, just trying to have the developers stay centered on the new site.

And THIS is why we love you guys!  :-*

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 05:49:54 PM »
Amen, Sista.... ;) :D

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 01:58:30 AM »
I followed y'all over there. Just opened the account recently and really haven't figured it out yet.  Seems mobile/app driven, which is the best platform for managing my shops, but...the majority of my product pics are not on mobile, so not sure how I'll be using it as far as product/shop promotion. Any tips would be appreciated.
I use Dropbox.  It is on my mobile and computer.  It saves me space on the computer as they are saved online, but any photo that I take with my phone is automatically uploaded to the main dropbox, your can have as many files as you need and would be a great thing to have if you use your mobile for promoting and advertising as you would be able to pull photos directly from the dropbox.  Just an idea.

Offline TXGulfCoastCreations

• Beautifying the world 1 handcrafted item at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 01:18:45 PM »
Hi Beadthing, is Dropbox free? I don't know anything about it, will try to do some research. What I've learned to do is use my Etsy app to copy my listing pics onto iPod Touch, that seemed easiest, then repost them on Instagram. I've also learned that hashtags are ultra important on Instagram, that way you get way more exposure, likes, etc. I haven't seen any sales from it, but hoping eventually the exposure and name recognition will help drive sales up. Lisa