Author Topic: Promote your work for Free on It's Better Handmade!  (Read 38065 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Promote your work for Free on It's Better Handmade!
« on: August 06, 2012, 02:39:39 PM »
Most of you know that we now own the It's better Handmade Network,  and have opened up the website to product submissions.  All you need to do is read the Submission Guidelines on IBH and you'll find out all the info you need. All posts go into moderation until approved, once approved they are automatically tweeted on the @IBHNetwork twitter account and on the FB group and page. So basically you get 3 for 1 promotion for free. Additionally all products link back to your shop so you have another avenue for being found. The posts on IBH are indexed quickly by google and become searchable content for people to find you as well. Posts like these carry much more weight to the search engines that FB or Twitter posts.
I'm going to make this post sticky for a reminder for everyone as it would be much more beneficial to post through IBH than directly to FB, let us blow your horn instead of you blow your own. Plus you can promote others work there as well, just as long as it is handmade.  8)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
Re: Promote your work for Free on It's Better Handmade!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »
GREAT!  I am all for it.  Going there right now,  question is who do I promote first. so many to choose from.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 05:33:43 PM »
Heck promote your own work first if you want :D I just wanted to make sure every knows it is available and there for use. It really is a better use of time as google loves wordpress, so the couple minutes it takes to submit a post will go much further for you in the long run!

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:52 PM »
Heck promote your own work first if you want :D I just wanted to make sure every knows it is available and there for use. It really is a better use of time as google loves wordpress, so the couple minutes it takes to submit a post will go much further for you in the long run!
Thanks Andrew, I have just always hesitated at "tooting my own horn" so to speak, it is also one reason why I did not participate here on the forum for quite a while.  I try to hold back.  LOL.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:12:35 AM »
Thanks Andrew, I have just always hesitated at "tooting my own horn" so to speak, it is also one reason why I did not participate here on the forum for quite a while.  I try to hold back.  LOL.

Absolutely promote your own work!  The idea behind IBH is to promote all handmade and give you another backlink as well as some deserved promotion.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 06:18:05 PM »
Just wanted to bump this up IBH has made some major hurdles in the few months we've owned it. The alexa rankings have dropped, which is good, the lower the better, 16 million places http://www.alexa.com/search?q=itsbetterhandmade.com&r=site_siteinfo&p=bigtop
This is really quite amazing, promoting your shop there is free and the site is getting indexed by google very good, a large majority of the traffic is coming from organic google searches.
So don't forget to show off your work there as well or show off someone elses which is even better!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 06:24:34 PM »
Just wanted to bump this, IBH is doing great and posts are rolling in like crazy from Etsy, Artire, and some from Handmade Artists!
We have received feedback from many sellers of getting sales directly related to IBH and our promotion there for handmade.
So I say lets see some more handmade artists people strutting your stuff on IBH. I've actually started submitting some of our members items on IBH, just like I do on FB and twitter and others. Help us help you and you shop by submitting your work on IBH as well, I guarantee you will get hits and get noticed and who knows maybe some sales.
To submit your work on IBH go here http://itsbetterhandmade.com/new-post/ remember you must be logged in!

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 09:38:02 AM »
I'm not sure this is the place to put this, but I'll ask here.

I was one of the first ones to submit a product to IBH, and it sold immediately!  Life got busy and I forgot all about it.  I had to sign up and so on and so forth.

My problem: I can't remember the name I used or the password, the site insists I have one, but won't give me a hint or a clue has to how to retrieve it.  I would like to share a couple of new items.  How do I find my ID or cancel the first one and re-sign up?

Mind Like A Steel Sieve!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
I'm not sure this is the place to put this, but I'll ask here.

I was one of the first ones to submit a product to IBH, and it sold immediately!  Life got busy and I forgot all about it.  I had to sign up and so on and so forth.

My problem: I can't remember the name I used or the password, the site insists I have one, but won't give me a hint or a clue has to how to retrieve it.  I would like to share a couple of new items.  How do I find my ID or cancel the first one and re-sign up?

Mind Like A Steel Sieve!

Sent you a pm

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 01:43:48 PM »
Need to Bump this up! Submissions have been very good, the more the merrier! Keep them coming, free promotion is the best promotion  :laugh:

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 06:34:29 PM »
Bumping again.
The alexa stats on itsbetterhandmade have dropped from 17million, when we took it over in may to 1.2 million in the world, top 300,000 site in the
US and dropping everyday.

In short if you are not taking advantage of this free promotional opportunity you are missing out on some great FREE promo.
Each post is automatically posted to twitter on several accounts and on the IBH facebook group and facebook page. So you get triple exposure for2 minutes of work to put up a post!

Not a bad gig for free  8)

Offline VelasBonitas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »
Oh wow! I am definitely excited to try this! I am still setting up my shop here, and so I was wondering if it would be best to get all of my items listed and then go through this process, or simply start with the ones that I already have?

Thanks for all of the help and advice!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 11:39:44 AM »
You go about it however you like, IBH is open all the time. I guess it would be best to have a good amount of items in your shop though before you do too much promotion.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 03:57:28 PM »
Just a reminder, don't forget to post your work on It's better Handmade for Free! http://itsbetterhandmade.com

Post automatically get promoted to twitter and FB. The Its better handmade group and page. :laugh:

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 07:10:34 PM »
We changed the way posts are submitted on IBH, check it out and let us know what you think!
Thanks  8)