Author Topic: How do I run my shop to its full potential  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Tashasflowercreations

• View Profile
How do I run my shop to its full potential
« on: February 05, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »
Hi all, I registered with this website last year but haven't really worked out how to use this lovely site to my full potential. 

I currently have an online etsy shop but looking to expand especially in the handmade industry

I have added a couple of pages of my work in my new shop and would like to hear what you think? Does it stand out? Have I covered every angle of explaining the material and process of what I do?

I also wondered if there was a way that I could set up custom orders on here? I'm from UK so do find it a bit mindboggling when I  need to convert my currency from pounds into dollars, any advice would be greatly appreciated  :D

P.S is there a way where I can get notified if someone leaves me a message? I didn't realise I had messages until logged on after few months and felt awful for not knowing for quite a while

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: How do I run my shop to its full potential
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 03:48:16 PM »
I like your pictures. They are bright and easy to see. Descriptions seem good overall, but a little more detail might be good. For example, I was looking at some lovely pink hair pins. You say in your description that they are securely attached to the u shaped pin, but you don't say HOW they are secured. did you glue them, wire them?  Small stuff like that.
I have no clue what to say about converting money so I won't even venture there.
Just keep promoting your shop as much as you can. They will come!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: How do I run my shop to its full potential
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:40:18 PM »
I'll have Andrew check on your messages, since you should get an email and if not then there is a glitch we have to get fixed.

As far as shop...well, there is no short cut for promotion and like everywhere else, the more you put into it the more you get out of it.  If you would like, you can hop on over to IBH http://itsbetterhandmade.com/ and under the submit tab post your products for a wider audience or submit an interview (questions are already there for you) to be featured.  Andrew and I own both sites so feel free to use IBH to promote your shop here or your Etsy shop or both.

Custom orders are so much fun!  You can set up a listing for custom orders where you would have the customer contact you and the two of you can work out the details either through HAF or through private email.  Also, on your listings, you can always make that part of the description that you are available for custom orders. 

Currency I am NO help on since I still have to count on my fingers half the time....but I'm sure someone will jump in to offer some advice.